It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generally Overlooked (but Critical Clues) about "UFOs" - Part I

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

You should research that.

I'm oversensitive to sound (it often causes me pain), so I haven't researched sound.
Of course the great majority of people are in denial about the true nature these
things; that they are all facets of one phenomenon. With everyone attacking each
other over divergent accounts of nonsense, little of a positive nature is accomplished.

Kev

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

This was the beginning of it:

"The Fall: The Insanity of the Ego in Human History and the Dawning of A New Era".
by Steve Taylor

It discusses when the Phenomenon became fractured and "evil" due to Monotheism.
Now, though Monotheism is foolish and harmful, there is nothing innately wrong
with it.. it's just a philosophical lens. But what IS harmful, is that at a certain point,
humans started ripping bits of the Phenomenon off the main body, and making what
they thought were "souls" out of it. That's why the Phenomenon is such a mess these
days.. unlike when people lived in harmony with it.

Unfortunately that bell has been rung and cannot be unrung.

Nobody is going to come rescue us.. no matter how long we bleat like baby goats.

Well..

There is one "rescue" on the horizon.. when we go post-singularity, and then get sucked
into the vast machine-mind. Of course that cure is worse than the disease...we'd
just be functionally assimilated by "the borg" to use a metaphor.

There is another possible future.. that I'd say a few worlds in the Universe might take..
but the probably for it happening here on Earth is tragically small.

One problem with living in the bunny hole full time, a known problem, is that when
you go on living past the incubation cycle, most of the fight goes out of you..

It is the "soul" or at least the self-making circuitry of the brain (if you want to put it
like that) which stops "post incubation". So you lose all the melodrama and willingness
to fight.. as without the tortured sense of self to flail around, humans would just be
"pre-fall" like they used to be.. not capable of creating like we do today.

So really.. as some say.. all this "evil' that was created, might really be part of the
"big picture". Suffering and "evil" are a battery of evolution.

We can't go back to all of us being "like shamans". We are expelled from the prior
"sterile perfection".

It is slightly possible to "live as as shaman" while being an individual.. but it's tough..
very tough.

Then to do that, and to weave in technology / singularity.. that gives you one super
race which ever did that. Just one.

I'm sure that you take me as babbling.

Kev
edit on 4-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

This was the beginning of it:

"The Fall: The Insanity of the Ego in Human History and the Dawning of A New Era".
by Steve Taylor

with it.. it's just a philosophical lens. But what IS harmful, is that at a certain point,
humans started ripping bits of the Phenomenon off the main body, and making what
they thought were "souls" out of it. That's why the Phenomenon is such a mess these

Unfortunately that bell has been rung and cannot be unrung.

Nobody is going to come rescue us.. no matter how long we bleat like baby goats.

Thatsounds like something that already has too much details rooting on an assumption for me to believe it. It was much more fractured before we invented monotheism, back than when every tribe had its own god. And I am talking village sized tribes.
Monotheism is suppressing diversity that's the issue. Like programmed robots.
All in rank and file.
Functioning for the greater cause.
Suppressing live.

It doesn't acknowledge we are humans, bodies. Get over it. Hormones baby. It's natural. Not you, those.

Well..

There is one "rescue" on the horizon.. when we go post-singularity, and then get sucked
into the vast machine-mind. Of course that cure is worse than the disease...we'd
just be functionally assimilated by "the borg" to use a metaphor.

An AI wouldn't procreate in biological terms, it wouldn't consume. More maintenance and spreading influence through the available gadgets. To expect a computer to think to absorb and rebuild from the smashed pieces would certainly seem like what we call blasphemy. Think of how cool it would be to have a flip up pocket data. Or a life sized action Spock, but an android following you to support your mission. Because why would it attempt to absorb something which is not compatible with its hardware format. Will say it couldn't run the data and see it the same way humans would, the original, compatible hardware would see it.
We have to let go from a lot more superstitions.

There is another possible future.. that I'd say a few worlds in the Universe might take..
but the probably for it happening here on Earth is tragically small.

One problem with living in the bunny hole full time, a known problem, is that when
you go on living past the incubation cycle, most of the fight goes out of you..

