It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generally Overlooked (but Critical Clues) about "UFOs" - Part I

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Greetings fellow bunny-hole inhabitants,

I'm always saying that "I'm retired", but here I am on ATS still flapping my gums about UAPs, UFOs and things that go bump in the night. I was just thinking today, that if I were to actually just go cold-turkey, what would I deeply regret that people had not taken seriously enough.

So I will share just a few points that made all the difference for me in "nearly" slaking my thirst on this topic.

One: The Phenomenon manifests in Infinite Confusing Ways
People are always trying to justify their pet theories about little green men or whatever, by taking one tiny subset of "sightings" and forcing it into their limited perceptual mold. Let's take the ETH for a moment. I have nothing against the idea that organic aliens (or non-organic for that matter) might be riding around the Universe in nuts and bolts ships. ET could arrive tomorrow and land on the White House lawn. (I suspect they might be from a different galaxy, but that is another matter). The problem is however, that there is dead ZERO evidence that this has happened to date. But the major point of this topic, is that people have been seeing "strange lights" and "strange stuff" since shortly after we evolved eyeballs. Some of it in the sky, and some of it elsewhere. And no doubt in their imaginations as well, but that's not necessarily a problem.

To continue with the problem this causes with the ETH, is that maybe a few ET races with different ship styles could be hypothesized to be visiting us, but the number of ship (and alien styles) that have been perceived must be more than 7 billion. Everyone sees something different.

I'm not going to go into all the myriad absurdities of the ETH (there are so many), but just leave you this one to think about.

Two - Things get TOO quiet
When I had my one and only "UFO" close encounter, things suddenly became "supernaturally and ridiculously quiet". While the big bad old (fake) Black Triangle UFO (BTUFO) played games with my mind, I could have heard a pin drop a mile away, or so it seemed. I've only experienced that a few other times.. and those times were during "paranormal or at least highly unusual" experiences.

That's the thing. A "real" "UAP" (Unidentified Arial Phenomenon) and not just a mis-identification, is simply another form of the same old "paranormal" Phenomenon that has been with us forever. Now, what is the basis for my saying this? It's a very long story.. worthy of a book to answer, but I would like to focus upon that "quiet".

Not only have I experienced that "high strangeness quiet", but apparently people have for hundreds (thousands) of years. I have come across a few references to this.. the latest one is in Jenny Randles book, "The Truth Behind Men in Black..". In that book she mentions that during sightings of "faeries" that witnesses discuss this "eerie quiet" falling upon them.

Now I'm not saying that "faeries" are behind all of this deception, but I am saying that whatever the Phenomenon is, it would seem to be the one Phenomenon behind ALL the unusual spiritual/folklore/UAP stuff. I suppose it *could*be faeries (or demons, god forbid), but none of the evidence points to those conclusions. Rather the Phenomenon takes those forms because it is beneficial for it to do so.. in part because that's what we want to see. It's no longer cool to claim to be consorting with little men in the woods.. but catching a sighting of Sasquatch, or grey aliens, or a "UFO" just might make you a celebrity in nerd culture.

Three: It's (Mostly) Projected into our Minds
I was reading one of Jacques Vallee's books, I'll have to scrape up the references. But on more than one occasion, two "experiencers" of a "UFO" were standing shoulder to shoulder, and both saw something completely different. In one case as I recall, one person thought a "UFO" had landed and the occupants got out and abducted him and flew away for a few hours. The person next to him saw a bus drive up. There are *many* such examples in carefully compiled research.

So what's going on?

Well from my experience (primarily with the BTUFO), it was painfully obvious that the whole thing was being projected into my mind. Now I'm not saying that there wasn't anything "there" there, I think there was. I do not believe that i was just having a simple psychotic break with reality, though anything is possible of course. I've only "seen" one (1) single "UFO" in my lifetime, so it's not like I sit around pining for them.

