It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration:Wayback in 2010 someone posted this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dont believe I have ever herd something so well articulated before in my life.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
BUT MAH FREE SOCIAL SECURITY!

I like the premise.
It is but a drop in the bucket and is used to divide a nation.
Realistically, he is right on the money but what is the solution?
We can't support a massive influx.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's amazing, people want an instant fix, they don't want to work for change
Handouts are better and easier

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All very interesting, but there is no such policy in place. Immigrants are not allowed to settle in the US to alleviate foreign poverty. In fact, they are granted permission through having desirable skills, through family connections, or through the asylum system.

Mr Beck must be aware of this (the situation was the same in 2010) so it is hard to avoid the conclusion that he was deliberately misleading his audience. As for why he might want to do that, I'll leave to the imagination.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is that what you herd him say??? Wow.... I must have missed that.
What I took away from that lecture is our policies take the folks with the skills that could make a difference there.....and improve life for everyone........ and bring them here.... which does nothing to alleviate poverty over there.

Guess I was hearing things

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

I like it how he dumbed it down for the Liberals haha

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Is that what you herd him say??? Wow.... I must have missed that.
What I took away from that lecture is our policies take the folks with the skills that could make a difference there.....and improve life for everyone........ and bring them here.... which does nothing to alleviate poverty over there.

Guess I was hearing things

Really? I'd say it was a case of you not hearing things. Such as the very first words heard in the video:

"Some people say that mass immigration into the United States can help reduce world poverty."

Who are these 'some people'? A few clues can be heard, if you listen, throughout the rest of the video.

Here are some, which you may not have heard.

2'45": "What is it that the elites are telling us? They're telling us that when we take these one million immigrants... we're somehow or another tackling world poverty."

4'56": "And next year, you can quite sure that - unless stopped by the American voters - Congress will want to bring in another million immigrants."

5'16": "Don't you see? Immigration can never be an effective or significant way of dealing with the suffering people of the world."

Are the speakers on your computer turned off? Perhaps you should check, because I cannot imagine how else any person with a functioning pair of ears could have missed these remarks.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Firstly.... your original claim is that he said that immigration policy was based on alleviating poverty. He never claimed that was Americas policy...... and instead admitting he never said that..... you went off on a tangent...... not surprising.
Only a liberal education can read, Some people think....... and see, USA public policy is...well cause thats how you guys work

edit on 14-11-2016 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
a reply to: audubon

Firstly.... your original claim is that he said that immigration policy was based on alleviating poverty. He never claimed that was Americas policy...... and instead admitting he never said that..... you went off on a tangent

If you look back, you'll see that I didn't make the claim that you are attributing to me.

(Two can play at this game, pal).

What Beck did in that video was allow his audience to think that's what he was saying, by making references to the IMF, the World Bank, Congress, and the 'elites' (whoever they are). In actual fact, no-one with any influence is making the claim that he is pretending to debunk.

His entire argument is a giant straw man. And you fell for it. Congratulations.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You have a very open mind..... it should be closed for repairs.

Here is a quote from you .. All very interesting, but there is no such policy in place. Immigrants are not allowed to settle in the US to alleviate foreign poverty.

So, first you say that this fella claimed that Americas immigration policy is based on poverty...... then you say you never said it.
No real point in us continuing this...better to agree to disagree.
or as I used to tell my ex wife..... whom i am starting wonder if you are her
Your right, I am wrong... now would you please close your yap
edit on 14-11-2016 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's not complicated. People that want change and are able to enact changes are leaving their country instead of staying there and helping it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

OK then, if Beck is debunking a claim that no-one has actually made and has no relevance to any immigration policy, why do you find this video significant in any way at all?

Isn't it just the deluded ramblings of a crank?

top topics

join