It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 Quake Just hit New Zealand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
[
Watching that clip in the link sent me chills... Its nighttime, you have this crazy siren going off, you're disheveled due to a large EQ and now there's a possible giant wave coming at you...... I live on the west coast (seattle) and this is my biggest fear for sure....

I feel for you but can't imagine how scary that must be. Scotland doesn't get much seismic activity.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkfunnyguy
They getting a lot of aftershock 6.2, 5.2, 5.1 in the last hour a so.

That's good. Saves another build up of energy waiting to be released in the one big go.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Seems you were correct, geonet updated it to 7.5 overnight.

The damage reports are coming in now.
Tsunami warnings have been downgraded by civil defense to marine and beach threats and the prime minister has confirmed two deaths so far. RIP
edit on 13-11-2016 by dslayer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Havent posted on ATS for about 2 years lol, but given the event and this thread thought I might as well.

Was up on the PC playing a game online around the time it reached here in the Waikato around 12:03ish pm (im in a small town about 20 minutes south of Hamilton), thought I was starting to having a nasty dizzy spell again (had a bad case of what i think was vertigo for about 3 days a few months back) and went and lay down on the bed thinking 'oh hell not this again' but it just got worse which had me really worried. About 30 seconds latter my brother came into my room and asked if I could feel the shaking... which was oddly a relief for me.

But yeah, was unpleasant to experience to say the least (first proper shake ive ever felt in my life), lasted about 8 minutes and it was like you were standing on a boat with a decent swell going on and like some people have said around the place it was like a slow but strong rotating motion, lights swung a good inch and a half either way, nothing fell off shelves or any thing thankfully. None of the cats except for our youngest was even aware of it, and he ran outside under the house more than likely because of everyone suddenly getting up and having loud conversation lol.

So thats what it was like for me, and we are around 400kms from the epicenter.
edit on 13-11-2016 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Oh, I don't think anything seriously bad has happened to them, but it's like you aren't going to hear from your relatives during a tornado warning when they're in the basement. Odds that their specific house has been sucked up are very, very low, but that doesn't stop you from worrying until you know for sure.

But they are relatively close to the coast, and they may have gotten some damage on and around their property because they are in that area.

As per update from our kiwi friend:

"We had a good shake last night and it lasted for a good long time (30-45 seconds likely) no damage that we can see to the house and all in all the rebuild here in CHC has been done well, so no major issues. we have a highway north of us that got closed down. We seem to be doing fine today. Probably a good day for me to not have to go into work. I like my 4 day work week"

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That was fair dinkum of a shake!

Any thouhts on this?

www.stuff.co.nz...

Quite fascinating really.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Does it have to do with this?
climate.nasa.gov...#/3/7

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

a reply to: tigertatzen

Huh, I just got done looking at it. It does look like lightning, but if there was no storm in the area, then what else would have caused it?

I've tried a dozen times and each time it throws an error. I'd screenshot it but the error only stays on the screen for a second before it just defaults to my feed. I guess there will be no watching earthquake lights for me. Le sigh.

Oh well I don't believe it was quake lights. Looked like regular lightning to me

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenkinswasher
Does it have to do with this?
climate.nasa.gov...#/3/7

Doubtful, earthquakes are a geological event, whereas weather is meteorological

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So is there still any doubt about the moon and it's correlation to earth quakes? Super moon and all...

Seems all the tidal forces from our entire solar system plays some roll in one form or another.

It's really fascinating.

Playing amateur geologist....

Maybe they won't ever admit it if there is a correlation, because the implications might be more revealing than what they would ever have us know.

...like, it might be indicative of something beyond our wildest dreams....the elements of the earth are ordered according to a delicate balance between centripetal and centrifugal forces, which are disrupted by a supermoon's gravitational pull.

IOW...maybe there is some significant hollow space deep in the earth.

Perhaps the earth's core does not contain the densest and heaviest molten elements...maybe the densest and heaviest elements are in the center of the earth's crust....and the core is actually light?

We are told the effect of centripetal force is minimal on the earth's ordering of elements...but I always thought it interesting that Edward Halley, a great mind, once theorized the earth was hollow based on the mass and gravitational pull of the moon.

He based that theory on Isaac Newton's mathematical estimate of the moon's mass, IIRC. But, I believe that after Halley determined the earth is hollow based on his calculations, Newton changed his calculations.

*sets my tinfoil hat a-tingling*

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Another earthquake just hit New Zealand. 6.5 Mag. 10 km depth. earthquake.usgs.gov...
38km WSW of Kaikoura

edit on 13-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Holy cow:

I guess they'll have to build a ramp up to get em... Or airlift by chopper?
edit on Mon Nov 14th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: tigertatzen

a reply to: tigertatzen

Huh, I just got done looking at it. It does look like lightning, but if there was no storm in the area, then what else would have caused it?

I've tried a dozen times and each time it throws an error. I'd screenshot it but the error only stays on the screen for a second before it just defaults to my feed. I guess there will be no watching earthquake lights for me. Le sigh.

Oh well I don't believe it was quake lights. Looked like regular lightning to me

Yeah, me too. It was pretty though, different colors and everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Frankie Mcdonald predicts earthquake on 10/21/16

I even got the date right for you guys

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

That's called hedging his bets...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I looked after I posted the link to the video of the lights and there was no thunderstorms forecast on the night of the quake. There was the following morning though.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Over the years, there has been much discussion on ATS and elsewhere about certain phenomena that occur shortly before a large earthquake. These phenomena have been touched on a lot by Skeptic0bserver in his daily forecast videos as well as by others. Even NASA/NOAA have started publishing some evidence of an electric Sun-Earth link that could allow one to forecast earthquakes by looking at solar activity.

Anyways, one of the really interesting phenomena that has been discussed is strange lights in the sky. Iridescent clouds, weird lights, etc showing up in the skies overhead shortly before or during an earthquake. And during the New Zealand quake, someone caught video of blue, green, and white lights flashing in the sky like lightning.

Video in Link
Mysterious green and blue flashes appeared as New Zealand earthquake struck

Wanted to share and add to the small but growing pile of evidence for such phenomena.

edit on 14-11-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: fixed URL / text edits

edit on 14-11-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: added image

ETA: Also wondering about the Super Moon and whether the increased tidal pull had anything to do with the triggering of this and other quakes in the last few days.

edit on 14-11-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

It's an interesting phenomenon. We had the flashing blue lights during the 2014 South Napa Quake; the wine train surveillance cameras caught them.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Was a quiet night or should I say still.
Nothing over M5
Pouring with rain now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join