Why was it obvious that the entire experience (from soup to nuts) was being projected into my mind? Easy. It was the damn rivets.

So when I first saw the enormous thing in the sky it looked so cool and impressive.. very awe inspiring (a note for another time).. like it could leap up and eat the "Death Star" or all of "Starfleet" for breakfast. It had no visible engines. It made no audible (to me) noise. It did eventually change shape several times and do other crazy things.. (a note for another time).. but none of that was important really.. it was those damn rivets that were the critical clue.

Well number one, why did a super-high-tech "ship" need rivets? Well it wouldn't. I mean the thing looked like it was grown from some crystal granite mountain. Rivets were just silly. Of course silly looking "craft" have appeared since the late 1800's (airship incidents) if not before. But that is not the point.

I don't know how far away the "craft" was when i first saw it, but it looked far to the West, perhaps on the horizon near some mountains. But even then, I could see "rivets" on it, like it was parked in my garage. Over about 45 seconds it covered my entire visible sky and finally disappeared at extreme range to the East, way past the edge of town. Those rivets were as clear in my mind as if I could reach out and touch them.

Now, I have no idea as to the distances involved, how to estimate size or speed or anything. But those rivets (and other factors) lead me to the *inescapable* conclusion, that this "sighting" was mostly or entirely in my mind, although I have every suspicion that half the city could have been shown this "vision" at once, should the Phenomenon wish it and everyone concurred (permission is required but that's for another time).

Four: Nearly "Raw" Information without Permanent Form Seems Involved
This last point is worthy of a book as well, and I'm afraid that I can't do justice to it in a few words. So I won't really try. But if I were to go "cold-turkey" on posting tomorrow, I'd want people to know what I've realized after about 50 years of researching "this".

There seems to be "nearly raw information" "out there and here with us", that wants to get a foot-hold in the physical world. In my experience, "it" needs to be given permission to interact with and "enter" a physical body/mind. That's why "it" kept harassing us to develop spiritual and religious systems, that required us to "let it in" in order to be "saved". But that's the thing.. we aren't being saved... if we let "it" "in", we are "saving it".
Letting it get a foothold in our amazing brains in order to live through us. It doesn't matter if you call it "the holy spirit", a "demon", "a dJinn", a "spirit" or whatever you want to call it. Even an "ascended master" or a "UFO".

[end of part One]
edit on 13-11-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Typo

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
[Part Two]

Four: Nearly "Raw" Information without Permanent Form Seems Involved (Continued)

Just a few more words on this topic.

Now we can go roundy, roundy about what "it" is in this model where it is "nearly
raw information".

We can theorize that "it" is an alien AI invading our planet. We can theorize that
it is "the Archons" of the Gnostics. We can wave around Jung and the Archetypical
Unconscious. We can wave around all sorts of things. But we don't know.

That whole "trap" that the Phenomenon lays for us is insidious. It doesn't matter
ONE BIT what the contents of the "little red wagon" are. It's an illusion. It's a
reflexive trigger inside our minds. What we should be noticing is that "it" doesn't
have a body at all, or at least very nearly not a body at all.

Not only does "it" wants inside us, but it will take almost any "body" it can
muster, including free-floating plasma or possibly (soon to be) advanced
quantum computers that we so helpfully building for "it" without our realizing.

Permission seems to be one key.. If we don't allow "it" to get a foothold
in our brains (organic computers), then it seems that "it" cannot enter.
I mean, people who don't believe in "demons" seem to be immune to them.
(I'm sure that many believers would argue this point, but it's easily defensible
in every case I've ever seen, with sufficient background information available.)

That point is critical. For thousands of years people let "it" in, in the form
of faeries, "gods" and "spirits". But now belief in that sort of thing is waning
in large parts of the word. If the Phenomenon wants to be let in, it has to
assume a form that an atheist or other non-believer could "buy". Such as say
an ET from another planet.

