It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Civil War in ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

Common ground means compromise.

Huh??? Common ground is where you agree so there is no need compromise!

When you're at war, "compromise" means you're losing.

As opposed to the losing game of divide-and-conquer?

I don't want eternal war. I want a treaty that works for everyone. That requires give and take -- not a dictatorship. Compromise -- not a sellout.

I'm very hopeful that Trump seems to know the art of the deal, and hopefully that winning the peace is at least as important as winning the war.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: DBCowboy

which side of ATS is freeing the slaves?

the North side.

duh.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Write a treaty.

Be Switzerland.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's the same Civil War all over the net via social media. The same war brewed with the MSM and politicians from both parties. The elites want to conquer and divide, create chaos to capitalize on. The right wing love to attack and demonize liberals, minorities, and of course Muslims. Constant attacks which fuel the divide and now we very well may have come to the end of a great plan by the elites to completely split the nation.

The absolute worst person for the Oval Office has been elected and his supporters turn a blind eye to every terrible thing he's done and said. The Left are sick and tired of the lies, deflecting, excuse making, and defending from the Right. The boiling point has been reached and if anyone thinks Trump protests will stop anytime soon, well think again. Consider this to kinda be our Arab Spring but it's attention is directed are the wrong person, or should I say people.

The elites want us divided on Trump and they got it. Expect terrible things from the US gov't in the future because while people are blinded by partisan politics the elites will continue to grab more power and trample our rights.

If you all don't stop only playing for one party you're part of the problem. DNC AND RNC both completely corrupt. You people think Trump is gonna drain the swamp? Just wait and watch him not drain a god damn thing. What does get drained is our constitution and voice.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
While you ignore me I enter your house and eat your cookies...

OK Tremorator. But if you pilfer my kippers or start throwing my
smoked oysters into the canvas duffel, I'll find you and make you
watch all three incarnations of "Carrie". And no beer and popcorn.

I'm a little irked personally with the mood in ATS sometimes.
When some complete stranger starts doing more than taking your
argument apart because there's GOT to be something wrong with [U]
for disagreeing with [me] or worse [US] it's time to say "You know,
I can't remember if Travolta actually OWNED that '66 Chevelle in
'Carrie'. I should call and ask him first, or the crowd will tar and
feather me for being a brainless twit."
Maybe it was a '67. Then I'd be boiled in oil for damned sure.

Just trying to maintain script continuity-- but when arguments
get granular enough in hair-splitting, we forget how unimportant
the movie 'Carrie' was to our personal development. While at the
same time LBJ had already said the war in Viet Nam was unwinnable
for example. Or more examples of noise disguising the important stuff.
My eye is on no prize, for I is lobotomized.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Except I'm not a party person. I'm an issues person.

I don't like illegal immigration. I believe in the value of the 2nd Amendment (along with the rest of the COTUS). I tend to be pro-life. I do believe there is an American culture, rather than a nation of multiple other cultures.

I think the government's job is to secure the nation and let the people secure themselves and live their own lives, not tell us how to live our lives.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: jhn7537

which side of ATS is freeing the slaves?

the North side.

duh.

Ok, I'm on the "good" side then! Phewww

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I would have voted Obama, I think, in 2008 but had changed districts too late to vote. Never would have voted for him in 2012 and when he won I felt so much dread, as did other americans.

Thing is, I don't recall anyone taking to the streets or threatening violence. We accepted the will of the majority and got on with our lives.

Different time in america just 4 years ago.

Peace all. We just need to move on.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The real problem is Americans have lost or never had an identity, which is why they deperately cling to ideologies as a way to define themselves. And any opinions outside their groups ideals are seen as an attack on ones identity.

American identity used to be family, hard work, self reliance, basic morals and other constructive concepts. These have been torn apart and replaced by fabricated "moral" codes (liberal, conservative).

Basically, America is having an identity crisis. Though its not the only country experiencing this.

Im not saying to have no opinions on politics, im just saying this is why people are losing their # over it instead of being more objective.

edit on 12-11-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I will admit that when Obamacare passed I did cry on my husband's shoulder because I felt that much dread over what it was going to do, but once I got that out of my system, I went on with it. Nothing else to do really.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In another thread I promise no more negativity from me toward other members or President Trump until his 100 days are up.

I'm tired of this sh1t. I have work to do...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
In another thread I promise no more negativity from me toward other members or President Trump until his 100 days are up.

