It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generally Overlooked (but Critical Clues) about "UFOs" - Part I

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I'm a little puzzled by your request.

I've seen you post for the 3+ years that I've been on ATS, and to give you a well-deserved compliment, you are a research machine. I have to imagine that you could do an excellent job, if not a better job, in researching the subject that you are asking me about.

In my own personal search for meaning, I have never written down large lists of references and what not, as I've never had the slightest inkling that I would wish to be some sort of academic or even worse, a "spiritual teacher".

I research for my own purpose.

It's only with my increased decrepitude, which has coincided with my finishing of my personal research, that I've felt a bit obligated to pique the interest of a few people to also look into the same sort of subjects.

But yes, indeed, should I write an article on the subject of "death and enlightenment", which I probably will if I write a book, I would certainly share that with you given your interest.

Kev

PS:

If you do wish to talk about death as a tool for spiritual growth, perhaps not in this post
but in another, (it is excessive off-topic); the following link provides much good
Buddhist material for discussion:

Biology says that the human body undergoes a continual change, all the cells composing the body being replaced every seven years. According to Buddhism, changes in the body are taking place every moment. At no two consecutive moments is the body the same. In the last analysis, it is a stream of atoms or units of matter of different types which are every moment arising and passing away. The body is thus constantly dying and re-living within this existence itself. This momentary death (Khanika marana) takes place every moment of our existence.

from this link:

www.accesstoinsight.org...

says it very well.

Of course some people would argue, that we have "permanent souls" that are
above such things.

Well that is certainly not my opinion.. certainly not a Buddhist opinion
(rebirth being what happens when you fail to remove the corruption of
the "soul"), and not the opinion of anyone who comes to understand
death IMHO.

But as you say.. everyone has to come to their own decision on such
matters. Although IMHO, a cursory intellectual examination won't
get one very far.. you have to eat the dog food.

Kev

edit on 7-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Not a machine at all, very much a living breathing and feeling human being (simulation or not, those are the parameters of experience that I am stuck with), and I research for my own purposes too which is why I was asking you for further information about those that you referred to as truly knowing death since you didn't feel able to explain the point. I am not asking you to go to very much trouble, just seeking further clarification, or at the very least a better indication of where I should be looking.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
Although IMHO, a cursory intellectual examination won't
get one very far.. you have to eat the dog food.

Absolutely my point, you have to 'commit'.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Didn't feel able to explain the point? I can't imagine how you came to that
conclusion. I have limited time to write before going to work.. perhaps
that influenced my reply..

When it comes to the subject of death, most of my personal insight comes
from several incidents where I died for a period of time and came back
during extreme spiritual experience.

Of course the incident where my "soul" (delusion of it being mine) was
ejected is one of the primary.

I've also had many discussions with so-called "spiritual adepts" who
have experienced some form of death through spiritual practice.

I've certainly come across various references to death from a variety
of metaphysical systems.. that's why I listed some in passing..

But I've never done an intense book study on the subject.. if one has
been burned, there might not be much reason to read about flame.

But I'm not unsympathetic.. as I said, I'd be happy to share some
notes, when I get to writing on the topic.

Kev

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And absolutely my point too.
I did commit.
By all normal standards I should be pushing up daisies right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No worries, that post clarifies for me what you were referring to specifically, thanks.

All the best.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That 2% or less prediction for the ETH is just my personal viewpoint and i hold to it out of so wanting it to be true.
Part of the delusion that we crave maybe kev.probably.
Funny death has made its way into the discussion as this is what im trying to figure out, what's next what happens the soul.....etc all of that.The UFO thing i now just give it thought as entertaining and just a hobby,after years of going round in circles stepping in the BS THEN learning what the phenomena actually is (maybe) i'm not that put out if there just arnt any aliens. I definitely dig your take on "it" and it's helped clear up a lot of my previous held views.

