It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Civil War in ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

True.

Perhaps what we're seeing on ATS might be a symptom of what is going on in the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

www.yourdictionary.com...

subvert (sub·vert)
verb

Subvert is defined as to overthrow, destroy or undermine.
An example of to subvert is to defeat the enemy by causing the enemy soldiers to believe that their leaders are corrupt.

in a sentence:
Oligarchs are trying to subvert a nation by indoctrinating its people with secularist beliefs.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Heh, my strongest form of anti-Obama protest in 2008 was simple to not watch him be inaugurated on the TV when all my coworkers were. I kept working. When my boss asked me why, I just said that I thought people were putting too much on his shoulders, and I could always see it later on.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
This is about Trump? Damn. I thought it was about which way to put the toilet paper on the roll, over or under. Oh well. On with my day.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

CranialSponge to the rescue:

Civil war thwarted !

Whew.... that was a close one.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Prepare to be flamed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You got it wrong. It's about po-tay-to v. po-tah-to!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: CranialSponge
Prepare to be flamed.

Considering your screen name,I find you being the first to respond to Cranial hilarious XD

OP, you and I, and many others, and stuck in the middle of a bunch of petulant children in a tit-for-tat s#-flinging war. Call it for what it is, a flying fecal matter war, not civil. On the bright side, there is indeed a silver lining, at least online. It just made it incredibly easy to see who isn't worth a split second's worth of our time, regardless of political slants.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As complex as it all is, it honestly can be reduced to a pretty simple concept without losing the overall truth...

Things are getting bad for everyone - across the board ( with very, very, very few exceptions ) and we're all left not to just notice it - but to be directly and often profoundly effected by it. We're all afraid of losing what we've got - and many of us honestly and truly are with each passing day. The prices of nearly everything are high and rising. Wages are stagnant. Job security is just about a dead concept. Home ownership is down. Unemployment is up.

Long story short... as a younger man I would joke and say "Well... there's always Ramen if things go bad..."

Now I walk through the grocery store saying "Oh. Goodie. They've raised the price of Ramen again. What's cheaper than Ramen now..."

The civil war we're seeing is people reacting, all over, to these truths - but blaming different groups for the problem.

Some say that social services - welfare and the so-called "nanny state" are to blame, and they fight HARD to try and prevent further decay and economic erosion.

Others have a different view and feel that corporations and the incredibly wealthy are the problem.

From that one difference of opinion, I think all the rest rises.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh and people who put their toilet paper in the "under" position are soulless monsters.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There isn't much you can do with a radical and infantile gang of spoiled punks.

They refuse to leave the crib.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Call it for what it is, a flying fecal matter war

All the more reason to have plenty of toilet paper.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey people I think it might be a gas to check back with the John Titor thread..........
It seems that things are progressing somewhat as he outlined......
If so, Civil war is what it will take to protect the constitution from debasement.
Personally, im short on ammo, but im ready to go up against the cabal any day.....

If we don't cut the corruption out of government, the lobbying, the bribes,the murders for political gain....
If we don't strangle the corporate bid for world control......our eventual doom is upon us.
Weve spent our lifetimes being herded like cattle in directions most harmful to mankind, but extremely profitable for the corporatocracy.
Till I see some honesty and common sense in those who rule, im up for taking them down any way we can.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I genuinely feel like we've been having two different arguments during this election all along.

We're like a family in a burning house and some members are busy screaming that they want to dye their hair purple, pierce their nipples, drink soy milk and not eat meat and have all those life choices not only validated but approved or even adopted by all the rest.

They other half of the family is saying ... but the house is burning, shouldn't we put out the fire first?

Now that the election is done, I feel like one group is trying to organize a bucket brigade and saying, OK, let's get the fire out.

But the other group is screaming even louder "Now we'll never, never ever get to dye our hair and it might even get shaved off!"

And the first group watches bewildered and says, "But we just want to put out the fire ... Wait! What are you doing with that gasoline?"
edit on 13-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

I don't expect it to "disappear." I know it's not going to, but I didn't expect this national flagellation, either. Nothing has happened yet and you'd think they were being rounded up and horse-whipped.

They are comparing it to 9/11 in emotional tragedy. 9 - freakin' - 11! Colleges are bringing in therapy dogs and creating counseling sessions. Profs are cancelling sessions because they are too emotionally disturbed to carry on ...

Do you know what my day was on 9 - freakin' - 11? I was teaching 8th grade. I was basically told to man up and stop up those tears and everything else and control a classroom of inner city 8th grade kids and try to explain to them what was going on all day! There was no ... "We understand your extreme emotional distress and trauma, Ms. Ketsuko, please go home and we'll cancel the day."

We've been coddling this behavior for 8 years now and enabling it. Imagine the explosion had we elected Hillary and given it another 4 years of incubation before disillusionment?

What ever you feel about what should happen, this is society now. There's no one you can vote in and no policies you can help enact to change it. The old guard is on its way out.

Trump is the last gasp of that. All that remains to be seen is whether or not Trump will try to unite people through compromise and leadership, or continue being divisive for the political capital it gives him personally, and country be damned. I know which one my money is on. But we'll see.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So society is now into throwing grand tantrums when it doesn't get what it wants?

How far we have fallen and exactly why the 2nd Amendment was installed.
edit on 13-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd blame the media for that perception. I interact with a fair number of liberals and to be honest none of them are engaging in personality politics - they're all issue driven policy wonks.

But since there are some people who exist only in the realm of personality politics - the group generically referred to as "SJW" they end up dominating the news cycle... and both the narrative and conversation.

They're no different than the extremists on the far right.

Re your phrasing: I think that some of the things many see as "life choices" aren't really so. Gay rights for example.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
People tend to think that revolution is a good thing.

That the civil war will bring about a better result.

No one think about their "side" ever losing or things getting even worse.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So society is now into throwing grand tantrums when it doesn't get what it wants?

How far we have fallen and exactly why the 2nd Amendment was installed.

Were the protests in the 1960's just tantrums? Was the Stonewall protest a tantrum? Was the Boston Tea Party just a tantrum? I get that you want to view the people protesting as entitled arrogant children but that view is simplistic at best.

These are Americans that are far from happy about the direction their country has gone. It has nothing to do with "free stuff" or "safe spaces" or whatever buzzwords people use to try to delegitimize the people protesting right now. It stems from a literal translation of Trumps words up to this point. The anger felt is just as real as the anger felt by the people in the protests I mentioned above. Talking down to them like children will only make it worse and cause more division.

Do you really believe a 2nd amendment solution is what should be carried out on Americans protesting? A la Kent state?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The problem is its not over.

The electoral college still has to vote. And that is the reason for it all.

If you run an election campaign on emotions then what can you expect when it is over?

The lines drawn, the sides chosen... no Happy Thanksgiving this year. Just anger and resentment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join