It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Feminist Protestors Display “Rape Melania” Sign

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: projectvxn
Just more of the same SJW hypocrisy we've all come to know and love.

Yeah, I used to be what some might call a sjw, but i actually did real work and research on social justice issues. Still do to a degree ( I work on homelessness, poverty, and housing subsidies).

But, I think the hypocrisy and double standards of identity politics really showed itself to me over the past several years. Now it disgusts me. I can only imagine how much it turns off people who were never convinced or invested in the first place like me..

Going out there and doing social work and advocating for the least fortunate among us doesn't make you an SJW. It makes you a good person who is trying to make a difference in the world.

All SJWs actually do is create their own hell and blame the rest of us for letting them live in it.
I get what you are saying. There IS a difference between real anti poverty or pro human rights professionals and/or activists versus slacktivist, hateful social justice warriors. It's the second group who has adopted a problematic and divisive ideological identity politics framework, that I don't think is actually constructive.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: followtheevidence
a reply to: theantediluvian

Reddit is claiming it's a confirmed hoax with the unshopped image available in the thread linked below. Still doesn't make sense. Those two guys in the video (who I now know more about compliments of your leg work!) allegedly SAW it in person. Why would they make a public video claiming to see it knowing it was a hoax? Weren't they afraid of totally discrediting themselves?

Link

ETA: Apparently there is a "Rare Pepe" meme floating out there in the internet ether (never heard of it) which has since been adapted as a "Rare Melania" meme ... I have no idea what the meme represents but this guys original sign read, "Rare Melania" which actually is a thing.

Ok, folks...here is the person behind the hoax (name deleted):

Link

Someone who had access to one of the pics in the OP, prior to alteration, exposed this hoax and then deleted their account.

Now, we know this was A HOAX CREATED WITH AN INTENTIONAL EXPOSURE OF THE HOAX, in mind.

Who has the motive to create a hoax like this, and then intentionally expose it as a hoax? Hillary-people. Because they wanted to make Trump-people look bad.

And, BTW, the ATSer who posted the Reddit link, here --- exposing the hoax --- AND even explained there was a 'Rare Melania' thing going on at Reddit in anticipation...had not commented on ATS for two years.

it's always interesting to consider sources of any information where hoaxes are concerned.
edit on 13-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: followtheevidence
a reply to: theantediluvian

Reddit is claiming it's a confirmed hoax with the unshopped image available in the thread linked below. Still doesn't make sense. Those two guys in the video (who I now know more about compliments of your leg work!) allegedly SAW it in person. Why would they make a public video claiming to see it knowing it was a hoax? Weren't they afraid of totally discrediting themselves?

Link

ETA: Apparently there is a "Rare Pepe" meme floating out there in the internet ether (never heard of it) which has since been adapted as a "Rare Melania" meme ... I have no idea what the meme represents but this guys original sign read, "Rare Melania" which actually is a thing.

Ok, folks...here is the person behind the hoax (name deleted):

Link

Someone who had access to one of the pics in the OP, prior to alteration, exposed this hoax and then deleted their account.

Now, we know this was A HOAX CREATED WITH AN INTENTIONAL EXPOSURE OF THE HOAX, in mind.

Who has the motive to create a hoax like this, and then intentionally expose it as a hoax? Hillary-people. Because they wanted to make Trump-people look bad.

Or maybe someone doing it for the LULZ.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

That is a possibility...but i tend to be compelled when there's more substantive motive to consider.

A possibility though, for sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

That is a possibility...but i tend to be compelled when there's more substantive motive to consider.

A possibility though, for sure.

There's nothing about your assumption that leads me to believe it's any less likely to be a Trump supporter.

For one, the people that 'saw' the sign on the OP are Trump supporters.

Not saying they did it, but they claimed to see something IRL, that didn't exist, so that's a good start.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

They, the left even in this forum, are going to ignore posts like this one. Just look at the amount of flags that threads that present nothing but lies from the left get, and then look at threads like this one. Then these people want to claim that they are not like the violent protestors when they (the majority) seem to have drank from the same kool-aid that the violent protestors have drank.
edit on 13-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
For one, the people that 'saw' the sign on the OP are Trump supporters..

Sure they are.

Anybody can pretend to be anything on the interwebs.

If they claimed they saw this sign that didn't exist, then they are definitely not Trump supporters even if they are playing them. IF THEY CLAIMED TO SEE THE SIGN BEFORE ANYONE SAW IT ON THE INTERNET, THEN THEY ARE BEHIND THIS HOAX AND THEY ARE BEHIND EXPOSING IT AS A HOAX.

Because the sign never existed.

I know I saw a link, pages back, to that video. I need to go back and look these guys up to see how much provocation and discrediting they have contributed to the cause of elevating Donald Trump, for all the wrong reasons.

The agent provocateurs are everywhere in this election and they make every effort to 'appear' credible and that includes building a 'credible' history online.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

For one, the people that 'saw' the sign on the OP are Trump supporters..

Sure they are.

Anybody can pretend to be anything on the interwebs.

If they claimed they saw this sign that didn't exist, then they are definitely not Trump supporters even if they are playing them. IF THEY CLAIMED TO SEE THE SIGN BEFORE ANYONE SAW IT ON THE INTERNET, THEN THEY ARE BEHIND THIS HOAX AND THEY ARE BEHIND EXPOSING IT AS A HOAX.

Because the sign never existed.

I know I saw a link, pages back, to that video. I need to go back and look these guys up to see how much provocation and discrediting they have contributed to the cause, of elevating Donald Trump, for all the wrong reasons.

The agent provocateurs are everywhere in this election and they make every effort to 'appear' credible and that includes building a 'credible' history online.

