It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Harmful Fluoride Levels Found in Instant Iced Tea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Prompted by a middle aged woman suffering from excessive fluoride in her skeletal structure, medical researchers have discovered that some commercial instant iced tea preparations have dangerously high levels of fluoride. The levels varied from 1.0 to 6.5 ppm. Fluorinated drinking water does not exceed 1.2 ppm. The effects are cumulative and the researchers point out that you would have to 10 mg. of fluoride a day for 10 years to have the effect show up on an xray. The effects can be dramatic, while there is excessive bone structure, the bones are often brittle.

www.foxnews.com
Instant iced tea mixes may contain potentially harmful levels of fluoride, according to a new study.

Researchers found some commercial iced tea mixes contain up to 6.5 parts per million (ppm) of fluoride, which is well above the 4 ppm maximum allowed by the EPA in drinking water and 2.4 ppm permitted by the FDA in bottled water and beverages.

The results indicate constantly quenching your thirst with instant iced teas may increase your risk of a rare, but potentially dangerous bone disorder caused by getting too much fluoride in your system.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Man they are taking the fun out of everything. However, as always moderation seems to be the key. What surprised me was the other sources of fluoride other than water and toothpaste: pesticides, Teflon-coated cookware, chewing tobacco, and some wines and mineral waters. Never gave alot of them any thought about thier fluoride content and I minored in nutrition.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Whew, I am glad I only home-brew tea! Think there is any connection with the theory that Fluoride cause docility? Probably not, but the theorists out there will keep thinking. Dream, Dreamers, for you awake at the end of the dream to share what you have seen...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know about docility, we have flourinated water and my wife is far from docile. Plus the woman that was affected drant 1-2 gallons a day of the nasty instant stuff for years. Home brewing is the way to go

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else think there is something seriously wrong when our food and water make us sick?

Waahhh! It is NOT supposed to be like this!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Doesn't anyone else think there is something seriously wrong when our food and water make us sick?

Waahhh! It is NOT supposed to be like this!

Its the whole moderation thing. These people were consuming a large amount of what is really an awful product. I mean I drink a ton two, but 2 gallons of that nasty instant stuff?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
uh... what brands?

Tho i only make my own.. i don't understand why anyone would settle doing it some otehr way

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
uh... what brands?

Tho i only make my own.. i don't understand why anyone would settle doing it some otehr way

The article said it would list the brands at the bottom, but did not. At any rate there are only a few brands It seems. Avoid them all is my advice, I mean how long does it take to boil water????

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is what happens when one uses convenience foods. It seems the only way to make them convenient is to pump them full of chemicals, especially salt.
Come on, they took an unstable liquid, tea, and made it into a dry stable powder. You should be wondering about its safety.
It's really best to avoid products with names you cannot spell. It's not always better living through chemistry.

And anyway, that stuff doesn't even taste like tea.....NASTY stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Its the whole moderation thing. These people were consuming a large amount of what is really an awful product.

...I don't think it's just moderation Fred - as you said, there are huge amounts in a lot of different products, and we don't even know when we're getting a dose, never mind how much...

...this stuff builds up - so kids are specially at risk. Also, it can combine with other chemicals or elements to make new compounds...

One single product and one thing at a time isn't really a problem - it's when it all comes together, and it does - that we end up with epidemics of osteoporosis, stroke, cancer - you name it. ....and no one can prove direct cause and effect cuz it's not direct - it's cumulative, and has to do with unknown effects of unknown compounds....

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Many things contain fluoride....

Above is a link that shows how many of our consumables contain fluoride. Though by themselves the risk of fluoride poisoning is non-existant, it's the amount of fluoride ingested via many sources that does the trick. Many people are over-dosing on fluoride and don't even know it. Fluoride's effect on the thyroid gland also supports the well-known myth that fluoride in our drinking water(with the caviat that it's in other consumables) does in fact cause more docility amongst the population.

