It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump said he plans to immediately deport 2 to 3 million criminal undocumented immigrants.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I take it that you read headlines and social media, and did not actually listen to his speeches and read his policies on his web site?

Nothing he has done so far is counter to his promises.
He always said that pre-existing conditions could be handled with some kind of HSA catastrophic plan. He never said he would remove that.
The main problems with Obamacare he is still saying he will resolve. Such as mandates, fines, requiring people to have specific plans.
He always said repeal and replace. Not just eliminate.

It would be political suicide to say right now that Hillary is going to jail.
Her supporters need to calm down first.
His best way with that is to select a good person to head the DOJ, then let justice take its course with him staying out of it.
Then, she will be in jail.

Patience young jedi

It has only been a few days.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This sounds like a good start.

I think that if they secure the border and send illegal immigrants who have committed other crimes back to their home country, that would be a good start.

I get the impression from different sources that the next step would be some kind of compromise for the remaining illegals.
Not a full amnesty, but rather process people who are here illegally through the normal vetting and immigration process.
If they pass and follow the rules, then they can become legal.
If not, they have to leave.

This would work if the borders are secure.
Full amnesty with insecure borders would just result in a flood of others coming to take advantage of the amnesty.

I agree, a great start. Get them scumbags who are mostly gang members and drug dealers out of here first. I also think he's going to work something out with the preexisting illegals. Like, give them a certain period of time to get on the path to be legal, start your paperwork and I also remember him saying paying back taxes. So that if they don't get the ball rolling to being legal, they will be deported. It puts the ball in their court. If they don't do anything by that point, they just want to benefit from our system illegally. These things with beefing up the border security and the illegal immigration issue will be on its way to being resolved.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes.” “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

So exactly what the Obama administration has already been doing? Remember when Trump said this at the Oct 19 debate?

"President Obama has moved millions of people out. Nobody knows about it. Nobody talks about it. But under Obama, millions of people have been moved out of this country. They've been deported,"

Under the Obama administration, millions of people have been deported. The focus has been on criminals. The Obama administration did expand both border patrol and ICE.

If he just said "we're going to keep doing what Obama has been doing" it wouldn't impress his base of course so it has to be stated in a way that sounds like it's radically different because the obvious insinuation is that this is something that will happen in days or even weeks. It doesn't just spin you up though — it makes people think of the "deportation force" going from house to house, ripping men, women and children from homes and dragging them off to a paddy wagon to be transported to overcrowded camps where people are living in horrible conditions and families are torn apart.

This is a misstep that is only going to fuel protests, particularly on the West Coast.

The truth of the matter is that when you deport people, there's a legal process and it takes time, it takes immigration agents, judges, courts, etc. Detaining people requires resources. All of this costs money. The more you do in parallel, the more money it will cost up front. The money will have to be allocated in the budget. etc etc.

Hopefully our President-elect starts to confine his rhetoric to the realities of civics sooner than later.
edit on 2016-11-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Obama has had 8 years to get to millions, Trump want to get to millions IMMEDIATELY .

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: eisegesis

That stonewalling will stop if Trump puts Sheriff Clarke as Homeland Security Secretary.
He will make sure that ICE can do its job.

I'd like to see Clark as HSS, but then we will lose him as our sheriff in Milwaukee.

But for the common good of trying to clean up this mess I think he's the man for the job. Just hate to lose him as Milwaukee is already a place I try to avoid and I fear it will only get worse without Clark's common sense at the helm.
edit on 13-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Cool. Now about that wall...

We don't need a wall, we need a 5 ft. fence with signs that read...

***WARNING - IF YOU CROSS THIS FENCE YOU WILL BE SHOT ON SITE***

Of course we'll probably have to shoot a few and throw them back over the fence before they get the freaking message, but it would create permanent jobs and save us (or Mexico) a ton of money that we could then use to constantly scan the border for tunnels.

The only amnesty we should even be considering is for those who were brought here as children and are now productive adults. The rest can go home and make their country a better place or get in line to come here legally.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Obama was called the deporter in chief, which he vehemently denied because, after all, ICE was just doing their jobs effectively. It wasn't Obama's policy. That all changed when election season started. They he tied the hands of ICE and did everything possible to prevent them from doing their jobs and letting in as many illegals as possible and supporting sanctuary cities. Trump will let ICE get back to their jobs and make them stronger, which is his policy.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have always said that if our government really wanted to stop illegals on our southern border they would just apply the same security protocol they have around Area 51 , i mean thats miles of fence right?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Obama has had 8 years to get to millions, Trump want to get to millions IMMEDIATELY .