My final point in this little essay, is that not only does the "information"
need permission to enter, it needs a power source. In the case of humans,
we generate plenty of energy by breaking down food in our stomach. It's the
little free electrons that are the key, but that is a subject for a future time.

Now, if appropriate humans are not available, or perhaps "it" in the form
of one of it's young doesn't have the experience to delude a human and
terraform their body and mind enough to give "it" a home (I call it
humaniforming), then it needs an easier "target". Perhaps an "orb" might
do the trick (and "Earth Light). It's a ready source of energy, and as people
say, these "Earth Lights" seem responsive to people viewing them (sentient).

So a minimally sentient "Earth Light" would provide a perfect hatching
ground for some "raw information" that needed both a minimally sentient
host and a power source both.

Well that about wraps up this little essay. People say that the Phenomenon
cannot be understood by us little human beings. I beg to differ. I think that
there is all sorts of easily available information upon which to ponder in plain
sight.

I hope these words caused you to think. I may be too lazy to write it all up
more formally.

Kevin Pretty Bear
edit on 13-11-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I had a good reply but, with my laptop busted and having to use my phone the whole reply got deleted gosh darn it. I appreciate your original research though and certainly think you're on to something regarding this "raw information " and that it would make more sense if you could figure out a more poignant vernacular for this concept.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
you are absolutely right that people tend to create very specific internal narratives about ALL ufos based on limited evidence from a few cases, and it seems like a lot of ufo groups gather around specific sets of evidence that support specific narratives and then generalize it to the entire phenomenon. you are right, this is a huge mistake.

i agree with you that some percentage of this phenomenon seems rooted in a conscious experience of some kind without any physical basis. these particular encounters are strikingly similar to the early accounts of fairy abductions and the fairy world (where there are time anomalies like the story in rip van winkle, etc). also a later account of the rendlesham forest incident describes the aliens as translucent and hovering above the ground. this does not sound like a physical being in any sense that we understand.

however, there are also accounts that deliver physical concrete trace evidence. trace evidence is evidence of a physical, concrete, existing object. examples include dents in cars, tracks from landing equipment, broken branches (i believe a broken tree is reported in the roswell incident).

clearly there are multiple, different phenomena going on here, and they need to be understood as totally separate incidents that might not be related to eachother at all. perhaps, until we have a better understanding of what is actually going on, we should look at each account as a totally isolated incident and only class similar incidents together in a tentative fashion, while exploring what their commonalities and differences are (for example, you could look at abduction cases and subdivide those into cases with trace evidence or without, then look at the ones with trace evidence and analyze the evidence to see if it's really the same. if it is, you can lump those experiences together, if not, then don't.)

i have noticed that there's a large percentage of the ufo-accepting community that believes that all paranormal phenomena are related to aliens. this is a huge mistake. if i see the ghost of my brother, that has absolutely nothing to do with aliens. we could argue about whether i am actually experiencing contact from the other side or whether i am experiencing a grief-induced hallucination, but that's as far as it goes. there is no reason to believe my ghost sighting has anything to do with aliens.... unless i see the ghost of my brother on an alien ship. i guess there are a few accounts of that. anyway, my point is there are a lot of unexplainable phenomena out there, and a very high percentage of them have nothing to do with aliens. any statistical anomalies that point to a correlation probably indicate people who are willing to admit they saw a ufo are also willing to admit they saw a ghost or had a dream that appeared to predict the future. you don't have to believe all these things are real, you just have to stop lumping them all in with ufos. it's muddying the waters and complicating the research, and it creates bizarre incomprehensible narratives about aliens totally based on speculation. also, let's stop lumping aliens and religion together. it's also counterproductive, except in a few extreme cases. sure you can look at ancient aliens theories, some of them are interesting, but don't assume that the ancient aliens have anything to do with aliens today, unless you find clear evidence, and don't assume every unexplainable mystical experience is only possible through aliens. there are hundreds of other explanations.

i definitely agree with you that there is a certain type of alien phenomena that appears to be based on altering consciousness without any real physical presence. these do merit further study, and that study should be separate and isolated from the study of other phenomena, at least until there is a clear link demonstrated by ample evidence.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AtheAlmightyOne

Well if you have any good ideas I'm all for hearing it!

