It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective dream journal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Stay with me, this post may seem irrelevant, this post may seem out of place, but I promise you it is relevant.

Do you remember when the internet was full of promise? Do you remember when the connection of the world was marketed as a connection that would forever change the world's demographics? ...I do.

I remember a promise of power to the people. I remember a promise of consolidation of power amongst the everyday man/woman. I remember the promise that the connectivity amongst the world would spur a positive change, a global understanding, a citizen scientist population un-rivaled amongst the history of the world.

We are wasting the possibilities of a globally connected world.

So, what? What the # am I getting at? What does this matter?

We the people are free to explore the gAPS modern science ignores, we are free to catalogue and explore the ways in which our mind works, without the consent/funding of a political establishment.

We are wasting an opportunity to explore the expansiveness of our minds and the encompassing power of the internet.

My modest proposal?

We creATE AN ongoing dream journal for the whole of the participating public.

The ends?
An ability to informally explore the idea of a collective uncocnciousness.

Please post all your dreams. No matter how seemingly insignificant they are. Let's see they hold any clues to the future to come or hold any meanings to the past. let's see if dreams mean anything beyond personal symbollics.

Let's explore.

please post any / all dreams here.

let's see what happens.

I love you all

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Found myslef getting a new minibike. Like a lttle.dirt-bike. But im too big for.it it..... It takes a while but gets me going a little faster than what feels safe.

Overcast skies....now in a trailer park. A party......everyone walking through evryone elses trailer.....and thyre all connected.

There are people in the woods......dressed as German ww2 infantry.

The hedgrerows are all in tight.....but all the plants are smaller than they should be...like Bonzai trees.

The reenactors are pretending to fire their guns....reloading....but they are not firing.

Back into the maze of the circular all inclusive party.

At one point, stop in dingy fishing- tackle-like store. Dimly lit.....looking at the bliter packs on the hooks....like they been sitting there over a decade.....

They are all.accessories for the reenactment outside......fearsome-looking Lugers that are harmless.....faux-grenades that will only cause welts.....

Trying to find exit to get on bike and get away....but only keep ending up in the store....and in trailer peo Peoples' living rooms who seems to be getting tired of seeing you....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EllisColin

My dream last night was weird. I was at an amusement park, but it was only like 7 am. I got to this awesome section with food stalls. I wanted this milkshake thing from Cold Stone Ice Cream. Then I started to realize that certain people were getting hunted down and there was a theater and an arcade area and I had a dangerous vibe. There was a cliff 80 feet in the air that I have dove off of before, someone told me I could jump off again(its over water). It seemed like certain people were killing others and that it was like a survival game and I had to survive the amusement park.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can't recall what I dreamed last night, but lately I have been having a lot of flood dreams and dreams where I'm in public with no pants. I'm covered with a long shirt or an apron, but there's the constant fear of flashing myself to people. I have flood dreams a lot though.

Oh also, I wanted to say, I think it's a great idea and I'm curious to see people's contributions to the thread.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Seriously? I thought this could be interesting, but no one else has said anything. I'm bumping.

By the way, I had another flood dream last night. It's always so scary, but sometimes not very surprising. I'm getting a bit used to them. This one had me skimming across the water again. No idea what that is about, but it happens frequently in my dreams.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hello Ellis & everyone! I was actually just thinking of making a thread with the exact same purpose and just noticed this here. I suppose you saved me the trouble.

I want to say thank you for bringing this up.

@ Ellie Sagan, Water can symbolize emotions in dreams. Considering your other dreams of being naked, would it be a stretch to say that your emotions are being laid bare before the eyes of others in your life? Or perhaps your coming to terms with things happening internally? Just a suggestion though, I am by no means a dream interpreter and I wouldn't want to give any "bad" advice. Make of it what you will.

@ Mouseygretchen I find this dream interesting due to the fact I often have dreams in the amusement park "theme."
The amusement park is generally meant to be a place of fun, but also thrills, excitement & uncertainty. Is it possible that the amusement park is representing the way you feel about the current state of the world? The amusement park represents the fact that life is suppose to be fun, yet people are killing each other as if it were a game. How do yo feel about certain events currently unfolding in the world? Being asked to jump off a cliff in a dream could simply be akin to "spreading your wings," symbolically speaking of course. Perhaps you witnessed all the chaos happening around you and created another character to influence you to take a step of faith. If you could remember who the character was that told you to attempt the jump I could possibly weigh in more. As I said above I am by no means a dream interpreter so please take everything I am saying with a grain of salt.

I will add my own dreams but not quite yet, they are usually very insane so I will want to spend the time to accurately portray the dreams as best as I can.

I would also like to ask people HOW they dream, IE ; Colors, Perspective, Sounds (or lack of.) Different characters and reoccurring themes that pop up again and again. Hopefully we will start being able to draw lines between different dreams and create a map of sorts to help us better understand these messages from the subconscious.

I do hope this thread picks up some speed because this is one of my favorite topics of all time.
I will be back.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EllisColin

Imagine trying to summerise all fictional fantasy / cartoon films into something meaningful.

That film question is more feasible than getting a general conclusion from multiple dreams.

If a source wanted to get a common theme across to everybody, then that theme would be viewed in the most understandable way for every person.

