It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Feminist Protestors Display “Rape Melania” Sign

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

These Moveon Soros backed groups want to make sure that Democrats will never win again. This is bad publicity for the elites on the left.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
what was the evidence showing the OP pics are a hoax?

The angle of the text on the sign is identical, however the photo's are taken from two different angles. This gives example that the largest photo was shopped first, and then he copied and shrunk text for the second.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
what was the evidence showing the OP pics are a hoax?

The angle of the text on the sign is identical, however the photo's are taken from two different angles. This gives example that the largest photo was shopped first, and then he copied and shrunk text for the second.

Nope. I don't have time in my life to ponder angles and all that jazz. Nothing will be proven by examining at these pics. I looked at them closely in photoshop already. There's no way to know for sure with what we have to examine.

Only someone with the time to dedicate and investigate, will uncover who is behind this, if it is real or a hoax, and why this happened -- real or not.

I'm not drawing any conclusions.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Frankly, if you hold up a sign suggesting to rape an innocent woman, or man, your punishment should be getting raped.

Whomever held up that sign deserves to get it right up the backside.

Punishment in your mind is the crime committed? That's very close to the thought behind the sign.

Not right.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

All that matters is that Trump followers believe it is real because it confirms their bias, no matter how illogical or unlikely.
edit on 13-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: MotherMayEye

All that matters is that Trump followers believe it is real because it confirms their bias, no matter how illogical or unlikely.

More non-helpful divisiveness.

'Unlikely' and 'illogical' don't apply in making sense of this election. Tricks are being pulled out of both sleeves.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, I'm a little late to the party, but after reading thru all the comments, decided to join ATS to throw my 2 cents worth in. Now, I don't know much about photo editing, at least not to anything near a professional level, so will have to take the experts' word for it that the signs do not appear to be photo shopped. But I have serious doubts about a real protester standing there with that sign for any length of time, without any reaction from anyone around. I know someone claimed to have seen it on video on Fox News Sunday, but, while they do mention the protests in the transcript, there is no mention whatsoever of inappropriate signage. Someone with a hulu account would have to watch the video itself to be sure, but I'd be really surprised if Fox News missed an opportunity to trash the Clinton supporters. (This should be the link to today's show, if someone wants to check: www.hulu.com...,p0,s2016,d1) No other photos or videos anywhere, despite all the news coverage of the protests? Very questionable.
I agree with comments made about the original reporters of the sign - that it's strange they could video themselves, but didn't bother to get a video of the sign, only photographs. And hearing the background info on them makes it even fishier. But here's what no one else seems to have noticed. If you look at the video they posted, the guy's friend is wearing a dark grey or black hoodie!! (www.youtube.com... - look at the 2:50-3 minute mark) Just like the guy holding the sign in the photos! Now, of course, a lot of people wear dark hoodies, so it's certainly no smoking gun. But does add weight to all the circumstantial evidence. And leads credence to "Morgan's" story on The American Mirror. Now, him/her not posting a video they claimed to have, despite multiple requests, reduces credibility. But which version makes more sense: 1) someone holding a "rape melania" sign for any length of time, in a group of liberals willing to stand out in the cold and protest, without anyone reacting to it, and, despite tons of media, cameras, and cell phones, no one else getting a picture much less video of it? Or 2) a staged photo op where someone worked their way into the crowd, held up the offensive sign for a couple of seconds, just long enough for his partner to snap a picture but not long enough for anyone else to notice or react, then move thru the crowd to a different location and repeat, then get the heck out of there?
Someone asked what benefit it would be to Trump supporters to do something like this. Well, between this and the violence at protests, it sure makes the protesters look bad, which at a minimum lessons the support for their cause, and could cause a backlash from the public (just look at the responses to this story on social media!).
Anyway, that's just my take on it.
I'm glad I found this community. If the discussion on this thread is indicative of the knowledge, open mindedness and civility of the forum as a whole, I think I'm going to enjoy being here!!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MelissaZ
The problem I see with it being something done by Trump supporters is its too ridiculous to ever have been taken seriously... I mean what does raping Melania have to do with anything it's just ridiculous.

To me it's such an obvious fake/staged thing that they're trying to incite anger against the Trump supporters for trying to screw around with the protest.

I mean really why is a Trump supporter even going to waste their time being out there ? Trump has already won. And the protesters are already doing a good enough job making themselves look bad. The Trump supporters are all sitting at home drinking beer and eating popcorn and watching these people on television....and shaking their heads in disbelief.
edit on 13-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

it does look a little photo shopped, like memes with signs that say, "I got so angry I made a sign."

If it's not, it's inexcuseable. NO real Progressive, Feminist, Liberal or SJW would make such a sign.