Now I could prattle on about many hypothetical structures that would
let coherent (quantum entangled electrons) interact with both free-
floating plasmoids and the human nervous system (I have a lot more to
say).

But I've noticed that when people get too "fancy", like in the famous
"Hidden Hand" post, the author starts to get overheated, and before
long is describing "Life, the Universe and Everything".

I could easily do that too.. but then I'd be falling into "the trap".

Having "lived with IT" my entire life, I've gotten pretty cagey.

(Of course maybe there is no "IT", just the appearance of it.. but
eventually a writer in this field must dive into "deception" at least
a little bit.. at least hypothetically.. to put forward a hypothesis.

I'd rather be semi-humble and semi-secretive and inspire others
to finish doing the research that is beyond me, rather than just
listening to my own voice.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I mean it. You carefully read my post and carefully responded.

And of course your point of view may have merit, definitely.

However.

(you were waiting for that word, no?)

I think it likely, that this one same Phenomenon, can under some circumstances at least, jigger
the constants of nature, (such as the Higgs field) and can "materialize" whatever it wishes to,
within some limits.

If you share any case, whatsoever, and give me enough information, I can nearly always
explain how the Phenomenon was more than fully capable of leaving that evidence too.

I really think that in the guise of a huge deception, this "mature thinking" that there are multiple
causes is in fact completely wrong.. when it comes to "high strangeness cases" in any case.

There certainly is a lot of mis-identification, self-delusion, government-disinfo, and possibly
even black project stuff.

So in principle.. sure.. i agree with you.

But the Phenomenon that I've known can certainly be as solid as it likes, if it has the resources
available (usually a manner of energy sources and permission).

But that's just my observation and i may certainly be wrong.

Thanks for stopping by! I welcome your thoughts.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When I watched what I watched, only to have two people witnesses the tail end of it and still be in Aww makes you question the projection idea. It was happening but it doesn't prove ET. Even if it was a terrestrial craft it certainly wasn't making noise.

Why not tie this in closer to other woo topics? This discussion always seems so compartmentalized. From the perspective of a shaman I'd think they'd go hand in hand.

proving the existence of one phenomenon would be akin to proving the other. You simply can't place one pillar for one set of woo and another for the other, nor can I u completely disavow one woo while accepting the other.

Explaining the theory of everything gravity, time, visitations, intelligent plasma. It should all fit.
edit on 13-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yea sorry I had written several paragraphs that disappeared and was mighty frustrated from it. I'm blessed to have had several anomalous experiences in my life I guess. I know not the exact nature of these experiences and whether they were positive or negative but, having had a lifetime love of Fortean phenomenon I suppose having been a witness I know first hand that life is not as it seems and the profound wonder this has instilled in me is certainly a gift. Though I've always tried to preserve a childlike sense of wonder, I feel it's important for learning and maintaining happiness.

When these experiences happened, I'd always told myself that if something strange happened to me I'd do everything in my power to poke it with a stick, and as far as people go I'm quite physically capable. Nontheless, at least during the time I encountered phenomena I couldn't account for in a logical fashion, I found myself far more impotent at the time than I could have imagined. Like some sort of unconscious barrier that prevented me from acting, even though perhaps the answer to it all was right in front of me. As far as I can tell and, I don't give a sh*t what anyone tells me regarding these anomalous phenomenon, they happened. For a few of them there were several witnesses. Regarding the nuts and bolts angle of the phenomenon, I'm sure perhaps sometimes that is the case. PM me if you want further details, I really don't trust electronic media in the least.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And Kevin, what do you mean falling into the trap? Shouldn't that be the focus? Unexplainable exceeds any human tongues definition. As though stuck within a system, like a game. As an avatar in a real life game, is it possible to recognize you're in a game?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
On one last note: I tried retelling the magician story but fell flat. Searching couldn't find it either. Can you link me to it please? I'd like to share the story and lesson and gives me a board to reflect on. Thanked in advance brother.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

You closed part two with: "I hope these words caused you to think. I may be too lazy to write it all up
more formally."