Fluoride as a promoter of dental health is viable only as a topical applicant. So why do we have it added to our water supply with all the evidence to the contrary...........I'm in agreeance with soficrow........It's NOT supposed to be like this!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have heard that fluoride is a byproduct of the nuclear industries...the uranium isotopes that are most useful are separated out from the regular uranium by creating "uranium hexafluoride" gas...the lighter isotopes float to the top (UR236, I believe) and are thus purified from the non-radioactive normal uranium (UR238). Then the fluoride is purified out and used in drinking water!
Does anyone know is this is true?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This originally included extensive quotes, but in the interest of readability I am just citing sources. If anyone doubts my sources i'll point out the quotes and we can do some further research as well.

Wikipedia on Flouride mentions that prolonged exposure to low concentrations, although generally believed to require more than found in drinking water, can cause Flourosis. Flourosis is a condition which can include hypothyroidism, brittling of bones and teeth (how ironic!), and yellowing of teeth.

Further in the article, it mentions that the human Pineal gland is the most flouride-sensitive part of the body. So naturally I checked on what the Pinneal gland does. Wikipedia on Pinneal gland says-
The Pinneal gland releases melatonin, which regulates our circadian rhythm. The Circadian rhythm is your biological clock which regulates eating habits, sleeping habits, and other functions. Jet-lag, fatigue, and in extreme cases sleep disorders are results of disturbance to the Circadian rhythm.
More from wikipedia on Pinneal Gland- The pinneal gland also has other features. In children whom have had the gland destroyed by pathological growths, the result was accelerated development of sex organs, increased skeletal growth, and precocious mentality.
Last but not least, the Pinneal gland manufactures dimethyltryptamine or '___'. '___' is a psychedelic chemical which is believed to play a role in dreams and near-death experiences. Perhaps you've heard the old story that flouridation was accused of being a communist plot to administer '___' to the general public? Not so far off after all.

Urban legend has it that Nazis used flouridated water to keep prisoners docile. This is not supported by any reliable sources I have seen, but seems to be a plausible use for floride if given in strong concentrations.

Last but not least, here is another source on Flouride's effects.
www.all-natural.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Last but not least, here is another source on Flouride's effects.
www.all-natural.com...

Definitely, not least.
That article pretty much made me want to go outside and get some snow to melt and drink. Oh, wait, what falls from the sky is probably contaminate, too.
What kills me is my tap filter, PUR, goes out of their way to tell us that the flouride remains. I'm kind of curious how they can get rid of a lot of otherthings, but not the flouride

www.pg.com...://www.purwater.com/faqs.shtml

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Flouride forms a dipole bond with water because it's an ion. It's not just floating in your water like that other stuff. Reverse osmosis is supposed to take it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
OMG it is in my toothpaste! I should stop using it and use soap instead.
/sarcastic

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
[url=http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/article/99/105398.htm]And now for something completely different....[url]

Further highlighting the nature of our attention-deficit disorder nation is the above article dated 1 day after the fluoride/tea release...........Green Tea gets rid of those unwanted pounds!!!!! Which article is going to leave a bigger impression? The one with inaccessible and stigmatized info regarding fluoride or the one that appeals to the image conscious mentality of our nation......?

I believe this is a good example of how information is communicated in this day and age........you're given adequate knowledge based on scientific study and then it's offset.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I drink pure herbal teas with no caffeine so I guess I'm fine.

Like I said before, "God Forbid that we have some self control!"

I guess this just proves you are what you eat!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If the stuff is sop to make people less violant then why in the world are the inner citys such a sess pool of violance??

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ya know, we keep saying flouride is supposed to make people docile. I think we have interpreted something incorrectly here.

How about, fluoride makes people more easily duped by the media, govt, religion, etc. A tool used to help in the dumbing-down.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ok there... we have fluoride in almost everything we use for our daily life...What are ways to Counter-Act against the effect of fluoride in the Human body...

Personally, I have found about 2 different ways...
1) Instead of drinking tap water...one could Make or Buy Distilled Water (which is water that have been evaporated and then cool down again to its liquide form)...just like the way Rain is processed from the Cloud...

2) Many claim that Tamarind help the human body getting rid of the excess fluoride...

Are there other ways?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join