It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Feminist Protestors Display “Rape Melania” Sign

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: DJW001

To me it stinks of photo-op. It would take all of 60 seconds tops to pull it off, there wouldn't be time for the crowd to react IMO.

But, apparently it's a fake because, it's fake. No actual forensic work into it (oh wait I did that) it is just fake.

Exactly. It is too good to be true. Why would a feminist even conceive of such a sign? On the other hand, there is a clear, semi-organized movement to demonize peaceful protesters as "terrorists." I cannot imagine my college educated vegan feminist friends tolerating a sign like that.

I don't think the sign is real, however on the point of feminists. Few movements hate women more than feminists. The vitriol against women that don't agree with their views is quite vile.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You clearly got triggered by the title of the thread and looked nothing into it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You actually can't make the comparison because the edges are cropped out of the image on the right, and was undefined because of the lighting - however I made the second image by overlaying the first one onto the sign to ensure the text size was correct, so it isn't that far off.

However - taking that on board - given that the original image signs are at two different angles, the distance to the edge would appear slightly foreshortened anyway, had it been real life, which actually adds weight to the claim that the original is faked if the text is completely consistent.

ETA, and again, I have to add - the second image was done in 10 minutes. Given longer it could have been perfect. Not only that, but you are judging an image you know has been altered. If I presented both and you'd not seen them before you would have taken them at face value (as you believe the original is not faked)

edit on 13/11/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't want the sign to be real, but unless someone can come along and show me where I've looked at it wrong I don't think it is.

The feminist aspect of the title is completely wrong and misguiding.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Though this is clearly staged to make people look bad, a common tactic of the Deplorables, I gotta say the Conservative SJWs in this thread and elsewhere so morally outraged are so hypocritical that it nearly breaks the word.

I remember well all the hang Obama/the n***** signs, some turds even swung effigies from trees in their yards. I also remember the lack of reaction here at ATS and worse the tone of agreement and cries of free speech (which it was).

Weren't you guys all about protesting if Hillary won... with militia even? You all are still anxious for that first shot aren't you? Clearly you crave negative portrayals of "libruls" like junkies crave a fix.

Get over yourselves.

A common tactic of the deplorables? But the DNC busing agitators to trigger Trump supporters didn't happen? Wake up!

edit on 13-11-2016 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Vector,

Wouldn't the distance from the edges vary in a 2d photo? That is to say if the plane of the actual sign was curved inward or outward, wouldn't that cause the distance from the edges to appear different in different photos?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

da fuq?

the top and bottom borders are clear on both.

THAT was my first step in analyzing the real photos.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

the distance to the edge ratio would be the same in any 2d image at any angle.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

In case you missed my edit;

ETA, and again, I have to add - the second image was done in 10 minutes. Given longer it could have been perfect. Not only that, but you are judging an image you know has been altered. If I presented both and you'd not seen them before you would have taken them at face value (as you believe the original is not faked)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

i did miss your edit, and i think you should also consider this

originally posted by: marg6043

The way the arms look holding the sign do not look natural.

it's the same image reversed, the second image gave it away. Especially the discoloring of the building next to the arms. The text itself is kind of a dead giveaway in the second image, but the discoloration of the arms seals the deal.

This is a photoshop job, and really a bad one at that. C'mon ATS, we know better than this.

I said that at the start. Then did a lot of analysis of the photos.

It took me all of 5 minutes to make comparison photos of your attempts and point out the flaws, if you had tried to fake it convincingly, it may have taken a bit more. I'm good at photo analysis.
edit on 13-11-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2016 by Vector99 because: forgot words...lol

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The vitriol against women that don't agree with their views is quite vile.

You don't know many feminists, do you?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Then we agree, which is a good thing

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

We agree to disagree my friend. I don't think the pics are fake. I think they are a photo-op by some youtubers.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We need to see the original video of this I guess.
Any links?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The vitriol against women that don't agree with their views is quite vile.

You don't know many feminists, do you?

Too many. I find them to be nasty human beings in general.
edit on 13/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Can't see that as they would - in the current climate - have been ripped to pieces had the crowd seen such a sign.

However, photo-op or photoshop, its still a disgusting thing to do/fake and I think we definitely both agree on that

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

However, photo-op or photoshop, its still a disgusting thing to do/fake and I think we definitely both agree on that

It really is.

I still hope it's a fake, and will welcome being shown that.

Like I said before, sometimes people just suck.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You clearly got triggered by the title of the thread and looked nothing into it.

Actually I read the thread. What about my post other than just not liking what I said, makes you think my post is uninformed? Staged doesn't equal photoshopped.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

you assumed a lot in your original post, and your reply to me. That's what.

I never said it was uninformed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

People, quite obviously, don't really need incentive to protest Trump. I'm sorry that you don't seem able to through the propaganda artists such as James O'Keefe and the two bozos behind this stunt.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join