It doesn't work like that. I'm trying to explain to you that "immediately" in as much as it could be deemed a timeframe, is an untenable one.

There's a thing called due process. It takes time. The only way to speed it up is to throw more resources at it. That will require large sums of money that will need to be allocated by Congress. Expansion doesn't happen overnight. There's nothing "immediate" about it, if for no other reason than logistics.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I keep saying civil forfeiture laws would be the most effective means of getting people to leave voluntarily.
Sure beats trying to chase them all down.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wait, when Obama said he just wanted to deport illegals who were criminals you guys attacked him to no end, but now that Trump says the same thing it's fine?

What a bunch of freakin' hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Deportation of the illegals in our prisons would make a lot of space for American violent criminals.

No more revolving door for violent trash.

Maybe the elderly will finally be able to walk around their own neighborhoods without being raped,robbed,and murdered by "you know who."

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I still like my idea of giving working and contributing illegals immediate permits and then allow them to gain permanent citizenship. Work permits for those who dont want perm citizenship. Definitely amnesty for children.. obviously those juveniles who have been taken in and sheltered by several gangs, namely MS-13. The families involved in the gang "sponsored" kids from Mexico.. so they are inextricably linked to adult illegals who are more likely than not criminal. Has to be a safety net for this. These kids are the most at risk in our country as well as their own. Prevention of an adult criminal should be our focus there. Benefits neither of our countries if we dont. I think we can work WITH Mexico on the juvenile illegal issue.

If Cali wants to be a sanctuary state.. too bad. I dont think we should be moved from federal law just by the threat of riots and etc if they dont get their way. Protest all you want..

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpLateWakingUp
I have always said that if our government really wanted to stop illegals on our southern border they would just apply the same security protocol they have around Area 51 , i mean thats miles of fence right?

It's a lot more than just fence, ask around the Area 51 forum. We could implement the same tech used, but with that much border and land on either side, it's a sure bet some spectacular tunnels will spring up & completely circumvent it.

IMO, what we need to do is to put our military to use on the border when they're not deployed. This might not sit well with other posters, and may seem like it doesn't jive with my Libertarian political points of view, but in all reality, we need the military patrolling it if we're going to patrol it at all. They have the field experience needed to do the job more effectively than ICE does.

Also, in light of Trump now being ok with portions of it just fenced, sufficient physical patrol numbers are even more imperative if we expect to keep boomerang illegals numbers to a dull roar.

Just my opinion.
edit on 11/13/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Because almost everything that comes out of obama's mouth is a lie.

If he isn't blaming whites/Christians for the choices of "minorities" -then you know he isn't being honest.

So nice to see that traitorous coward having to hand power over to Mr. Trump.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
After Trump is critical of generals talking about attacks that would be made in war instead of keeping it secret, we have Trump saying this. It gives people time to get fake papers, hide, etc. He should have just started the effort one day.

Maybe in the long run it won't matter, especially if the person has been through the criminal justice system.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
He really should compromise. Send those out that have serious criminal records (not like jaywalking or smoking pot), and do proper visa paperwork for the rest. Lots of good folks are here just working and minding their own business. Get on businesses to follow the law.

Announcing a draconian measure that really didnt need to be announced at all just adds to the current state of hysteria. Bad move imo.
edit on 13-11-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

There wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers for that job.

Shoot on sight should have been our border policy from the beginning.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Darn time, before the criminals keep killing innocent people and poising the young, with their over the border drugs cartel, nick picking and wasting tax payers dollars on unnecessary pampering of criminals should be unconstitutional, then they need to go after those in this side of the border that have links with the criminals too.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wait, when Obama said he just wanted to deport illegals who were criminals you guys attacked him to no end, but now that Trump says the same thing it's fine?

What a bunch of freakin' hypocrites.

Huh? Nobody was attacking him as that's what he should have been doing all along - upholding the laws already in place.

If anybody's a hypocrite it's Obama for turning his head to sanctuary cities that empower illegals to be able to remain in the country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join