It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 Quake Just hit New Zealand

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I think those might be transformers blowing - you can see the power fail at about the same time...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

No! No it was not caused by the moon getting too close. Do you know how many "super moons" we have each year? Let me give you a hint, many more than major earthquakes which were coincidental with them. They do not cause earthquakes.

Ken Ring (the main proponent) of this, is a fraud, a dangerous fraud.

Oh and I'm in New Zealand, in the Capital, which has been hit reasonably hard. I'm also a scientist.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Tidal forces do play with the crust.

July 19, 2016 www.livescience.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain

I don't believe that they were transformers, but that they were earthquake lights.

They were seen, by someone in the following video, in Sebastopol, 40 miles from the epicenter.

Here is another video showing flashing lights in the sky, during the South Napa Quake, in Santa Rosa, also about 40 miles away.

While I did not see them, I know people who did and they did not believe the blue lights were transformers blowing.

EQL have been seen during many other earthquakes, don't know if the lights during the NZ earthquake was a result of this phenomenon, but I wouldn't be surprised.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TucsonOne

Yeah nah! The statistics do not stack up.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ok so I was awake when it hit, I was going over my head about what I had to do in the lab when I got to work .... I live in the Eastbourne area (Days Bay to be exact) of the Wellington Region. It was the largest Earthquake I've ever felt. I felt the 7.1 in 2010 which started the Christchurch series of quakes (I was in Dunedin then). Needless to say, I got my wife, pets, and myself up the top of the hills in case of Tsunami. Thankfully no major waves, though I saw pictures from Lyall Bay (it sort of faces the direction of the earthquake) .... it was nuts.

What is/was also nuts was yesterday. We had so much rain, the rivers started overflowing. The gusts of winds (up to 140 km per hour) also made the CBD of Wellington a dangerous place to be.

So we've had earth, wind, water, now I am waiting on fire for the full set of classical elements

I know this is a conspiracy site. But can we hold off on the Supermoon #e? It is scientifically unsound. Ken Ring is a fraud.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Didn't read my link did we.

Nicholas van der elst used 81,000 catalogued points of
Data in a 7 year period.

Glad the results were used with real data.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TucsonOne

Yes I did. I am a scientist. I work right beside the government agency which deals with earthquakes. I've talked with the scientists there, and they do not have any evidence that earthquakes are triggered by the moon. Their word, and data is good enough for me.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

edit on 15-11-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Holy cow:

I guess they'll have to build a ramp up to get em... Or airlift by chopper?

Sorry I haven't checked to see if anyone already posted an update but here is some good news about the cows.

Earthquake: More cows stranded on an outcrop of land after three saved

I'm a dual citizen (New Zealand/US) living in New Zealand and I'm convinced that this earthquake as with the February 2011 earthquake was man made or at least man tweaked.

World’s Biggest Seismic Testing “Blast” Ship – Amazon Warrior – Parked on top of New Zealand Fault Line

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

They dug a Trench up to the plateau and the cows came down, safe now down on another farm.
* as per the post above that I didn't see before replying.
edit on 1100000032332316 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

you may be correct, but they still look like transformers to me - bluish/greenish and extremely bright. I'm not saying EQ lights don't exist, just that these look like transformers.

Here's an example...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain
They didn't look anything like that, the lights were behind the clouds.
Even if they were a fair distance away, the Power company has not mentioned that transformers blew during the quake, they have trip fuses that cut the power if there is a problem. We had power back on within 1.5 hours, so they can't have blown up.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

From ground level and with a little cloud cover cover I think it's a pretty good match.

Looks to me like the lights are being reflected off the bottom of the clouds from a semi distant location rather than from behind. All of the videos show the lights on the horizon and never overhead which would give a better perspective as to where the light is originating from and how it moves.

There doesn't need to be an explosion either - the lines could be sparking or arcing as a result of breakers being blown and the surge having nowhere to go. It also doesn't have to take a long time to fix - automatic resetting breakers and rerouting the power from central control to isolate the sections that need a crew for physical damage. You'll notice the lights stay on in the Texas video I posted above and there are no explosions.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
If you look at the RSOE alert map and zoom in to New Zealand, the entire coastline north of Christchurch is lit up like a christmas tree with earthquake hits.

Something has woken up !

yep the Ring of Fire is waking up. If it does, all hell will be unleashed.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: slidingdoor

The East coast around, mostly north of Kaikoura, lifted up out of the sea by up to 6metres (18ft) by hundreds of km long displacing all the watetr that previously was on top of it.
The tsunami was small, along he south island east coast, about 1 metre (3 ft)
edit on 1100000033133116 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It never went to sleep. We have been hammered every year since 2003 except 2012 with quite big quakes

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzy
a reply to: JesusXst

It never went to sleep. We have been hammered every year since 2003 except 2012 with quite big quakes

Yeah I know. My worry is for the next big SHTF moment. It's going to be unparamount to anything we've seen imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join