So that could result in millions of different dreams that are mainly unlinkable.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

While I have to agree with you that dreams are subjective, I cant help but think you are missing the point. The fact is there is very little investigation/research being done on the concept of dreams and their implications on our lives. Simply put this is meant to be a thread where we can share our dreams freely and interpret them freely. Not trying to deny your point mind you. Perhaps you can share some of your more interesting dreams for discussion. I promise we don't bite.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SupermassiveBlackHOLE
While I have to agree with you that dreams are subjective, I cant help but think you are missing the point. The fact is there is very little investigation/research being done on the concept of dreams and their implications on our lives. Perhaps you can share some of your more interesting dreams for discussion. I promise we don't bite.

Maybe. But is it not proven that if people are subjected to seeing news with UN troops on the streets, then they all naturally start dreaming of a UN take-over. Crumbs, imagine how strong the dream would be if they saw the words JADE Helm in neon lights followed by UN Tanks.

If you had a dream of being given make-up brushes with black stuff for eyes, would that mean your spirit is about to go dark and ready for battle ? Almost like a goth eye pattern in terms of Apache Indians getting ready for conflict.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

I'm starting to see your point. Basically what your saying is that all the information we get from dreams is directly connected to day-to-day stimuli. If we are exposed to something over and over; we are more likely to get a response from our subconscious. While that in an of itself is absolutely true, I think you inadvertently proved my point as well. If situations we experience have the ability to imprint themselves into our minds, and those imprints are then sent back as information - in the form of dreams. Does that not show that the study of dreams is a worthwhile one? If we aren't putting any thought into this I think that is truly a shame, because you know corporations / the military complex / many other groups under the sun are putting at least some sort of thought / energy into understanding why and how dreams are manifested during REM sleep. Imagine the implications of being able to influence people in a such a state.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SupermassiveBlackHOLE
Does that not show that the study of dreams is a worthwhile one? If we aren't putting any thought into this I think that is truly a shame.

Imagine the implications of being able to influence people in a such a state.

There are at least 3 systems where fallen angels exist in a reality running parallel to this real world. Dreams are a safe zone where humans are protected by God.

Astral travel / lucid dreams allow the dreamer to go into the fallen angel kingdom. The demons don't like it when a mortal human invades their realm.

From experience, those dreams go south very fast and always end in a bloodbath especially when the Spirit of the Lord intervenes sending all evil up in a blast of pure white light.

Ever been to the Lake of Fire during a dream. The film 'Constantine' with Keanu Reeves is surprisingly close to why only wind and fire are heard.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This one had me thinking it was real for a little while after I woke up. It happened a month or two ago, so relatively recent. For some reason I was taken to a psychiatric hospital, then held their for 3 days, and it literally felt like 3 days.

I was interviewed by two clinical psychologists, one who I have met before, one who I havnt met as far as I recognize. Their reasoning for me to be there was to be assessed, and then having each psyc submit to a magistrate (who was my old lawyer, and actually is a magistrate now) to decide if I'm "sane".

I dont remember which side each was arguing, but I remember their approach and tone. The psyc I have met before was far more aggressive, and the other psyc was being all nice, take that what you will; in the dream I thought it was because she was pissed off about having to work the weekend?.

In my dream I was heavily medicated and it was noticeable in my actions and openess to discussion on topics. Literally I though I was in a psyc ward, but not just for an over-night stay, this was over the whole weekend (Friday, Sat, Sun), I woke up on Friday morning thinking it was Monday, thankful that I was waking up in my own bed.

The first thing I did when I got up was get to my computer, to post that I was out of the hospital on FB and catch up on the other messages and news. Look at my computer date, its still the Friday?...

That was probably my most recent one that I can remember a lot of still today, usually they are forgotten not long after I get out of bed.

And no, I was not hospitalized and have blocked it out, and I have never been a psychiatric patient.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EllisColin
Stay with me, this post may seem irrelevant, this post may seem out of place, but I promise you it is relevant.

It is relevant. To me at least. I did not want to create a new topic for this so i used the search function. (I'm not sure i am even allowed to create new threads because i just joined after a decade of just reading)

So about dreams, i do not really pay too much attention to them. Sometimes they are scary, sometimes like an epic movie, sometimes something ordinary. But this one bothers me. A dream about mandatory military service (Finland), which in real life i finally got my duty served after 9 months. In this dream, i am back in the military service. Frustrated. Deep in the snow-filled forests in a smelly tent without morning coffee. I try to explain to the personnel, "check out my data from the computer. I will tell my name and my social security number and if you need any additional info i will be happy to assist. I already did this back in 2000! now i want back home, this is a mistake!" and... no data, no records of me whatsoever. I must serve again. And this has happened, i kid you not, hundreds of nights since i was released back home to my girl back in 2000.

One time in that specific dream i was actually released back home (after serving in the dream, full time) and in the morning i felt a strong sensation of relief. Like a burden on my soul had been released to never haunt me again. I thought i would no longer see these same dreams, over and over. But that was just a thought. They continued and they still do. They are actually, when i dream them, not like nightmares at all, but there is overwhelming sense of frustration when i dream these same dreams and try to explain them i am done with this.

One chance i thought i could get away from this, was quite accurately a year ago. In Finland, every man must serve unless health reasons or one specific religion (jehova's witnesses) are in question, or participate in civil service. For women it is voluntary. Ok so it has been a long time since my army months and my world views had changed a lot. I wanted out of the reserve. Not just to gain pacifist hippie points but to get enough payment for the 5 day education week in the civil service education center to get me a good TV just in time for the world championships of ice hockey. When i got home in a bus, i thought i have done my army duty, and now i have been released even from the reserve, maybe these dreams will go away. They did not.

edit on 15-3-2017 by Finspiracy because: typo

top topics

join