It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to end Support for Syrian Terrorists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Well the "moderate rebels" are point blank Al Qaeda. The MSM, Obama, Hillary, etc have managed to spin them back onto the 'good guy' roster because they are supposedly fighting their supposed "rival" ISIS, which began as one of Al Qaeda's 'divisions' or 'brigades'. ISIS is an Al Qaeda offshoot. Supposedly the two are now rivals, and now Al Qaeda has been painted as the "good guys" by the Ruling Establishment.

That's the Official Version. And that's the best case scenario!

Then it gets murkier and muckier as the various stories about ISIS getting materials snuck to them, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Murky is the perfect word for it. The whole thing is. I'll stay with my stance that we should just stay out of it all. Too many shenanigans going on over there and none of us have the whole picture besides what we can get through news sources and those aren't biased right? Nope.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
OMG,common sense is coming to Washington?!!Saddam and Khadaffi kept the Islamist under tight rein and we killed them,thereby sending those countries into a hellish mess.And now Teump wants to leave Assad in power and crush ISIS!Actually seems like he learned from our previous mistakes instead of following the globalist plan-THANK GOD.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

And now Teump wants to leave Assad in power and crush ISIS!Actually seems like he learned from our previous mistakes instead of following the globalist plan-THANK GOD.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

About damned time. Syria and Assad are not worth risking WW3. Take out ISIS, let Assad rule his #-hole and keep him isolated.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
Well, that's certainly an interesting development. I hadn't heard about that. Thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
President Assad: Syria is ready to co-operate with Donald Trump

Mr Trump has indicated that his foreign policy stance will be less interventionist than his predecessors'. He stated in the second presidential debate that regime change only causes more instability in the Middle East and while Mr Assad is not exactly a welcome partner, shoring up his government is the best way to stem the extremism that has flourished in the chaos of Syria’s civil war.

Mr Trump has suggested withdrawing support for the Syrian rebels still fighting in east Aleppo, neighbouring Idlib province and the south of the country, which could prove to finally tilt the war in the Syrian government's favour.

a reply to: gpols

Reminder :

From the above article :

The US has tacitly supported rebels in the war both logistically and financially. In order to bring peace to the conflict which has killed more than 400,000 people to date, Washington has been committed to the idea that Mr Assad must be removed from power.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The "moderate non-religious Rebels" don't exist I'm afraid. This is part of the propaganda war against Syria.

The terrorists are Islamists of one degree or another. The true moderates are the Syrian Government. They have and continue to support a secular state.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good. That is the first step to fixing the Syrian / isis problem. What the obama admin has been doing with foreign policy is appalling.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There were moderate rebels at one point... maybe the first 8-12 months of the civil war... they have since either been pushed out, killed... or converted to the radical agenda.

So I am glad to hear this, I know guys in airlift that are unsure if they are doing the right thing, thats a dangerous place to have elements of your military.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't see how that is possible.

Syria has the support of Russia, a major world power, and Iran, a major regional power.

Syria could be a very valuable ally to the western world in the fight against radical Islamism and those in the middle east who support them, who are, quite ironically, our current "allies".

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Conspiring with a brutal dictator in mass murder?

That's business as usual for conservatives. Remember it was Reagan who sold Sadaam the chemical weapons he used to gas his own people. Then two decades later Republicans used that as one of the excuses to attach Iraq, ignoring the fact that it was their own fault he had those weapons.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The Democrat foreign policy under Obama was identical to that of Bush. Perhaps even more hawk-like.

Hopefully Trump will reverse this, and it's looking like he will.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You must be American. Why is it that you guys think that you have the right to overthrow and instill your values on the rest of the world? I meet you guys all over and it blows my mind how you think you have the right to decide what is right and wrong in the world. Have you guys ever looked in the mirror? My god you guys are a s@@@ show! Being on vacation right now sitting in a pool listening to you yanks talk solidifies my opinion. You need to check your selves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join