It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we hate social justice?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just a general question...

Personally I think social justice is a good thing, I'd like fair and equal representation concerning law. I'd like equal pay for equal labor, I'd like to know I have the same rights as that guy.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Because sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I'm a firm believer in self-defense but that doesn't answer my question.

I think SJW's is a poorly coined phrase and overly used. I'm on about social justice.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I believe the reason to be because we can't exactly pinpoint what exactly it is. Everyone has their own idea on the meaning although it does have a definition. Fair and equal do not mean the same thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The better question is do you think true altruism exists. Even if it counts as human. Because I assume a human is making the argument so is also inclusive of the beneficiary group humans. At what point do you sacrifice yourself for them. Yea social justice is good. But what if it came at a cost to yourself.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Because dont need a bunch of clueless whiners telling me how to live my life to fit their narrowminded oppressive views .

Under the constitution of the united states all have equal rights under the law .

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Because it's used as cover for different groups to crawl on each other, to blame and incite hate out of personal selfish agendas.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's a good point, many are claiming people as warriors of social justice as if they were painting many with the same brush.

Fair and equal don't mean the same thing. Education for instance, it's fair for all to have an equal right to basic education but it wouldn't be fair to give everyone private schools at taxpayers expense, nor is it fair to have prestigious education reserved for the rich. Their is always middle ground and more socially just ways of doing things.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

I believe it's an ideal.

I won't move out of my house due to a bees nest in the walls but I'd leave my loft undisturbed if endangered bats were living there.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I'm not a fan of labels. SJW is a label that is easily tossed around and I don't think it's inherent in social justice that your talking about. School, basic health care, good food, clean water and housing would in effect be the tenets of social justice and self proclaimed social justice warrior. I don't disagree with any of these but I am not a leftist nor a SJW but I consider myself a good human being.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Because dont need a bunch of clueless whiners telling me how to live my life to fit their narrowminded oppressive views .

Under the constitution of the united states all have equal rights under the law .

Cheers, but that's what I'm on about.

You've had the constitution a long time, blacks were still segregated in the 60's, biased courts... How many times has the native american been screwed in court?

Don't be associating SJW's with real social injustice. SJW is am overly used phrase.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Yeah that's my thinking also.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Yeah.

While we are busy shouting at each other more good conspiracies are going a miss.

Those things you mention that I also attribute to actual social justice or just decent humanity. There is always going to be dodgy water somewhere, cattle not meeting health regulations and people being forcibly removed from their lands somewhere and there will always be people willing to cover it up or willfully allow it to happen.

It happens, even the right can agree with the left as we kind of done. Just more distractions if you ask me, all this SJW malarkey.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Absolutely.

Perhaps it's time to start from the bottom and fix the basic social injustices.

I think now more than ever will be a conspiracy theorists wet dream!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Is it a Generational Disorder?

Here are SJW from different age groups

Older Social Justice Warriors
Yes that's right I consider these folk as SJW
Bundy Ranch

Millennial Social Justice Warriors
For Example only
Hillary Supporter

edit on 13-11-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Just a general question...

......I'd like to know I have the same rights as that guy.

You do. Thats why.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: Vector99

I'm a firm believer in self-defense but that doesn't answer my question.

I think SJW's is a poorly coined phrase and overly used. I'm on about social justice.

Because social justice is similar to mob rule. It subjective in every single case.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Definitely, being honest I think Trump could be good for rebuilding the basics for America, huge public works and strong investment on the essentials.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I separate SJWs from the notion of social justice:

I'd hate to imagine a world without social justice. We'd still be stuck in the dark ages (not unlike many countries in the UAE) Where women can't vote nor drive, people are considered inferior due to the colour of their skin or their sexuality. There is still a long way to go in many respects.

SJWs on the other hand I see as extremists. They seek to intimidate, harass and torment anyone who doesn't agree with their narrowly defined ideal of what is acceptable. They often do this from behind a faceless computer screen. They claim to be anti-domestic violence and anti-guns etc but are quick to threaten violence against anyone who questions them. We saw how quickly some twitter feeds went from "Love Trumps Hate" to the same people calling for Trump to be assassinated or to 'kill/die for the cause'. There has been a few examples of feminists threatening rape to other women as an insult. They are quick to call for boycotts of companies or celebrities who support or voice support for things that differ from their ideals - that's why there were few celebs to voice support of Trump - they know it would be career suicide.

I personally believe that any idea, whether it be political, religious or social should not be above debate. If you can be respectful and use facts to convey your thoughts I think anything should be up for discussion. The problem with SJWs is that they are unwilling to debate they only want to force their opinions on everyone else and will threaten or use violence to do it

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I believe in Karma and that people should always get the mirror of what they create. I do think all information on how things work should be shared too all without any cost so that every person who have a potential to learn are allowed to learn. Humans might have been able to create a star trek kind of society if they stopped playing around with the power pyramid.

Right now Soros is controlling the SJW movement like a puppet and people are as blind as they where in Nazi Germany controlled by the MSN.

The scary thing in US was not that facist (political power and economic power together controlling/enslaving the people) corrupt Hillery lost. The scary thing was that a majority of those who voted do not know how brainwashed they are.

From my point of view the Nazi/white power are just as dualistically (us vs them) insane as the SJW on the other side of the dualistic extreme, that is sucking up to a non reformed dualistic religion Islam, that have a long way to go before it becomes non dualistic like Sikhism, Taoism, Hinduism and Buddhism.

SJW is in the way for Islamic reformers like Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali that do want Islam to get real equality. All power to those that want to reform this religion so it becomes a blessing instead of the curse on humanity causing suffering.

SJW do not think and cannot handle nuance that the objective truth can be between 2 dualistically opposed ideas. Here is an example how Ben Affleck emotionally explodes and shows that he have no self control and can't handle a logical discussion on a sensitive subject.

edit on 13-11-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join