It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Kansas, Kobach, Trump's Wall and the Future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That's not true. He did not win the popular vote.

You aren't making any sense.

She won the popular vote, so what? Statistically, the partisan vote was almost 50/50, so how exactly does that make Hillary more popular? Almost an equal number of voters did not vote for her and the other half of America voted for neither. To be using the popular vote as some dipstick to check the "real" will of the people is ridiculous.

I'm willing to give Trump a chance, but with them all still gnashing their teeth and spitting and saying neener neener neener and ha ha! and all that juvenile bullslit, it's hard to want to keep thinking that way.

That also doesn't make sense. You are "willing to give Trump a chance, but with them all still..." Who are "them" and why exactly do "they" have anything to do with the way you judge a president elect who has so far done nothing? That's like me saying, "I can't give Hillary a chance because her supporters are crazy." It's a completely illogical way to judge someone, especially a person we should be trying to support until their actions give us a reason to do otherwise.

There are always going to be sore winners and losers and I'm sorry that they affect you so severely. Some were saying how hard it was going to be, having to explain a Trump presidency to their young daughters, yet is the response to the result of the election by Trump's "opponents" any better of an example for our children to be witnessing? So much for a peaceful transition of power. I guess that only works when certain "individuals" feel as though they have received what they were expecting. You should learn to prepare for what you don't expect and deal with it. Life goes on...

edit on 13-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'm glad Dorothy is dead now and doesn't see all of this. And Toto, too.

Delusional SMH

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Yes, I am making perfect sense.

Hillary had more votes. It's the electoral college that went to Trump. Same as Bush and Gore. Remember that?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'm glad Dorothy is dead now and doesn't see all of this. And Toto, too.

Delusional SMH

You logged in just to make this utterly useless remark? Yes, the Wizard of Oz was fiction. Dorothy did not truly exist. Neither did her little dog, too.

If you don't see why that metaphor is appropriate, I don't know what to tell you.
But I will say that now when I drive to Denver to see my daughter and her beau I will be travelling through HOSTILE TERRITORY. I already knew that, but now it'll be even more unsafe.

I'll know to keep my mouth shut, and use drive-thrus and pay-at-the-pump fuel and food stops. No one will be ugly to me if I just don't talk about my own views. You might want to consider that for your next travels.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I can't help myself.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

There are always going to be sore winners and losers and I'm sorry that they affect you so severely. Some were saying how hard it was going to be, having to explain a Trump presidency to their young daughters, yet is the response to the result of the election by Trump's "opponents" any better of an example for our children to be witnessing? So much for peaceful transition of power. I guess that only works when certain "individuals" feel as though they have received what they were expecting. You should learn to prepare for what you don't expect and deal with it. Life goes on...

Unfortunately, Trump has the support of about 25% of the country, Hillary about 25%, and 50% that apparently don't GAF. With Trump winning the election, and in fact, even during the campaign, he has given a voice to many that society would not accept before. The racists, sexists, etc, etc all feel like they now have the right to state their ideas without consequence. The protests I have no problem with, the violence I do, it should not be happening. I do not see good things happening in this country during the next four years, I hope I am wrong.
edit on 11/13/2016 by BubbaJoe because: stuff didn't work right

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Trump won popular vote

70news.wordpress.com... hange-org-scrap-your-loony-petition-now/

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zngland
Trump won popular vote

This is the kind of crap that Buzzy has been talking about, you pull a headline from one anti liberal opinion piece and claim it as fact. All other media sources are reporting that Clinton won the popular vote, and that margin is expected to increase.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Trump one, give him a chance.

A chance to do what? Change? He's 70 years old, he's not going to change. He still going to be the obnoxious self entitle vengeful bully that he's always been.

Give him a chance to do what? Carry out his campaign promises to deport legal Syrian refugees back to Syria on DAY ONE? To appoint justices to over throw Roe V Wade. To ban Muslims visitors and immigrants from US entry? Round up undocumented Hispanics? Stop and Frisk all people of color in inner cities?

Give him a chance to "Drain the Swamp"? While you were watching and approving, he stocked it!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

he has given a voice to many that society would not accept before.

He has given or have they bestowed? I believe it's the latter over the former. Should their votes not have counted? Hillary and our current "leader" are getting a kick out of watching all this happen and since some people are so good at pointing the finger around here, what does that make them? Enablers of the very same behavior that they denounce?

