It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife extending offer to local Muslim women makes waves.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

She wrote to the Mosque through their facebook page.

I see what you're saying, and will pass it along.

I don't know the ins and outs of business law and I appreciate you're input. This is why I made the post. To get a little more insight into the situation.

thanks again

ETA: I'm really not trying to be pro-muslim, or anti-trump, or anti-white here. This is about my wife feeling that a minority in town is possibly feeling threatened. And she would do the same for any group of people, regardless of skin color, socioeconomic status, or religion or creed. She's just trying to bridge a gap that is present in the community.
edit on 12-11-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I see what you're saying. I'm sure she would be upset, but then again, she's trying to come from a place of love and understanding here. I'll also iterate that we do not practice any religion.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Okay, so say something were to happen like a church being vandalized. Presbyterian, what have you, and she offered a free service to pastor's wife would anyone have a problem with it?

My wife didn't state what salon she worked at in the offer. And the owner did not state fear of a lawsuit, it didn't come up in conversation. My wife isn't outspoken at work and doesn't engage in the political banter. I understand the legal ramifications and have informed her of them.

Again, Thanks for the input guys.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Okay, so say something were to happen like a church being vandalized. Presbyterian, what have you, and she offered a free service to pastor's wife would anyone have a problem with it?

My wife didn't state what salon she worked at in the offer. And the owner did not state fear of a lawsuit, it didn't come up in conversation. My wife isn't outspoken at work and doesn't engage in the political banter. I understand the legal ramifications and have informed her of them.

Again, Thanks for the input guys.

In any of those cases, if you want to do something special . . . then do so. But (and a big but) advertise extensively, say a large ad in the local paper. Say what the special is for (especially if only certain people receive a discount) and specify a defined time period (one week, one month, etc). Better yet, no discounts but put out (say on your facebook ) that 10% of all profits this week are going to so and so church or mosque because of their hardships.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Sadly, I think if your wife is in any way beholden to the owner of the salon for employment, she probably will have to respect the wishes of her employer.

If she wanted to give a discounted/free nail service on her own time though ... I don't see how the employer would be able to stop her.

If she's using space (even if she rents it) from someone who disapproves of this, she probably has to follow their rules.

I think it's a great gesture and to be applauded, but sadly this country just isn't at the point yet where these things are possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Tell your wife thank you for being such a decent person in this political climate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join