Liberals don't claim the Left is completely intolerant and regressive. Please. You need to check Facebook? Okay. The guy literally Retweets Donalds posts. Not too difficult to tell they are not protestors. "There were Trump supporters next to me" Cries about MSM? Check. Calls the Left "Failed ideology". Claims Hillary is only about hate.

So he was standing with the Trump supporters?

Yep, he's definitely a Hillary supporter!

Ps. Lol the call-in was a Trump supporter that's even banned from YouTube. "You've been getting a lot of hate too right?" "Yeah, my college is spineless liberals" "I have a Donald Trump sticker on my Mac book!"

They are dumb Trump supporters.

Did they start the hoax? My gut says yes between the fact he's the only person in the world that managed to get this picture, and he uploaded this video claiming to see it IRL.

It would be massive evidence if there was even a video of the sign. This idiot claims to see it IRL!
edit on 13-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Liberals don't claim the Left is completely intolerant and regressive. Please. You need to check Facebook? Okay. The guy literally Retweets Donalds posts. Not too difficult to tell they are not protestors. "There were Trump supporters next to me"

So he was standing with the Trump supporters?

Right. So Trump supporters created this hoax and then exposed it as a hoax. *heavy snark*

The person behind creating this hoax was also the person who exposed it as a hoax. The person who exposed the hoax had the original photo to prove it was a hoax:

This is one of the exact photos that was altered to perpetrate the hoax.

See:

And if these self-professed Trump supporters, with an online history of being Trump supporters, claimed they actually saw the sign, on video at the protest — BEFORE THIS HOAX EVEN MADE IT TO THE INTERNET — then they are behind this hoax…

...because a Trump supporter would have no motive to create this hoax and then expose it as a hoax, anonymously, like they just figured it all out and happened to have the evidence.

It defies logic why a Trump supporter would do that. It would undermine their alleged support of Trump to create such a hoax and then expose it

Sorry, I am ruling out any Trump supporter as a suspect.

It was a Hillary supporter or someone else who did it for the LULZ. That's what the facts say.

Prove otherwise and maybe I'll be persuaded.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

He exposed it as a HOAX because he attempted to originally pass it as truth, and people stormed with massive criticism.

Your assumption that revealing it was a hoax was 'part of the plan' holds no logic or reason.

He revealed it was a hoax because he probably was receiving death threats for it being a hoax at that point.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I think to think of Trump supports as something like this. When a white male gets killed by a cop and he clearly provoked it we mourn, but we do not go kill police officers as revenge or riot and destroy citys. Hilary supports are like blm they lose and go crazy and make themselves all look stupid on their way down.

I guess when you're unemployed and have nothing to lose it makes you cray cray? I haven't got a clue. Let's give them all trophies to calm them down.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Holy f*cking sh*t.

Maybe it is not a hoax.

Look at that other Melania signs with her pic from the GOP convention and some other events!

The so-called 'original' and 'unaltered' version is the flipping HOAX.

Good god. I assumed it was debunked and it was not debunked, at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

LOOK AT THIS BS:

It is the so-called 'original' and 'unedited' photo used to 'debunk' this that is the hoax.

Pssshhhhhh....it's looking really, really bad for Hillary supporters on this one.

ETA: Personally, I don't know what to think of this 'debunking' that is obviously a hoax, in and of itself. ON its face, it looks like Hillary people are behind it.

But now it *could be* that Trump people are behind debunking a possible hoax that wasn't a hoax....even though it serves them to have people believe it's real.

Good lord...there is so much crap covering up everything.

What. The. F.

We are knee-deep in some serious obfuscation, this election.

We should be terrified together of all the crap covering the walls and windows.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

LOOK AT THIS BS:

Yeah. This was debunked pages and pages ago. Those photos of Melania are shopped in.

It's looking really, really bad for Hillary supporters on this one.

I don't understand how your mind works. It's looks really bad for Alt Right. It looks like this to me:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You understand the guy that took the picture could have simply deleted the original local file?

The hoax picture could be the only one that even exists.

The reason most photoshop hoaxes are discovered is because revearse image searching finds the stock photo.

Either way whatever you're posting didn't make enough sense for me to respond to it. The guy uploaded the original to twitter and that doesn't match what you're posting.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

LOOK AT THIS BS:

Yeah. This was debunked pages and pages ago. Those photos of Melania are shopped in.

I should have read through the thread past where I left off, last night.

So...if the 'debunking photo' has been shown to be a fraud, what was the evidence showing the OP pics are a hoax?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The hoax picture could be the only one that even exists.

I am willing to dial it down, way down, now that I know the OP photos may not be hoaxes, at all. I leapt to the conclusion that the OP had been debunked by the 'Rare Melania' garbage.

If the OP pics aren't hoaxed, then that means there was a jackass holding a "Rape Melania" sign and that completely undermines so much of what Hillary supporters claim to stand for.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Summing up.....There isn't really. What there is, is an absence of evidence that this wasn't just quickly staged. No other photos of the offensive sign by others, no reaction from other protesters, easily staged, actually easier to stage than shop, but shopping would be pretty easy to do to. Plenty of evidence of other pranks like this one.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Listen, I take nothing at face value. And I think Trump's long-time friendship with the Clintons is meaningful and there is some serious sh*t going on behind closed doors.

I think I will just chalk this up as more fodder served to us peons to keep us quibbling, distracted, divided, and weak.

We aren't getting to the bottom of it as much as I would absolutely love to.

Don't you think?

I say we all just not get trapped into it and move on never committing to blame either side. We just will never know and that sucks for all of us.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I say we all just not get trapped into it and move on never committing to blame either side. We just will never know and that sucks for all of us.

Agreed! We can condemn the act as deplorable, regardless of the perpetrators' politics.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join