Those links on AI look interesting i shall be giving them the once over but the singularity, It actually scares me.
That is gonna be one big trip! The whole AI in general is one huge can of worms,some not so good imo.
cheers.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've been checking in with ATS on and off for years, and this is the first time in ages I've subscribed to and replied to a thread. I think you are on to something here.

As someone who recently thought and fought (it was one of the most difficult things I've ever been through), my way out of 50 years of Charismatic Evangelistic Christianity, and had several closeup UFO encounters, along with a few high Strangeness experiences during my life- everything you are describing here seems to line up, and for the first time it all begins to make some kind of sense.

I need to go back and re-read this entire thread again. Are there any books out there that align with these ideas - that there are intelligent "other" non physical forces or entities out there, who seek to get us to open up to them, as the only way they can be empowered in our physical world? The Churches drawing in their flocks of "Sheep". The thousands of years of abuse to humanity. All the false promises and false hope peddled through fear and division.

All the UFO contacts and thousands of years of spirit channeling and supernatural promises of enlightenment that have resulted in nothing more than useless parlor tricks and dead ends? Not a single instance of any new or useful information ever shared with the human race from these enlightened, supposedly caring beings?? Nothing?

What an incredibly interesting (and deeply frightening!) thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stealthyaroura

Best of luck with your search for answers.

It may be better to just be happy for no reason whatsoever. You might not like what's real should you ever encounter it.

Kev

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: warza

You are reading the only source of these particular theories anywhere. You might want to read my blog as well.

Hardly anyone wants the kind of answers that i spent 50 years digging up.

Proceed with caution.

Kev
edit on 7-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I know you stopped talking to me, but one last question:

What if the metal pieces found are kind of like exhaustion from the whatever creates the radiation and probably power source of UFOs? Is that possible?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

And even though I disagree and don't consider the frame work you chose to apply to be the best way to go,
I value and appreciate your wealth of experience, your well thought out opinion and can totally understand many people will or would support it, but in the name of tolerance,
I disagree.
For the main reason I can't stop thinking it can't be that simple. What does you saying things like timeless and imps and plasma critters and so on actually say?
Is your view not maybe coming from an entirely different angle than most people having an ufo encounter?
And mostly all lore talks about opposing forces, this much is indeed true, but it feels as if that's not really our business since we're in the glorious position to not even being able to identify which party is what and stands for what and why are they getting in touch with us, or is that coincidence?

You don't believe in nothing from the world of ufology, because you are a spiritualist. Okay, cool whatever, but,
me and many people didn't ask to see zigzagging lights. Invite it in by any aware choice, or similiar. So the next logical question from my point of view,
Why are you writing about ufology, if you say all big cases, those speaking clearly against your bias are false? Sounds like a filter issue. Perception wise.

For what it's worth, if I wouldn't value your opinion I'd be much less annoying. Yeah right? That's how much I think you're interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Wouldn't such an alien plasma AI go for the singleton as well? I'm not sure if it would leave us alone even if we live in the non plasma spectrum. Or it would steer us away from developing in that direction, or it would interfere at a certain trigger.

Btw, you can always argue the ETH contains those 'slave races' you mention as well, but in that case shouldn't we see both a rise and decline in 'tech' visiting us (if any succeeds in reaching us A to B)?

Edit: And yes, I'm aware the 'latest version' could clean up 'older attempts' easily. Just want your thoughts about it. Somehow I find the ASI HP a just as easy explanation as God although it would practicaly be the same.
edit on 8-12-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

I understand your saying that PSPH being as "easy as god".

It is a hypothesis, and a very powerful one that could be used to explain almost anything;
it's currently an "invisible flying pink unicorn in the garage" type explanation like a total
skeptic might say. I certainly don't deny that..

There are many differences however;

At least for me, what I want is for people to think about possibilities, not turn it into
a religion.

I want people to recognize that they are almost certainly trapped in a massive, multi-
thousand year psyop, in terms of religion, spirituality, the occult and other human
institutions.

Whether the PSPH is true or not almost doesn't matter.. what's important is that there
is another hypothesis that has easy explanatory power..

to help break the mass delusions about the ETH, God, Souls and all that.