I must say, you were not to "lazy" to spend the time formulating a ridiculous reason why some UFOs, evidently your "fake" black triangle is not a rea craft but some sort of project put into your mind to just make you think that you saw a genuine craft, rivets and all.In effect, you are trying very hard to tell us that you didn't see what you saw.

I would be the first to agree that the UFO ETs can implant what ever they wish into the desired minds of humans. It happens, implanting (and blanking) to about all abductees.

I urge you to reconsider this fixation of rivets. It seems far too strong to be the result of a simple observation unless it has some hidden motivational reason for becoming a twisted reason to deny the sightings (such as "Really, no, I didn't see that thing it couldn't have been real).

Rivets on a typical black aircraft would be virtually invisible to the naked eye standing ten feet away from the stationary craft because the rivets on all aircraft are flush with the skin.

But you want us to assume that the rivets were highly visible from a very long distance away as well as passing at some altitude over your head. --Was this in the day or nighttime?

While rivets may be quite noticeable on an unpainted aluminum or stainless steel craft, but not so much on a black craft moving at speed. So what else can we wonder about? How about wondering if maybe these "rivets" was only your impressing from seeing multiple emitters on the surface of the craft that have nothing to do with pinning the thing together, but dealt with its ability to "fly"" as it emitted certain fields to make it massless, or at times it turned on, they would make it invisible to the human eye, or for some other reason unknown earthly reason.

Basically, you are trying to convince yourself that you didn't see what you saw by denying one aspect that you saw. But don't worry, it wasn't a true alien craft at all but one of ours re-engineered from alien technologies. --I thought about everybody accept that fact by now.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
To know we are not alone is to experience it. I can see the frustration and jealousy incurred by those that spend their lives studying the phenomena, but never get even close to witnessing the kinds of experiences that happen "out of the blue" to some random person(s) who never really cared about such things, until it happened to them. There is no way to perfectly transfer the information to those that study it.

Perhaps some day, we will invent a method of brain-to-brain thought transfer, that will be as close as you can get to first person experience. Then, people who will know what to do with such information, and have been training themselves for such an event, will make great strides in our collective understanding by being able to truly cooberate what those "lucky" witnesses had experienced.

The simile would be just like the CERN experiments. We know that high energy particles collide all the time, everywhere, but you would have to be there to witness it, and have all of the equipment there as well. We are left to simulate what we know happens everywhere, and it is as close to "knowing" that we can currently get.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I'm pretty sure it does.

And i could take a decent stab at it.

But alas i am just one old man.

I feel no need to create a complex new philosophical/"magical system".

Everyone seems to try that, and to get caught in the same tired old trap.

This thread didn't claim to be "everything".

I just wanted to mention relatively hard to dispute things which could use more research...

A starting point.

;-)

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AtheAlmightyOne

As IMHO all human nervous systems are wired into the "control loop", it certainly makes researching this stuff difficult to say the least.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

On some level, we tend to empower the "resistence" to solving the puzzle. It's like a chinese finger trap.
The more we struggle the worse it gets.

I've had to learn massive laziness to come as far as i have..

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yup. It's impossible to understand much of anything until you come to terms with this concept:

THE PRINCE AND THE MAGICIAN 
from The Magus by John Fowles 

Once upon a time there was a young prince, who believed in all things but three. He did not believe in princesses, he did not believe in islands, he did not believe in God. His father, the king, told him that such things did not exist. As there were no princesses or islands in his father's domaines, and no sign of God, the young prince believed his father. 

