It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to end Support for Syrian Terrorists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This just keeps getting better and better

Donald Trump signifies he will end US support for Syrian rebels despite their pleas to him for help President-elect appears to reiterate his position that an alliance with Syrian and Russian governments to defeat Isis is his preferred way forward in the Syrian conflict

Personally I think this is a step in the right direction, his reaffirming of his common-sense position (help Syria fight the terrorists) at this stage makes me all the more hopeful that he'll actually carry through with it.

American support, either directly or through proxy, for islamist terrorist groups has helped prolong this most dreadful of wars.

Hopefully without a continuous supply of US-made weapons and equipment the terrorists will become less and less able to continue their war against Syria and her people.

Of course the terrorists have made outreaches to Trump after he won the election, presumably this is what led him to reaffirming his stance on this issue.

source

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Like it or not the government in Syria is a legitimate one, and there are other, better ways to bring about change, diplomatic, economic, etc.

Without someone to continue the Obama policies ISIS will fade away, without US made weapons and funds they cannot continue.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good!

I'm tired of my friends getting deployed to these hell holes just to help the enemy kill them.

No more support for Middle Eastern savages.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Good!

I'm tired of my friends getting deployed to these hell holes just to help the enemy kill them.

No more support for Middle Eastern savages.

Worth repeating. I hope every veteran on this site copies it back to the thread in its entirety.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Pull everything out and stay the hell out of the middle east. Let them tear each other apart. More than enough problems here at home that need fixed instead of meddling with people that are not going to change their ways. They've been doing it for ages and are not about to stop any time soon.

Edit: No matter which side we choose to help over there it will breed hate from the opposing side. It's a no win scenario.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Thank goodness! This was one of the reasons I was in the Never Hillary camp! Thankfully he's making good on this position!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It will do a lot to shore up oil prices when Iran's proxies start destabilizing Saudi Arabia and our other allies in the region, like Yemen.

Then Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the like will fund another group more vicious than ISIS to create a buffer between them and Iran. Then the world is going to have more terrorist in country lashing out like in Paris, Belgium, etc.

We shouldn't have ever gotten involved in the first place, but committing resources to help stabilize and bring back a balance to the region would be a wise thing to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The only way I would be happier with this story is if he just supports the Russians verbally. That way someone else's taxes get used for the middle east.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes.. thankgod yes...

I heard Obama has also said he can no longer deal with the devil and is ramping up drone assaults and military activities in Syria.

could we really be turning a corner here? could the people have really won?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"We do not negotiate with terrorists"... my ass Obama and Bush.

I support Trumps direction in this matter just like most of the other levelheaded well informed ATS members. We know full well who is supporting ISIS and we never agreed with it for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

They All Need to Be Terminated With Extreme Prejudice . Maybe Mr. Trump needs to talk to Arnold for some Advice.........)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't know about this...

Hillary was stopped in her tracks. That's great, but let's not get delusional.

If Trump tries to support the Syrian, Russian or Iranian governments, he would be leaving himself wide open for a massive pie in his face.

Trump's new found allies will be "caught" doing something unimaginably inhuman. Could Trump be impeached for that too? Conspiring with a brutal dictator in mass murder? I mean the military industrial complex conspires in brutal mass murder all the time, but if Trump's not their guy, how easy would it be to create a compromising situation for Trump if he makes any sudden moves in the ME?
edit on pSat, 12 Nov 2016 21:53:02 -06002016 002Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:53:02 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSaturday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I wish the media would report properly on this. I really do, if they presented this news article with as much ghusto as the Trump protests the people would listen and come together.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

It would be great if the actual moderate non-religious Syrians being trained by the US and our allies got more support or the mission had the right objective in overthrowing Assad to get more people behind them to become a formidable force.

We've already seen the Iran backed Houthis attempt to overthrow Yemen. The Saudi's and such have stated they funded ISIS in response to Obama's foreign policy. So what are out Gulf State allies response going to be to Trump's foreign policy?

Especially when the optics make it look like Trump is supporting Assad and Iran.

It's nice to say "oh let's just not do this anymore", but that action is going to have a reaction. If someone has some better ideas lets hear them.

ETA:

Radical Islam and violent Jihad isn't going away and they are going to continue to attack all countries. A military solution while necessary to counter violent jihad at the present moment, we need solutions to counter the mindset and scale back the actions that bread more terrorists.
edit on 12-11-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

President Obama has ordered the Pentagon to find and kill the leaders of an al-Qaeda-linked group in Syria that the administration had largely ignored until now and that has been at the vanguard of the fight against the Syrian government, U.S. officials said.

The decision to deploy more drones and intelligence assets against the militant group formerly known as Jabhat al-Nusra reflects Obama’s concern that it is turning parts of Syria into a new base of operations for al-Qaeda on Europe’s southern doorstep, the officials said.

Washington Post

This is the main group we have been supporting. Another site said the Order had been written up the prior to the election and was implemented the day after. Can't find the site now.

It seems to me Obama is trying to preempt Trump and get the legacy for himself.

Personally I don't care who does it as long as it is done.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Without someone to continue the Obama policies ISIS will fade away, without US made weapons and funds they cannot continue.

Unless someone deals with the huge convoy lines of ISIS taker trucks selling their oil to Turkey they will have plenty of money to carry on their evil deeds.

So, work with Russia and the present government of Syria to turn off the oil supply and stop Turkey (and others) from buying/loading tankers with ISIS captured oil.. Turkey will squeal like a stuck pig as will others (some in our own government IMO) if Trump and his policies can do this. All of this is a very dangerous time for anyone who wants to go against the NWO and their dreams of CIAos. I wish him luck and success but I fear there is a bullet/drug/poison with his name on it ....I DO Hope sincerely my imaginary crystal ball wrong...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree with your post from last week 100%. Furthermore, I feel the entire MSM has purposely tried to depict the Syrian conflict as "very complicated" as a way to push the notion that the U.S. public should just assume that we're there "fighting terrorists."

Meanwhile if anyone actually read up on nearly any alternative source of news for 5 minutes it becomes painfully obvious what's truly going on.

We FULLY support ISIS. Always have. We arm them, train them, supply them. And why? Because we want Assad out of power to build the natural gas pipeline to benefit the west.

Period. End of story. Not complicated.

Just muddled in BS.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Our mere presence there only breeds more jihad. I for one can't think of many ways besides pulling completely out and let them fizzle out. A complete cutoff of all arms and munitions coming in would stifle their ability to wage war. Personally I don't see many ways to fix their issues over there. You start wiping out ISIS in mass numbers and it only strengthen their cause. The son of a fallen ISIS fighter will likely take up arms against us simply for the death of his father. It just keeps feeding itself like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

The problem is they aren't going to fizzle out.

Assad is hardly going after ISIL because ISIL isn't after Damascus. ISIL is an apocalyptic death cult they have a clear objective and are fanatics. They aren't going to stop until someone makes them stop.

Russia and Assad are leveling Aleppo right now which is occupied mostly by Al Nursa. Russia and Assad's objective has nothing to do with ISIL. ISIL is not attacking the Syrian regime. Russia and Assad are trying to reclaim territory for the Syrian Regime.

Should we be supporting Al Nursa? Even by indirectly supplying them certain weapons? No we shouldn't, but they are the most capable force in Syria right now. Had somebody not tipped Putin off to the plan to train moderate non-religious Syrian's to go after Assad it'd be a different situation in Syria right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join