It is the "soul" or at least the self-making circuitry of the brain (if you want to put it
like that) which stops "post incubation". So you lose all the melodrama and willingness
to fight.. as without the tortured sense of self to flail around, humans would just be
"pre-fall" like they used to be.. not capable of creating like we do today.

So really.. as some say.. all this "evil' that was created, might really be part of the
"big picture". Suffering and "evil" are a battery of evolution.

We can't go back to all of us being "like shamans". We are expelled from the prior
"sterile perfection".

It is slightly possible to "live as as shaman" while being an individual.. but it's tough..
very tough.

Then to do that, and to weave in technology / singularity.. that gives you one super
race which ever did that. Just one.

I'm sure that you take me as babbling.

Kev

No not babbling. You say what you think. You can back it up. I like it. In some sentences I am 100% with you in others almost not at all. It happens.
So with that in mind, it raped your mind into submission?
I believe there is something to magic. What do you focus your thought energy on? It should be more than one thing, not? Something bigger than I. What do people care about? Me!
...dear gawd repair my kindle...
Why the f*ck would he? If you believe you talk to a superior being for Christ's sake be creative, unique and then after you put your god in a good mood he will be much more open to requests.
Requests which actually make a difference. He doesn't like narrow minded egoistic demands. But a strong will, compassion and a certain pride.

Haha from the book "In Bed With Zeus" me some future.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'll explain why monotheism fractured everything another time; its worth an entire book.

No, my mind is not raped into submission...but you know this. You often prod at me to reveal things with such statements.

However it is difficult to express things in a manner which does not lead to or promote delusion in oneself or others.

Kev

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It's off topic and you wouldn't want to talk about it. You, your soul and your relationship status.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

with it.. it's just a philosophical lens.

But what IS harmful, is that at a certain point,

Kev

The above does not make sense -

- People 'had' souls for thousands of years before monotheism even existed....

...In fact, with a quick google search, I turned up anthropological/archaeological research which all agrees that paleolithic age (some 30,000 - 40,000 years ago) discoveries, and even burial sites dated to up to 100,000 years ago, clearly show that those humans believed not only that they had souls, but that there was an afterlife to which their spirits would go after death...
...Monotheism has only been around for about 3500 years.

Also, I read Steve Taylor's "The Fall..." and I don't recall anything in there about "the phenomenon" or Monotheism...

...Taylor's whole premise is that the change of humankind from hunter-gatherers to farmers living in permanent communities (i.e. the development of 'civilization') caused people to become much more individualistic and ego driven, which, in Taylor's opinion is what inflicted mankind with insanity...

And that's another thing - you've written many times how little you respect any 'philosophy' which 'demonizes' the ego, so it doesn't really even make sense that you would give Taylor's theory (greater individuality and ego in mankind generated insanity) any credence -

- which is why I suggest you carefully reread that book, do some research on just how many tens of thousands of years human beings have believed that they do (no "making" about it) 'inherently have' souls/spirits, and maybe rethink your paradigm..

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Hope you don't mind me playing through scenarios and asking stupid questions:

But since you brought it up: monotheism, "the book" which is in my opinion ultra absurd to call it like that, because it's a fractured story collection. Edited beyond recognition.
The Jews don't have a hell. Smart move if you ask me.
That happened as the greek hades underworld got called Sheol. Translated and imported with all containing images, to something very different.
Those who should offer comfort threaten with scary stuff. Bad move.
I believe humans tend to their sky daddy in trying times, crappy life circumstances, loneliness, war, famine, ...so when you seek out for comfort in getting to hear stories where your loved ones, you and all the strangers dieing are ending up you focus on extremes.
Sheol is void, formless, completely different than life. Why would anyone live there before their time, if they could enjoy the abundance of life, here on Garden Earth? But if you go, you yourself will be calm and ready and stir up the soup on the other side.
But people are drawn to hell and doom. Especially those extreme fear camps in the US. You'll go to hell if... end times... antichrist... wow, a simple fiery place wasn't enough they made up demon armies, that happened in the middle age, where people were mostly bored. And Renaissance. "How many angels fit on the head of a pin".