The kind of person that makes such a sign has a twisted mind that is thinking, "Trump raped his ex wife, took liberties with females, may have had relations with an underage girl...so go ahead and rape Melamia." Which of course makes ZERO sense.
It's disgusting.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Aside from the 'plant' theory, this is the first rational explanation of the meaning of that sign from an anti-Trump protester.

Still vile, though.

edit on 13-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ok, well at least you agree it's despicable. But we can still talk about earthquakes and stuff, right? I mean surely we gotta have some common ground somewhere...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Wait, are they for rape or against rape? They really need to settle down on the Jekyll n Hyde.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Wow. Good post. This is truly disgusting, and not just because its someone holding a sign saying ludacris things. Thats normal these days. The part i find truly ridiculous is the fact that just 2 weeks ago these are probably the same fools that were screaming how we live in a rape culture and that our country is a rape culture, and even if comedians or movies reference it that they are horrible people. Now all of a sudden, they are ignoring the election process and are ok with rape?? Good lord thats insane and terrible.

I think anyone here, left or right, would agree rape is bad. But now that they didnt get there way, rape is all of a sudden an ok thing?

Very sad time we are in gents and ladies. Lets each try n do our part in squelching this and come together after such a horrendous couple of months being divided. Please remind your fellow neighbors or frienda etc... this is not the way to act and were all in this together, as even our current president seems to be incapable of resolving this situation.

And also are we certain slick willy wasnt in new york that night? As hilary is probably cold shouldering him again now that the bright lights are off them. Haha only teasn.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Burnt1afterlife because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MelissaZ
But I have serious doubts about a real protester standing there with that sign for any length of time, without any reaction from anyone around.

How about liberals punching and kicking trump supporters (including mexican and black trump supporters) while no other liberal supporter even attempts to do anything about it? I have no doubt they stood there like they did and condoned it. Like they done many times before.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 14 Nov 2016 04:12:08 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If it's not, it's inexcuseable. NO real Progressive, Feminist, Liberal or SJW would make such a sign.

Here is one prime example of a liberal lying about and defending the physical attack on a woman, all of which can be seen in the video.

More happened because later on she attacked her herself, stole her phone and smahed it to bit for which she has now been arrested and charged.

Still think feminists have a hard time doing and defending this sort of behaviour?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 14 Nov 2016 04:25:00 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Well, it looks like the Washington Post believes it authentic enough to have written about it:

Proteste r’s ‘Rape Melania’ sign draws strong rebuke, sparking Twitter trend

Some Twitter users saw “Rape Melania” in their trending-topics boxes Sunday after images of a protester holding a sign bearing the phrase during a Saturday-night demonstration in the District circulated on the social network.

Photos of the chilling banner, taken at an anti-Trump rally outside the president-elect's new hotel in the nation's capital, drew strong condemnations from Trump supporters and opponents alike. The online conversation — almost all of it about the sign's inappropriateness — placed “Rape Melania” on a list of trending topics for some, but not all, Twitter users. Twitter customizes trending topics based on who users follow and where they are located.

And here again: The post-election hate spike: How long will it last?
edit on 14-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Burnt1afterlife

The part i find truly ridiculous is the fact that just 2 weeks ago these are probably the same fools that were screaming how we live in a rape culture and that our country is a rape culture, and even if comedians or movies reference it that they are horrible people. Now all of a sudden, they are ignoring the election process and are ok with rape?? Good lord thats insane and terrible. I think anyone here, left or right, would agree rape is bad. But now that they didnt get there way, rape is all of a sudden an ok thing?

I only saw one person with a "Rape Melania" sign, out of 10s of 1000s of peaceful protesters.

Where did you find that wide brush you're painting all anti-Trump protesters with? Must a special Alt Right catalog.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So you are aligning all liberals with this moron? Does that mean that i can align all republicans with their lowest common denominator?

What a pathetic and dishonest approach you seem to have towards this subject.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Where did you find that wide brush you're painting all anti-Trump protesters with?

Probably from the same artist kit that the left used to paint all Trump voters as racist, xenophobic, misogynist, deplorables.

See how that works?

edit on 14-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wait, Americans... Help me to understand something... You guys believe in freedom of speech right? It was also my understanding that freedom of speech is there to protect the horrible things people say? I mean you don't need to quote the first ammendment to say "Those flowers look pretty"!

I think what this person said is disgusting of course but I stand for his rights to say it! It's better this way! It shows them for who they really are! We can now choose to ostrecise him (and anyone that agrees with him) from society! He can grow lonely and old and have his disgusting signs for comfort!

But personally, I want to know who these people are! They will still think this stuff even if you outlaw the writing of it!

edit on 14-11-2016 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join