It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Left Turns on Oprah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Celebs Scorn Oprah for Saying ‘Hope Lives’ After Trump Election: ‘Don’t You Dare’

Celebrities took to Twitter Friday and trashed talk show host Oprah Winfrey for saying President-elect Donald Trump and President Barack Obama’s White House meeting gave her “hope.”

“I just saw President-elect Trump with President Obama in the White House, and it gave me hope,” Winfrey told Entertainment Tonight. “To hear President-elect Trump say that he had respect for President Obama, it felt that he had reached a moment where he was actually humbled by that experience. To hear President Obama say that he has renewed confidence in the peaceful transition, I think everybody can take a deep breath.”

And, indeed, Winfrey’s positive remarks about Trump were met with outrage among her Hollywood counterparts...

I wonder how long before many on the left start openly repudiating the extremist in their camp? Would be a welcome sight.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

They have All been Sheep Dipped into the Grand Lie . Do not Expect them to See the " Light " of Reason until that Drug Wears Off .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This is all posturing with Oprah playing her role reading her script.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I for one didn't need any evidence of how the majority of our country has lost it's mind, but seeing as it's all around us now in various situations, we're most likely all insane...

Rest assured, we're just batshat crazy~!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok I think I'm done.... Wait!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ok I'm done... Remember, We're all Crazy!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hope never dies but hope is an emotion of expectations.

Trump is around too many depraved operators of greed to foster hope.

He will create destruction through these people

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Looks like Breitbart had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find those 'celeb' tweets. Other than Patton Oswalt, I have no idea who the other celebs are.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Progressives are eating each other (metaphorically)!

Seriously though, I hope the TRUE liberals categorically reject Progressivism so that we can return to an era of rational and sane public discourse WITHOUT demonization of the other side.

Neither Conservatism nor Liberalism are "morally" wrong and have pros and cons. We need to recognize that our opponents' views have valid points which must be acknowledged and also recognize that our views have certain shortcomings which must be overcome.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135
The Progressives are eating each other (metaphorically)!

Seriously though, I hope the TRUE liberals categorically reject Progressivism so that we can return to an era of rational and sane public discourse WITHOUT demonization of the other side.

Neither Conservatism nor Liberalism are "morally" wrong and have pros and cons. We need to recognize that our opponents' views have valid points which must be acknowledged and also recognize that our views have certain shortcomings which must be overcome.

I Agree . American Liberalism , with All it's Good Intentions for Humanity , has been Hijacked by a Group of People who use it as a Mask to Hide and Accomplish their Selfish Political Ends . In this Case , Revolution , and the Destruction of Personal Freedoms in this Country . Political Correctness is just another Name for Totalitarianism .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Yeah, Patton Oswald. Hardly a 'celeb' as the headline would suggest. And that other name, I haven't a clue.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Many on the Left don't give Oprah a passing thought.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It was sort of a hopeful meeting. I was surprised they spent so much time together. I am not sure I will run around and shout Hope Lives! though. Not quite ready for that.

A lot of people look up to Oprah, though, and she in in a position where she should not sound divisive. I don't have a problem with Oprah saying that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Many on the Left don't give Oprah a passing thought.

That is also true, I don't really think about Oprah. I haven't watched her show in over 10 years. I think I watched snippets of interviews like with Lindsay Lohan on Youtube. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oprah is a sell out! Has been for quit some time now, but when she bought Weight Watchers and then did those dumb commercials, "I Love Bread".........oh my God! The phony....

She's always been a fat girl that's represented personal empowerment through self acceptance. 1st problem, it's programs like Weight Watchers that feeds off of people's weight insecurity, and I do realize that diet and exercise are important, and Weight Watchers isn't intrinsically bad, or anything, but........

Then this, "I have hope".....when this guy Donald Trump objectifies women, right and left, complains about their weight, their faces....and brags about sexual deviance and assault......

No Oprah, you should have first denounced and called him out on his terrible track record, and then said "Maybe there's hope...Could be...."

But NO! Oprah! You're a milk toast a sell out!

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wow. Anger much?

Keep doing that. It helps with the repudiation of all that is wrong with political discourse in this country.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No, I'm not angry. I'm just trying to explain why the LEFT turned on Oprah long ago.

AND...yeah, she should have denounced Trump's antic, EVERYBODY SHOULD!, (Don't you agree?)... for the sake of the people that look up to her as a role model.

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Great OP as usual, Loam. Bumped for content and intent.
I saw the comment by Oprah as an acknowledgment of
Trump's willing to work with everyone-- and the left is
taking no time in branding it extremism. Pot meet pipe.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm not an Oprah fan, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Sad, but not surprising, that someone would attack her for this. I hope the list stays short.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Take a look at what Wil Wheaton's been carrying on about.

While I agree on a basic level with him, I'm no where near as hysterical as him.

Check it out on his website

That photo of him with his head in his hands? Wow, yeah...okay.

You guys here can hurl insults and whatnot at me -- but I'm not THAT bad *points at Wil Wheaton* .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that everyone other than myself is bat sh*t insane. That said. The one hope I truly have for the results after this election is this: that since the Republican party was already in tatters and, the Democratic party is eating itself has it's want to do. After this we'll move past this two party BS. This divide of red and blue makes it as though the world is black and white. It would be a major societal leap of evolution if we abandon this archaic system.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Thanks, and indeed. And as you know well from my posting history during the Bush years, I vehemently opposed the politics of personal destruction that administration unleashed on the nation, only to see it bested by the next administration.

Americans need to wake up and reject any attack that diminishes attempts at consensus between opposing views.

We are all Americans first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join