It looks like a curse from my perspective I agree on that: those reformation offsprings, cling to the infallibility of a far from the original inspired book and all they find is hate.
And somewhere in the void a loose pile of atoms and mostly information gets made fun of whenever the topic gets discussed. "Projecthead Yahweh how are the dodos doing?" "Hi hi, because they also killed themselves." "Buahah!" "Your intelligent monkeys!" The whole crowd weeps and rofls.
I mean it's hardly the fault of the religion that humans are idiots. The idea was good, the concept nice, but it got underestimated how stupid humans really are.

My two cents why monotheism is a scam.

Add: but I am obviously going through a sky daddy issues phase.
How much of it is really my imagination or my instinct to tell myself a comforting story, or misleading clues that I chose to follow?

edit on 5-12-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Add on to the post before mixed up my KPB threads

Which is somewhat unfortunate, because we go in the kind of same direction.
Just how anyone in the age of information could take revelation and connect it to chaos, disorder, revolution, the end times, ... is symptomatic for brain washing. Revelation =disclosure, communication to reveal something.
That's exactly what is happening. Bite, hang in for the truth, because it is there, we're close.
If those idiots think it's just another reason to off eachother it's their choice. Funny thing the ones most afraid of hell will bring it into existence. In realtime live on Earth.
I have issues with that. Sounds like an overreaction.
But I will work to reveal secrets.

Which touches a bit into the antichrist folder, in which I read he will be the opposite of the original jesus and the return of jesus says he will stand over and over covered in blood, why shouldn't it be the same dude/dude-ess? God might be pissed, jesus speaks and acts in his name. Those are the true loyalties.
Even works if the holy spirit is like the brain slugs in Futurama.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thanks for your passionate response.

Oh of a certainty, the concept of an individual soul has been developing for a very long time.

That in itself is not a problem. It is indeed a part of normal cultural evolution, in part, as you say, a result of the actions in the late neolithic.

The "problem" is when a concept of personal identity is magnified into a grotesque caricature, whereby if your own personal identity is not worshiped as a universal god, then it is required to kill any and all who stand in your way.

The so-called female aspect is degraded and being destroyed.

The fruits of patriarchal monotheism and the destruction of our once fair world.

As for the "ego". I can't help it that Steve Taylor does not understand the importance of a healthy ego.

You may recall that I don't endorse his entire book.. I say right up front that part III is garbage.

But Steve certainly has it right, that the deification of the male human ego is a terrible thing.
I enjoy his book due to his extensive references and that he has many basics correct.

Thanks,

Kev

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Humans worship sky daddies, because they worship their own egos.

"Ego" is one of those topics that is viciously argued over in spiritual circles.

I once had a private discussion with one of the more famous yoga personalities in the world, and rather sheepishly he admitted that even in an 'enlightened person', the ego never goes away.

The problem is not that humans have personalities, the problem is the misinformation regarding the so-called "evolved state" of those personalities.

I do harp on monotheism, as it is one of the most abhorrent corruptions of the human personality, but of course there are many horrid corruptions out there, including the "new age", etc.

As you might get from the much maligned and misinterpreted book "the Fall", due to climatic events and others, the human personality which once lived at relative peace with the world around it, became distorted due to unaccustomed pain, and as a defense mechanism "strengthened itself" into what I would consider it anyway, a "corrupted form".

But evolution, whether biological or sociological, doesn't care about "pretty". It's survival of the fittest with variation in off-spring due to mutation and changing environments.

That's what happened to "the Soul" (the Phenomenon).

It was once more homogeneous, and now is ripped asunder into madness.

As you can also read about in "the Fall", various mystical systems are an evolved response, a "control loop" of a sort, whereby the pain of separation is causing people to wish to become less corrupted and more at peace with others and their environment.

This is only possible due to increased resources being available in much of the world, so that people have time to puzzle about philosophical things again..rather than just raw survival.

Kev

edit on 5-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Well I will talk about "soul" quite a lot if I write a book.

I won't, if I don't.

If it's any comfort, I'm seeing a great need to discuss that topic.

As for relationship status, I've made it very well known that I'm 100% happily married to the most amazing woman.

