It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collectivism is the real enemy, provided we don't swing too far to Authoritarianism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Carl Jung once said that the only way to enter the fray with one's whole being, is to throw off the massman by having a working theological framework that's formative and functional. (paraphrased).

With the recent political upset in the USA, all these ideas are really starting to surface.

Amid all the finger pointing and all the demonization and the rallying against what amount to caricatures of human beings, it's important, even vital to look deeper at the underlying systemic causes and effects of what ails us.

In the following presentation by G. Edward Griffin, I think that we are given a type of blueprint for the overthrow of the "elite's" collectivist mindset as the point of leverage by which they "rule" over the masses, while employing the MSM as their principal propaganda arm via a conglomerate of Big Media companies that really ought to be broken up and forced to be more accountable, more objective and more competitive in the viewpoints that are being offered the public for consumption.

Maybe it really is "An Idea Whose Time Has Come!"...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Re: The swing to authoritarianism.

In this area, the answer is simple. We must all come to power in one form or another.

We are responsible. We cannot look to leaders as father figures and expect them alone to solve our problems, except maybe to the degree that they are able to clear the way in order to generate a better environment and context to live into, as high performance individuals and as active historical participants of change and transformation.

In striking and continuing working to restrike the right balance in these areas, we have to watch the pendulum as it swings back the other way that it doesn't go too far in the other direction, where a staunch individualism doesn't recognize the necessity of mutuality and love; where it's all just me me me I I I and where in order to "win" someone has to "lose".

No man is an island and at some level we are our brother's keeper, but, that can be misused and abused of course that very idea, as some sort of mandate for a top-down Collectivism, which undermines the cause of individual civil Liberty, Freedom and Justice for all because it inevitably introduces a type of class warfare and the stratification of Civilization along class lines, between the haves and the have nots, for whom it gives the permission and authority to view as a mass of people and not as individuals with high performance capabilities to really be AT CAUSE in the health and well being of a Civil Society.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
At around the 1 hour and 10 minute mark, he introduces the idea of Nationalism via a sort of hijacked patriotism which makes of the State a type of idolatry.

To that I'd like to offer this quote, by a German born American Psychologist by the name of Erich Fromm

“Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. ''Patriotism'' is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by ''patriotism'' I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one's own nation, which is the concern with the nation's spiritual as much as with its material welfare /never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one's country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.”

That right there is another very important distinction to make.

It is not collectivist however, even as a love for everyone the whole world over, whereby love may be defined as: the will, to give of one's self for the sake of one's own AND the other's well being. After all we cannot give out of what we do not already have to begin with.

So the loving concern is as much with the other as the self, without any desire to dominate, where Virtue itself could be thought of as power, restrained for the sake and cause of love.

new topics

join