I'm tired of this sh1t. I have work to do...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's really a good idea.

It was an unbelievable election experience.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nah, criticize his policies. Feel free. That's what discussion is.

Poke fun at his speech mannerisms. I think we all will, and let's be honest ... how can you not? They are YUUUGE and bigly funny.

And if he publically gets caught kicking a puppy or drowning kittens, then call him a bastard because he's earned it.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Change starts in the schools, which includes putting cultural marxism on the back-burner, and allowing for a more balanced approach to academia.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not trying to be an a##hole to anyone (even though I have been lately) and I don't want this to be interpreted as an attack on anyone, because it isn't.

The liberalism in society that you thought would magically disappear once Trump won, isn't going anywhere. This is society now, and it will be in the future. Even though Donald Trump promised you he could take you back in time, its not possible. Time only moves in one direction. As was said in the OP, you can't unring a bell.

As crazy as you thought liberals were under Obama and would have been under Hillary, it looks like they're about to get worse under Trump. Way worse.

If it had been any other candidate besides Trump, I doubt things would be so vitriolic. But that's who we're stuck with. It may not seem like it, but the pendulum still has a long way to swing to the left before coming back.

Trump isn't some magic card you can play and change the game. The game now is the game now.

I'll try not to be such an a##hole from now on, but it might be hard as funny as Trump is to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I consider myself a liberal, and I voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't expect it to "disappear." I know it's not going to, but I didn't expect this national flagellation, either. Nothing has happened yet and you'd think they were being rounded up and horse-whipped.

They are comparing it to 9/11 in emotional tragedy. 9 - freakin' - 11! Colleges are bringing in therapy dogs and creating counseling sessions. Profs are cancelling sessions because they are too emotionally disturbed to carry on ...

Do you know what my day was on 9 - freakin' - 11? I was teaching 8th grade. I was basically told to man up and stop up those tears and everything else and control a classroom of inner city 8th grade kids and try to explain to them what was going on all day! There was no ... "We understand your extreme emotional distress and trauma, Ms. Ketsuko, please go home and we'll cancel the day."

We've been coddling this behavior for 8 years now and enabling it. Imagine the explosion had we elected Hillary and given it another 4 years of incubation before disillusionment?

edit on 12-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here Here ms Ketsuko. Well spoken.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks Nah! the lefty's parade is off the rails. And a counter revolution is always more energized and severe than the original push. Watch how these "Snowflakes" get hammered. Obama is on his way out, and once Trump takes over, and appoints a real Att. General, easily approved by the Repub. Senate, it's "Katie bar the Door". Trump is smart enough to pull this off. California Politicians are no better than Civil War Copperheads. They stayed out of that fracas, but now its ground zero for them. What the Feds can club you with are charges for supporting Terrorism. If you trip over junior's home made bombs, then you are guilty too. If you know junior is hoarding guns and ammo, when he goes on a shooting spree, you can be charged with felony murder. San Bernardino and Linden, N.J. are a couple of examples.

I had to submit to facial recognition before coming back to the U.S. on July 15th, from Amsterdam. This is morphing very quickly, and Trump's A.G. will have this ability by next Summer. You can recognize people in this way, from photos taken years earlier. I've had my current U.S. Passport, since I got it for a Safari in 2012. No problemo!

You better believe that every Soros bus load of thugs, has been recorded and stored. The Portland, Ore. shooters have been tagged as Gang Bangers, but that wounded rioter, is in the drink also. With ginned up ICE, those illegals won't be nearly so ready to admit that they were involved.

edit on 12-11-2016 by carpooler because: spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've seen some nastiness here, for sure, but at the end of the day it's just words on a screen. The vast majority of us do not know each other in real life, so it should not have that much of an impact, I would think.

If some of you live in places where you have to deal with this nonsense in reality, however, that's a different story. I'm quite surprised that people are still going crazy over this 4 or 5 days later, but I'm confident that there are not too many, if any, ATS members out on the streets acting like fools. Talking about it on a message board, sure, but I doubt anyone here is breaking windows and such.

My state overwhelmingly voted for Hillary. By a huge margin. But even the next day, no one was upset about it. No protesting, no arguing, just a few people at work saying, "Well, how about Trump, huh?" Just moving on, because everyone understood that there was nothing that could be done about it.

Very lucky to live where I do, but I feel for those who have to deal with this in their actual daily lives. I'm amazed it's still going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join