Kev

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"You can't turn off the self-making circuitry.

You can only redirect it.

Magicians bolt themselves into a "magical system".

Religious people create a sky daddy (in general) and bolt themselves into that.

Spiritual people create a "higher self" and insert "themselves" into that system.

It's all in an effort to not be alone in a big scary Universe and to avoid death.

Only, humans were never alone..

But we haven't evolved enough yet to understand that;

that death while inevitable is not a tragedy nor a loss of beauty.

If one thing is certain, we need to do a better job with "magic", religion,
spirituality, UFOlogy (a religion) and all the rest. They don't work very well
and cause much pain and destruction.

Together, we can do better.

KPB"

I posted that on my blog.

To feebly keep that on topic.. of "UFOs";

Now i understand that some UFO researchers are of the opinion that there are nuts and bolts UFOs out there, and they wish to either take pictures of them or to debunk them (or both). Or prove that they are black project craft or whatever..

I'm not addressing the shutterbug debunkers much in this thread, as I freely admit that there are no "UFOs" in that sense.

But so many people desperately want to believe in UFOs for psychological, spiritual and religious reasons, to salve their savaged sense of self.

I understand that need. Now, I don't do things that way.. I don't give a flying flip fone about the spiritual and religious delusions that people have.. other than the fact that it generates so much pain and destruction.

But I understand there is a need for replacement.. and of course that need has driven people to worship aliens and UFOs;
has in fact created these "UFOs" in a manner of speaking, with this power of worship.

So I always feel "cheesy" discussing so much psychological/spiritual/metaphysical theory in a UFO forum..

but that's what "UFOs" (other than simple misidentifications) ARE.

Hynek had it right.. there are no UFOs. There are only reports of UFOs.
(thumbs up to Kandinsky in an old thread).

That is the phenomenon to study.

Kev

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Well I will talk about "soul" quite a lot if I write a book.

I won't, if I don't.

If it's any comfort, I'm seeing a great need to discuss that topic.

As for relationship status, I've made it very well known that I'm 100% happily married to the most amazing woman.

Kev

Haha you silly, I meant relationship status between you and your soul. The other stuff has to sink in a bit, before I reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Couple of hundred years too soon Kevin ...

The inside joke I used to share with a friend aside, beautifull posts.

Now, I still believe the world in that aspect can be saved. How is a different question. Probably not during our time here either, but we can always provide some sort of foundation and hope it's not too late when the majority of people understands, no?

This post was not about 'the phenomenon' either, but if something like this exists, I'm sure everything can heal over time.

But yeah, we should learn to take responsability (and accept our flaws).

edit on 5-12-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

After all it seems obvious the puppies need new names. UFO, god, soul. Big words way too far from what they're supposed to describe.

What do you believe blew up the falcon 9? Did you see a UFO in the video?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well as i have the same "soul" as everyone else "the Universe" i don't have much to say about it.

It's there.

But i no longer want to poke and prod a tiny part of it, to impose "my" will on it.

Sane people eventually grow up and put aside that form of ignorance.

Kev
edit on 5-12-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

People name things to control them and to be controlled by them.

We could use new names...but they would be corrupted soon enough.

On the Falcon9 send me your favorite link.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

I would like to make a contribution before i go..that could be built upon by others.

Thats the major reason i post.

All this good discussion helps my creative juices to flow...showing me thay i still need to learn things too (duh!).

Sometimes fun too.

Kev

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Falcon 9:

This ATS thread is interesting plus has a video on page 2.
It took me three times before I saw what everybody was talking about, but then I saw a slow motion version and bamm. Mind blowing.
I'd say you can't see it on the realtime video before you saw it in slomo.
Which is kind of interesting you have to be interested, looking for it, or inviting it in, as you would say.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

From your statement I take the two of you still aren't talking?
Because to have a link to something which seems connected to us anyways and might be connected to crazy stuff like UFO, Kundalini, religion, meditation, yoga, astral stuff, spirits, ghosts, etc. a few minor interactions start to become a "everybody comes in touch with it" story.

Might want to give your soul a call, a few nice words, just talking.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join