It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Left Turns on Oprah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Keep doing that. It helps with the repudiation of all that is wrong with political discourse in this country.

You know, with all the hateful speech that came from Donald Trump that has surfaced during this election cycle, in order for the rightfully offended and fearful people and to move on, statements from our leaders and role models that assert that sexual harassment and bullying is unacceptable behavior, and we a nation don't condone it, or see it as a path for success. We admonish and denounce this behavior and ask Donald Trump to do so too, so that we can move on, clearly knowing what is and what is not acceptable behavior in dealing with divisive issues.

We can't just pretend these things were never said. Trump's victory is not a mandate to bully.

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Trump on Oprah talking about running for president many years ago:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sadly, It feels that way to my friends in minority groups.

People won't believe me (ive tried sharing before) but my openly gay friends and black friends have been having a harder time as of late. People apparently feel more emboldened to act openly racist or bigoted with a Trump win.

It's sad.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don't see that as an unreasonable request and I fully expect he will address the nation on these points. If he ultimately doesn't, I will stand with the voices who criticize him for it.

But what is happening right now in response by much of the left cedes any moral high ground they might have claimed. The madness needs to stop.

Moreover, people need to realize that much of what has been ascribed to Trump has been carefully crafted to fan the flames of dissent. We are being manipulated. Period.

Enough is enough.

edit on 12-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Enough is enough.

It feels that way. Have you ever surfed, or body surfed, and been caught in a set of white water waves? You just keep getting tumbled, over and over, and when you can come up for a breath of air, that's all you can do before you get pulled back under and tumbled. Fighting it is futile, trying to see where you are is futile, the only thing that's important is catching that breath.

Enough is enough? Tell it the next wave. It's right behind you!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oprah is a part of the Bilderberg Group. If she in fact endorses Trump, then I may have to reevaluate my position and increase the scrutiny by which I hold him accountable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Then to extend your analogy further, let me extend my hand to pull you up.

We don't need to politically agree on anything, other than our commitment to live peacefully together as Americans and to find common ground where we can.

edit on 12-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Then to extend your analogy further, let me extend my hand to pull you up.

Thanks for the offer! But, unless you can walk on (white) water, or unless you toss a sturdy life line from outside of the swells, I must wait for the ocean to spit me out!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Your reply really saddens me.

If two people on a message board can't agree to the simple commitment to see past the differences and work towards the commonalities, then what hope do we have the nation will heal itself?

Crazy and disappointing times.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's not a disagreement. It's the reality of the metaphor. We can't work on "commonalities" until we're safe and on dry ground.

Nobody within the white water whirlpool can save its victims. The victims must either be saved by a miracle or by a calculated effort coming from solid bearings, or they must wait for things to eventually subside.

Not everybody drowns in a white water wipe out!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Good clip. Thank-you! You don't realize how active Donald Trump has been in various facets of American Society, until these videos start cropping up.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Sadly, It feels that way to my friends in minority groups.

People won't believe me (ive tried sharing before) but my openly gay friends and black friends have been having a harder time as of late. People apparently feel more emboldened to act openly racist or bigoted with a Trump win.

It's sad.

We keep hearing this from people but where were you denouncing the open racism against whites from institutional sources for many years now.

Are there kids being taught in schools that blacks are evil? Oh know, that is only whites that are evil that is taught in almost every higher education institution.

Do blacks get shouted down as racist when they vote for one candidature in large numbers? Nope just whites.

The numbers don't lie, black people have been violent toward white people in recent history in far greater numbers than vice versa. So should whites be pointing out the harder time they have been having?

Oh no, you would consider that racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So wait, Oprah was trying to do the high road thing? Not be a total tool? That's surprising. The SJW's berating her for it is to be expected. Imagine somewhere they're called her things like an 'auntie tom'.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh please! Whose playing the victim card now?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join