It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Won Both Popular ( 62.9 M -62.2 M ) And Electoral College Votes ( 306-232)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Admins... shouldn't this post be stamped HOAX?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

All the votes have still not been finalized, so until then it's not a HOAX.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Please explain.

These numbers are correct because someone tweeted them?

That can't be what you are claiming?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: jtma508

Why all the votes have still not been finalized, so until then it's not a HOAX.

The outstanding votes to be counted are insufficient to change the fact of HRCs lead in the popular vote.

And even if those remaining votes from blue districts show all Red.. she still will win the popular.

Ex: If someone has a 500k lead in the popular and 200k votes remain to be counted?

That is why it is safely reported she won the popular vote.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

This is based off a post from a fake news site.

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote
www.politifact.com...

* But here is my bottom line...In a world where fake news stories with agenda are taking over, ATS "Deny Ignorance" is supposed to be refuge, where people can get the facts and know at the least that those they disagree with are interested in finding the truth, even if the truth is not clear...

What ATS is becoming though is an outlet for intentionally fake and false information...An outright mockery of "Deny Ignorance"..and the more intentional propaganda is tolerated, disseminated and even celebrated here, the less ATS is a special place and a growing world of dishonest media.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Lastly...

Michigan is counted...just not officially certified.

As of Monday afternoon, President-elect Donald Trump has won Michigan by a razor thin 13,107 votes out of 4,785,223 votes cast, according to the Michigan Secretary of State.

But those are not the official results of the Nov. 8 election.

The state’s 83 counties have until Nov. 22 to certify their election results.

Does certification change results?

“I looked at the 2012 results and the presidential race changed by 113 votes for the candidates of the political parties,” he said.

www.freep.com...

So Michigan will add about 13k to Trumps total.

The current Popular vote total?

The Non-Partisan Cook report is the most up to date.
docs.google.com...=19

Clinton

Trump

The difference is almost 1 Million...without several very Blue Districts in California certifying their votes yet.

That is why estimates range from 1M to 1.5M margin Hillary win in popular vote totals.

And 13k from Michigan will not change that.

(post by Invicid removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Either way we dont use the popular vote to elect the President so trying to base an argument off that = fail.

The chances of getting electors to vote for Clinton is a pipe dream and people should accept the fact Trump won and that everyone else is just going to have to sit and wait for the next election... Just like people, including myself, had to do when Obama was elected and reelected.

Fortunately the the term Obama the 1st is coming to and end. The reign of error is over with.

As for the op source - The info came from a group / site 70news and google was directing search results to it.The information is incorrect and Clinton leads Trump in the popular vote by several hundred thousand.

edit on 15-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
psssssst....hey......TRUMP WON!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Lastly...

As of Monday afternoon, President-elect Donald Trump has won Michigan by a razor thin 13,107 votes out of 4,785,223 votes cast, according to the Michigan Secretary of State.

“I looked at the 2012 results and the presidential race changed by 113 votes for the candidates of the political parties,” he said.

www.freep.com...

docs.google.com...=19

Clinton

Trump

The difference is almost 1 Million...without several very Blue Districts in California certifying their votes yet.

That is why estimates range from 1M to 1.5M margin Hillary win in popular vote totals.

Thanks for the good and accurate information.

But the point still stands: Adding up the popular vote counts in *all* 49 states except CA and Trump wins. HRC will have a large popular vote margin in CA - no doubt about it. But since Trump carried far more states than Hillary - 32 vs. 18, and more importantly far more electoral college votes, it's a rather pointless point, n'est pas?

edit on 11/15/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

So basically...the argument that Hillary won the popular vote...can ONLY be made by factoring in the unverified and uncertified votes from the ONE state with the greatest number of illegal voters.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: Indigo5
Lastly...

www.freep.com...

docs.google.com...=19

Clinton

Trump

Thanks for the good and accurate information.

But the point still stands: Adding up the popular vote counts in *all* 49 states except CA and Trump wins.

If wishes and butts?

Adding up the popular vote counts in *all* 49 states except TX and Hillary wins...both electoral college and popular vote.

And tex has half the population that CA does!

And mathematically speaking the margins in states were so unbelievably close ...that if just 1 in every 100 Trump voters had voted Hillary instead she would have swept the Electoral College.

Wisc..He won by 1%...MI...he won by .3 of 1%...PA..1%..FL..

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Riffrafter

So basically...the argument that Hillary won the popular vote...can ONLY be made by factoring in the unverified and uncertified votes from the ONE state with the greatest number of illegal voters.

No...Nice try though. True...remove California (the state with the largest population) from the math and Hillary loses the popular vote.

But do the same with TX and Hillary would have won almost a few million more votes in total popular vote AND the electoral college.

I am good with secessions though. I have a vacation property in CA
I love TX, but ya'll can have it at this point...Though the 43% of Texans who voted for Hillary (7% more than voted Obama in 2012) might disagree.

