It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Your Silly Petition is Meaningless, Time for America to Grow Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
What goes Around , Comes Around , This Is Life .

Immature and vindictive at best.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: whyamIhere

Thug bullies?

How about demanding for 8 years that Obama is a gay Muslim from Kenya? That's a bully-ish stance to take.

How about taking over a federal building with armed thugs? That's a bully-ish thing to do.

I don't even want to hear it, I reject your reality.

Never once was there a violent anti-Obama riot.

I am addressing the violence. It's ignorant.

I wish someone could channel their violence, say like, on the front lines in Mosul.

Somewhere that it would do some good and they don't have to hold back.

Nah. People would shoot back and they can't fight fair.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
What goes Around , Comes Around , This Is Life .

Immature and vindictive at best.

Criminal at worst:

18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

source

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I just finished watching this guy about that very thing.

He goes through the "why it won't happen" pretty well and logically.

It's short with an F bomb, but no problem.

I've seen him before - quite a clever guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It doesn't matter what you do, from explaining to showing the law, people still can not understand what it means to have an election and choosing a candidate and that candidate becoming the winner, or a loser.

My generation and those before me knows how to accept the outcome of election and wait for the next term to try again.

The new generation are brought up in a new environment that they think they can disrespect while committing acts of violence as protests because they believe is within their limits of freedom of speech.

The reality of the stupidity that these generation is acting upon is going to bring them eventually into a reality that they will be hanging on their backs around them for their entire adult life.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

At last we can discuss numbers under Trump.

Unable to discuss the effectively ethnic cleansing of the states near Mexico border under your lot.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shipman
a reply to: Kettu

At last we can discuss numbers under Trump.

Unable to discuss the effectively ethnic cleansing of the states near Mexico border under your lot.

I'd love to see a migration and illegal immigration report by state. As the Democrats have been trying to change the demographics of red states over the years, I wonder have they targeted certain areas to help with elections?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

More bait?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I just finished watching this guy about that very thing.

He goes through the "why it won't happen" pretty well and logically.

It's short with an F bomb, but no problem.

I got 10 seconds into and had to shut it off.

He claims Soros is funding the protestors and that it's "fact".

Sorry, but that is 100% untrue. Apparently he's rejected reality and substituted his own.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

More bait?

???
I was referring to the protestors.
Especially the ones who are threatening violence.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was saying both sides need to grow up. I'm offended by the behavior of both the Left and the Right.

You are right though in that violent protesters and those who engage in vandalism and looting should be arrested. Treason does not apply though.

I don't think treason laws exactly apply though to this topic. Signing a petition is not criminal.

Now if the Electors actually do try to negate the election then I think sedition might apply. In that regard the petition is a waste of time. It's just sore losers getting it out of their system, but if they are expected to calm down, the Right needs to knock it off also.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was saying both sides need to grow up. I'm offended by the behavior of both the Left and the Right.

You are right though in that violent protesters and those who engage in vandalism and looting should be arrested. Treason does not apply though.

I don't think treason laws exactly apply though to this topic. Signing a petition is not criminal.

Now if the Electors actually do try to negate the election then I think sedition might apply. In that regard the petition is a waste of time. It's just sore losers getting it out of their system, but if they are expected to calm down, the Right needs to knock it off also.

Blaine,
I don't often find myself in awe but u are quite intellectually adept...

No point other than to say I appreciate a nimble mind who doesn't require moral relativism to justify his or her position...

You are a moralist like me --- whether u know it or not

-Chris

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Those are all a bunch of fake tweets aren't they.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I think we make the best out of the hand we are dealt if we are wise and we don't show our ignorance by acting like children in what should be adult topics like an elections results.

The sky is not falling and our futures under a changing system remain to be seen. It's a shame people can't work together and feel the need to engage in schoolyard bullying and behavior. We can't be calling others names while demanding they stop calling us names. Seems common sense to me.

Nice to meet you Chris.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks for your input...

Sorry if OP sounded angry.

Every time you lose you can't start a petition.

The lack of understanding how our system works.

It's down right scary.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It's down right scary.

I agree with that. It's the result of illiteracy to an extent, but mostly it's the result of the dog and pony show inciting people to forget themselves.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Abysha

Those are all a bunch of fake tweets aren't they.

You tell me?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks for your input...

Sorry if OP sounded angry.

It's down right scary.

You can start a petition any time you loose, people have that right. It's downright fascist to claim otherwise.

An unpopular petition won't get many signatures, so who cares? The only people upset or worried about this are the people who are afraid their Trump victory might slip away.

There's a big difference between "can" and "should".

Should people start a petition? Maybe not. Can they? Absolutely.

That's called freedom.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
It's downright fascist to claim otherwise.

You call someone fascist and you expect them to care about your opinion? WhyamIhere was quite reasonable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The left in this Country are acting like thug bullies.

You lost fair and square. So you sign a petition the change the results ?

You want to know why the polls showed Hillary in the lead.

Cause, if you dare to express that you like Donald Trump.

You were attacked. You didn't dare express you own free opinion.

Still days after a fair and free election you decide the winner "is not my President ".

Who the hell do you think you are ? You lost, your arrogance flows deep.

The people protesting are fools. They have the right to protest.

It doesn't make it right. Some selfish people should be ashamed of themselves.

America only works with the peaceful transfer of power.

The man has not even been sworn in.

Some of you are weak...

After Obama got reelected.

Oh, I get it...you're pointing out how Trump actually did something; acted (in a non-violent way) to correct what he saw as a travesty.

Thanks for posting your thoughts so eloquently!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join