People need to understand, these destructive movements are being funded by a higher power and nobody currently in the position to do anything about it gives a damn. It's all fun and games until someone loses a life or has their livelihood destroyed by a bunch of thugs and animals. These protests will achieve nothing except further the divide that Clinton supports are claiming Trump is somehow responsible for.

edit on 13-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a matter of time that is all .
kleenex on me

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why does the Electoral College process not sink in with you libs? It is there for a damn good reason.There are many threads on ATS about it.Please go read them.Deny Ignorance indeed.Or is it just plain stupidity. /rant

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The Kansas economy ranks 46th in the nation among all states and the District of Columbia, according to a March report.

State Policy Reports, a Washington, D.C.-based publication that tracks state policies, ranked Kansas near the bottom of the nation in its Index of State Economic Momentum, which rates states base on personal income growth, employment growth and population growth.

Kansas was one spot above neighboring Oklahoma, which was ranked 47th, and a few spots below Nebraska, which was ranked 42nd.

Report: Kansas economy ranks 46th in nation

Oh. I stand corrected. 46th worst. Right down there with Oklahoma, Nebraska,

Utah was ranked first, according the report, followed by California.

The only state bordering Kansas that wasn’t in the bottom half of the rankings was Colorado, which ranked ninth, according to the report. Missouri was ranked 36th.

edit on 11/13/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

he has given a voice to many that society would not accept before.

He has given or have they bestowed? I believe it's the latter over the former. Should their votes not have counted? We need to lead by example and currently, Hillary and Obama are getting a kick out of watching all this happen. Since some people are so good at pointing the finger around here, what does that make them?

As others have said, these destructive movements are being funded by a higher power and nobody currently in the position to do anything about it gives a damn. It's all fun and games until someone loses a life or has their livelihood destroyed by a bunch of thugs and animals. These protests will achieve nothing.

I agree that more needs to be done by our "Leaders". Everyone throws around the info that Soros is funding this, but conveniently forget about all of the money thrown to conservative causes by the Koch Brothers. I do not like the big money behind either side due to the amount of lies both directions that are spewed by the talking heads, and believed by so many.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

And that anti-liberal crap mostly is read/watched/heard on sources all echoing the same extremist far right nonsensical propaganda that has its roots in the John Birch Society nonsense from the 1950s. It almost died out but was given money from the Koch Bros (etal extremist far right reactionaries) to spread the propaganda and political power by the GOP in order to continue to turn out an angry white voting base.

This propaganda is seen all the time on ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Why does the Electoral College process not sink in with you libs? It is there for a damn good reason.There are many threads on ATS about it.Please go read them.Deny Ignorance indeed.Or is it just plain stupidity. /rant

No - it's ignorance. On your part.

The Electoral College exists because the powers want to be able to say, "Thanks for comin' everybody, we win!"

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Zngland
Trump won popular vote

All other media sources are reporting that Clinton won the popular vote, and that margin is expected to increase.

Just like all media had Hillary WAY ahead and the election was in the bag?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Magazines and newspapers always mock up two front pages, because they DON'T know who is going to win, and they're going to need ASAP.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Just like all media had Hillary WAY ahead and the election was in the bag?

I, like many others, was totally surprised by the outcome of the election, but to take something from one alt-right op-ed and claim it as fact is ludicrous. Unfortunately here on ATS we see this crap all of the time. Trust me, I will call out the other side just as quickly. Both far right and far left forget that about 70% of us live in the middle, and don't just accept random BS as facts.
edit on 11/13/2016 by BubbaJoe because: fingers not working

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's just going to be business as usual. He'll just finish what the Bush Administration and the Obama Administration started with the Patriot Act and NDAA. "Build a wall". Yeah. Prisons have walls. Why not have check points on all major roadways with cops or soldiers (not that there's a difference anymore) checking papers like in Nazi Germany? All it would take it a "terrorist" attack and panicking people and it could happen. "There need to be more laws to protect us!" That's how it starts. If anyone complains, the camps are that way. Can't happen? Ask any Japanese citizen who was in America during world war 2.
At any rate, this left vs. right crap is just an illusion. People need to wake up.

It all leads to the same place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join