It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sissy America!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Its all good brother(I wasn't upset about it anyway), I'll have alphabetaone call off the blanket party!

LOL whew! Just in the nick of time!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Its all good brother(I wasn't upset about it anyway), I'll have alphabetaone call off the blanket party!

I have no idea what a blanket party is...Is that an american thing?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

it's a military thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A violent group attack on an unpopular GI. Usually done in the middle of the night, in a barracks situation, the victim’s head and body is covered with a blanket (preventing him/her from fighting back or identifying assailants). Occasionally these attacks are used to bring a barracks bully into line

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

One of the keys to them is not to leave visible marks of abuse. Historically done (in the old days) by wrapping a hard bar of soap in a towel and using it like a truncheon.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
F*ck...I was almost in my own personal version of A Few Good Men!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

You came ..... |===========THAT=========| close hahaha

All good my man.
edit on 14-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

All good my man.

It might amuse you to know that I assumed you were calling me a sissy or something similar and equating a blanket party to a little girls sleepover. I wonder if I could have been any more wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All good my man.

It might amuse you to know that I assumed you were calling me a sissy or something similar and equating a blanket party to a little girls sleepover. I wonder if I could have been any more wrong.

hahaha no no, I leave "little girl" disparaging remarks for the men who fought alongside me....yea, that's me a motivational speaker.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Actually, we've seen these retards attacking people who they thought looked like the type of a person who would support Trump. If it weren't so damn funny, It'd be pathetic

I'm just waiting for one of their targets to be carrying. That will be interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I know I'll be Trump's harshest critic.

We've seen it all too often that those who support a candidate defend even the most reprehensible aspects of that candidate.

If Trump sucks, then I will claim responsibility because I voted for him.

I won't blame Bush (like Obama and his supporters) I won't blame Obama or Clinton or the whiny weasels that riot and cause harm.

No...I will be Trump's biggest critic if he fails, mostly because he will have embarrassed me. And I too will not blame anyone but the President, as I have for 8 years now. But...I will not consider turning back or changing a single of my views. Instead, I will continue the same course and maybe even select someone more hardcore next time.

I know that path is correct. I hope the trail blazer is also. We shall see.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think that if you want to stop this nonsense at unversities then it has to start at the top and get rid of the idiots who allow it / call for it to happen.

I'm talking about the "gender studies" "professors" etc who are normalising this kind of behaviour - I'll link yet again to a video below of ex-KGB subverter Yuri Bezmenov (I seem to be linking to it a lot, but that video was shot 20 or so years ago and he was bang on - a generation later and we have this nonsense going on, just as he described - it's frightening because almost all posts here on politics, gender, racism, etc ALL just make me think of it).

Anyway I think that what these "professors" etc are doing is initiating a shift in perception related to stereotypes.

A study was done in the US by I think Margaret Shin (could have the surname wrong, I forget), but basically they got a load of female American-Asians together and split them into 2 groups.

[they chose American-Asians because they have a "sterotype" of being very good at math and science, since they are statistically way over-represented at colleges etc]

The first half they primed by asking them questions related to gender (so that they were thinking of their stereotype of being female, since females are under-represented in science and math).

The other half they primed by asking them questions of culture so that they primed them to be thinking of themselves in terms of their American-Asian stereotype.

Then they gave both sets the same math test.

Result - the ones primed to think about being female scored significantly less than those primed to think of themselves as American-Asian.

So in other words stereotyping works in 2 ways.

If you tell someone they are a downtrodden, bullied, victimised woman/black person/gay person/ etc - then they will actually conform to that stereotype not just in terms of behaviour, but also in terms of ability.

So these idiots are doing no one any favours by adopting this approach, they are telling these women etc that they are doomed to fail in life, and this will lead them to fail in life.

Anyway - video below:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrselfdestructr
Yet you can say something bad about trump and the other side gets pissed. We shouldn't act like this doesn't go both ways. Plus now that trump won we are believing in the media hype all of a sudden. You know they are just showing this # to get views.

About 1/3 of the U.S. voted about 1/6 voted Hillary. A small percantage of that 1/6 maybe like 3000 people at most are rioting. Stop labeling everyone on the left for a select few.

And for the 2/3 you say didn't vote, they have no right to complain.

The 1st Amendment says otherwise.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

But everyone copes with things differently. Isn't only because of our stereotypeing culture that you consider them pansies? It is not like they are going out and hurting people. Before you say yes they are. I know there have been a few cases of that but less then 50 ppl involved. My point is you call them special snowflakes for copeing in their way but that term can be put on anyone based on their believes.

What does it matter what they do? Why do you care so much about their lives? Why does it matter how they cope? Do you want to go help them? Saying you want to smack sense into them because you are emotional? How are you any different? Enacting violence because you feel uncomfotable. Doesn't that mean you are now a special snowflake?

Best post in the thread!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh but you are a veteran, so i guessyou get automatic respect! (/sarc)
Zzzzzzz....

Blanket parties for those refusing to remain the entire time in the gashouse during bootcamp were instituted precisely for people like you.

Yeah, read your sentence twice and still don't get it. I assume you are insulting me, so, carry on.

This is a "blanket party"

And when I was in Basic Training we had a yahoo who was as bad as Pyle in FMJ, but no one beat him in the middle of the night. That # doesn't happen anymore, and if it did those soldier would get in a TON of trouble for doing it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yet you can say something bad about trump and the other side gets pissed. We shouldn't act like this doesn't go both ways. Plus now that trump won we are believing in the media hype all of a sudden. You know they are just showing this # to get views.

About 1/3 of the U.S. voted about 1/6 voted Hillary. A small percantage of that 1/6 maybe like 3000 people at most are rioting. Stop labeling everyone on the left for a select few.

And for the 2/3 you say didn't vote, they have no right to complain.

The 1st Amendment says otherwise.

Yea, they can talk about it until their blue in the face but they have no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This video sums up my answer perfectly. I would vote for this guy...

edit on 17-11-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

True, but they still have the right to complain regardless if they participated in the election or not. It's one of the things that makes our country one of the best actually. The ability to question the government regardless of your personal circumstances.

Anyone with common sense will easily see that these protests are going to go nowhere. Just let them blow off their steam. They'll eventually come to terms with things and move on with their lives.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join