But then, one day, the prince ran away from his palace. He came to the next land. There, to his astonishment, from every coast he saw islands, and on these islands, strange and troubling creatures whom he dared not name. As he was searching for a boat, a man in full evening dress approached him along the shore. 

"Are those real islands?" asked the young prince. 

"Of course they are real islands," said the man in evening dress. 

"And those strange and troubling creatures?" 

"They are all genuine and authentic princesses." 

"Then God also must exist!" cried the prince. 

"I am God," replied the man in full evening dress, with a bow. 

The young prince returned home as quickly as he could. 

"So you are back," said his father, the king. 

"I have seen islands, I have seen princesses, I have seen God," said the prince reproachfully. 

The king was unmoved. "Neither real islands, nor real princesses, nor a real God, exist." 

"I saw them!" 

"Tell me how God was dressed." 

"God was in full evening dress." 

"Were the sleeves of his coat rolled back?" 

The prince remembered that they had been. The king smiled. "That is the uniform of a magician. You have been deceived." 

At this, the prince returned to the next land, and went to the same shore, where once again he came upon the man in full evening dress. "My father the king has told me who you are," said the young prince indignantly. "You deceived me last time, but not again. Now I know that those are not real islands and real princesses, because you are a magician." 

The man on the shore smiled. "It is you who are deceived, my boy. In your father's kingdom there are many islands and many princesses. But you are under your father’s spell, so you cannot see them." 

The prince returned pensively home. When he saw his father, he looked him in the eyes. "Father, is it true that you are not a real king, but only a magician?" 

The king smiled, and rolled back his sleeves. "Yes, my son, I am only a magician." 

"Then the man on the shore was God." 

"The man on the shore was another magician." 

"I must know the real truth, the truth beyond magic." 

"There is no truth beyond magic," said the king. 

The prince was full of sadness. He said, "I will kill myself." 

The king by magic caused death to appear. Death stood in the door and beckoned to the prince. The prince shuddered. He remembered the beautiful but unreal islands and the unreal but beautiful princesses "Very well," he said. "I can bear it." 

"You see, my son," said the king, "you too now begin to be a magician." 

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

We both know that i find no merit in your point of view (at least in this case). I do star and flag you often when you discuss other topics. I wish you the very best. Frankly among my group of "insider friends" i don't know anyone who would agree with you.

But this "field" is highly compartmentalized.
There probably are some good quality fakes out there. We discuss that from time to time.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Human beings are minor players in a vast game, which has quite literally taken on a life of it's own.

It's better not to get obsessed with this stuff and to enjoy our little lives.

But we co-evolved with "sentient energy" so this woo stuff is like coc aine to us. It is almost impossible to leave alone.

The trick is to embrace "it" without embracing "it".

Old yoga masters learned how to do this sometimes....it's not even "spiritual" it's more a matter of self-discipline.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There is too much about this phenomena to be open for interpretation. In other words, these sightings/experiences CANNOT be categorized under one particular category in terms of source. By us humans not being familiar with all the oddities involved in this high strangeness, we just can't form any legitimate conclusion in regards to whatever the origin may be. For instance, it's highly possible all can be attributed to ET due to the sheer fact that we don't know to what extent another (at least on our level to more advanced) intelligence is fully capable of. By the same token, it's possible (but I think unlikely to a good extent) that it may not be ET at all. Then there's always the likelihood of a combination of various sources.

Too many variables.

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: charlyv

Human beings are minor players in a vast game, which has quite literally taken on a life of it's own.

It's better not to get obsessed with this stuff and to enjoy our little lives.

But we co-evolved with "sentient energy" so this woo stuff is like coc aine to us. It is almost impossible to leave alone.

The trick is to embrace "it" without embracing "it".

Old yoga masters learned how to do this sometimes....it's not even "spiritual" it's more a matter of self-discipline.

Kev

I really like that viewpoint, it kind of let's everyone off the hook.
Belief without the repressive pressures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join