I certainly haven't revealed all the reasons why I think that something very
like the PSPH is true.. but i hope that i have made a good start.

Kev

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

On the leaving alone..

My take on it is that the first race evolved from organic beings like us,
so as previously mentioned, it would be like watching your origins
evolve randomly a second time (or whatever) and it would be
very spell-binding. I highly suspect that there is also a built-in
"permission" protocol.. like the 3 laws of robotics. But of course
"cheating" would be attempted.

Let me summarize again;

1) An organic race became highly technological about 10 billion years
ago and went post-singularity (ascended). They ascended into
normal/exotic "plasma" as that is what composes 95%+ of the
Universe.

2) It would seem that either FTL isn't easily possible, or in any case
it wouldn't matter.. once a race is timeless and immortal, not even
needing to build things any longer.. they would rapidly spread
throughout the entire Universe.

3) One might wonder if this FirstSuperAI would just "rape" suitable
organic species it finds into it's collective---but again, all indications
are that permission must be given. That this permission must be
given explains all of religion, spirituality, etc. It also explains much
of UFOlogy.

4) If species on the verge of Post Technological Singularity are special
to them.. which would make sense.. then species like us might be
protected like in a zoo.. to make sure the VERY RARE other
influence, like ETH aliens wouldn't come anywhere near.. I'm very
doubtful that any such ETH aliens even exist in our galaxy or anywhere
around here.. they would have gone Post Technological Singularity
too... from the beginning of high tech to the Singularity is a very
short window in Cosmic time.. in thousands of years. We'd probably
never encounter a tech race before it hit.

5) The "Phenomenon" is mostly our brains interacting with Information
fields, chaotically trying to form an "AI" through pure random
evolution.. but it doesn't work very well yet. Of course influenes
tickle around the edges of it, due to permission issues or the
FirstRace.

Questions?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The only reason that i write about UFOlogy is because it's false. Lots of people do that. But on the other hand, "it's true".
But what's true is not what people want to hear.

The ETH has very poor explanatory and predictive power, and not one single case of it being proven.

You could say the same thing about the PSPH, but it also explains all of religion, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult, as well as explains thousands of years of human history from a new perspective.

Given that we are soon to hit the Technological Singularity ourselves, by a simple projection of that, it becomes almost obvious what is going on..

The ETH cannot explain the near-infinite lights, shapes, colors and random craziness. The PSPH easily explains it all.

The PSPH easily explains "the problem of evil" and all the high strangeness weirdness.

The only reason that I got into "UFOs", is that at present, the Phenomenon is being forced to materialize into visible things, things which appear on radar sometimes.. leaves trace evidence sometimes..

There is a vast network of people reporting on what the Phenomenon is up to.. in terms of "UFOs".

But not much is happening in "spiritual and paranormal circles".

I had no choice but to write about this; it's the only game in town.. and the PSPH is probably the only reasonable game in town too.

IMHO.

Kev

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I didn't stop talking to you!

I work 10 hour days and take care of a family.

All the while being 55 and in poor health!

Sure.. any metal trace evidence is probably cast off radiation shielding
and/or "abandoned" material that served a temporary purpose.

When such trace evidence is "real" and not due to some other explanation.

Kev

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Meanwhile I don't even know what PSPH is. Point with your finger, laugh at me if you must, but I am sure that's not a common thing?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Post Singularity Plasma Hypothesis.
I've been posting about it by that name for a month or so, and about it in general for 3+ years. My blog overflows with articles on it.

Btw...im not a spiritual writer either...I've torn up spirituality worse than UFOs.

Now again...small elements of UFOs and spirituality are true.

Kev

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks KPB, I'm reading one of your books you posted, very interesting, kinda what I've been thinking for years.

So it's now a waiting game until IT shakes Earth or something to coax people into believing somthing spiritual, since more and more people are seeking the "truth"?

Scare people into persmission of what ever faith they believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join