Numbers here...for those of you on the right that don't think counting is a liberal scheme.
docs.google.com...=19

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Glad you brought up Texas. The state with the SECOND most illegal voters.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Off to LOL forum for this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
All this popular vote vs EC vote discussion is pointless. The POTUS is not elected by popular vote, period. Someday that may change, but not today. For all we know if it was by popular vote and everyone was aware of that the outcome might be different. I live in TN and I typically don't vote for POTUS unless I plan to vote Democrat.TN pretty much is going to be red, so if I'm voting red why bother. But it it was about popular vote I would vote every time. Not saying getting rid of the EC is even a good idea, but it would effect how I and others vote. I did not vote for Trump, I think both candidates are steaming piles (but hoping I'm wrong about Trump). But if it had been about popular vote, I would have voted for Trump as the candidate most likely to keep HRC out of the White House, not because I believed in him. How many more would have voted against HRC if it mattered. I think it's safe to assume the people that wrote in Hillary for prison would have voted for Trump too. Hillary is so disliked she was beaten by a misogynistic reality TV blowhard who really didn't even seem to be trying that hard to win.

But she did win the popular vote, good on her.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
From POLITIFACT:

No, Donald Trump is not beating Hillary Clinton in the popular vote

Monday, November 14th, 2016 at 4:57 p.m.

from a little-known site called 70news.

[After the splashy claim that he did - see the article for the screengrab], further down the page, the site’s anonymous author wrote, "To all the liberal loonies still rioting because you claim Trump did not get the popular vote, get your meds now and prepare to be shocked because the finals results are in. Trump got 306 Electoral College vote while Hillary Clinton got 232. For #PopularVote: #Trump: 62,972,226 #Clinton: 62,277,750."

According to its Facebook page, the site launched in August and seeks to "share news that matters to you. What liberal media will try to hide, we will uncover."

[T]here’s a screenshot of how that particular Google search displayed the 70news post -- prominently [on the linked article].

Furthermore the Electoral College has not officially voted yet. THEY COULD STILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS. Unquestionably, he should be getting those votes, but the electors can STILL change their minds. And there are petitions going around asking people to continue rioting.

Now - are you, Electric, going to do your usual (to wit: pour some more audacious gasoline on the truth and light another dangerous, toxic fire)? Or ARE YOU GOING TO SIT BACK LIKE AN ARSONIST AND WATCH as the people you are instigating to violence and despair do your dirty work? Either way, "well done you?" I guess.

A sick mind indeed would do such a thing on purpose.

MODS:
PLEASE HOAX BIN THIS THREAD Or, admit that ATS is now a proud and shameless Prison Planet, Breitbart, Infowars, Alt-Right Bullcrap aggregation site. A right-wing echo chamber.
A lot of CONSPIRATORIAL SPIN and NONSENSE that has fallen way, way below the once balanced, intellectual resource it used to be for reasonable speculation and careful discussion with an objective of pointing out disinfo LIKE IT USED TO BE into an abyss of absolute trash journalism and internet trolls.

You could keep the acronym, but make it stand for Absolute Trash Sensationalism.
That's what I would do. It seems your audience has shifted and now would be a plum time to switch to an alt-right format --- get on the Trump list of trusted advisory sites for truth and common sense!!!!

ugh! throw up in my mouth ...
I hate that!
edit on 11/15/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: Gah! More

edit on 11/15/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: rickymouse

Another thing about Southern California and illegals. In 2006 I lost my job and applied for unemployment. I was denied because SOMEONE had exhausted my benefits! I made a yuuuuuge stink, but got a another job before the whole thing resolved.

I feel your pain, and it's not surprising.

I have communicated with both Cali FTB and IRS to check on various things, and for verification of my identity they want to know the outstanding balance on both my car and home loans. I own my car outright, always have since 1988, and rent the house, have never even applied for a home loan, so nothing to report... and because of that they say I am not me.

It can be frustrating, I know. Hope you didn't give up chasing down what was going on with your EDD benefits.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yadboy
All this popular vote vs EC vote discussion is pointless. The POTUS is not elected by popular vote, period. Someday that may change, but not today. For all we know if it was by popular vote and everyone was aware of that the outcome might be different. I live in TN and I typically don't vote for POTUS unless I plan to vote Democrat.TN pretty much is going to be red, so if I'm voting red why bother. But it it was about popular vote I would vote every time. Not saying getting rid of the EC is even a good idea, but it would effect how I and others vote. I did not vote for Trump, I think both candidates are steaming piles (but hoping I'm wrong about Trump). But if it had been about popular vote, I would have voted for Trump as the candidate most likely to keep HRC out of the White House, not because I believed in him. How many more would have voted against HRC if it mattered. I think it's safe to assume the people that wrote in Hillary for prison would have voted for Trump too. Hillary is so disliked she was beaten by a misogynistic reality TV blowhard who really didn't even seem to be trying that hard to win.

But she did win the popular vote, good on her.

Why bother voting? Your vote may be the one that pushes things one way or another.

Oddly, I think people with your attitude are exactly what got Trump the EC win.
"What does it matter? My state always goes (left / right)."

I'd think that Trump getting > 1/3 of California votes should serve as a wake-up to everyone. I mean, it's not that he won the state, but that is a significant number of people voting against Democrats... too many, matter of fact, for the established to ignore.

And now, all the Democrats can do is whine about losing the vote when it's not the popular vote that elects the President, but rather the States that do. The writers of the Constitution wrote the process out specifically to prevent a simple majority of citizens dictating to the rest of the country what will happen. We have a popular vote at the state level, but at the federal level, it is the states, weighted by population, who elect the president.

It is a brilliant method for electing leaders, and gives even the smallest of states, by population, a large voice.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join