It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals are more evolved than humans!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

A few years ago I was volunteering in some community gardens and kept coming across wood pigeons without their heads, I assumed it was some idiotic kid with an air rifle and a good shot.

I found about 7 pigeons, all died the same way. I later found out and witnessed that it was a rook (crow family) that was doing it. The thing was a mess, damaged beak and feathers sticking out all over. It was hunting wood pigeons and removing their heads. It was not hunting for food.

On several occasions it watched me gardening and made use of the easy food around, it had little fear. I could have petted the rook on several occasions.

So why was it killing? It wasn't stressed and had plenty of food available.
edit on 13-11-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Animals are more evolved than humans!

Well, obviously. Not one animal voted for Hilary nor Trump.

Of course, there could have been some gerrymandering a going on that put some farm animals into the mix. Can't put past those folks.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I couldn't tell you, honestly.

Rooks/crows can be territorial. They're also scavengers and they like to attack nests in order to get the eggs or baby birds. Maybe the rook felt like the pigeons were overpopulating the area? Maybe it was killing off the adults for their eggs? Seeing as how they're carrion birds, he was probably saving his kills for later. Maybe the pigeons were weak or still young...I don't know.

Do a little research on rooks attacking pigeons and you'll come across multiple accounts of people witnessing various black birds attacking pigeons. Though it is uncommon for them to attack full grown birds, it happens.

Either way, I doubt the bird was doing it for fun or sport or so he could mount the pigeon heads up on his wall for showing off to all his rook buddies.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I saw that as well.

Animals will kill you for no reason. All of them wild bunch. At least some humans wont.

Humans, I'd say, are pretty much the ONLY species that kill for pleasure rather than necessity. Lions may in fact be a wild bunch but aren't accustomed to hunting humans on a daily basis. Coming across one would be more interesting than threatening. Well, at first, I'm sure. Lol. But because of our evolved intelligence, hopefully you'd be smart enough to back your way out before he decided he might try you out for lunch.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

House cats kill for pleasure or pride. As an above poster mentioned a lion will kill you simply because you are there. The above link is proof alone, but if you prefer, i simply encourage you to Google house cats and killing. It's a scientifically proven fact they kill for fun or pleasure.

You are forgetting certain predators have an instinctual need to stalk, pounce and kill. It's not done out of spite or anger, it's simply the way they are.

edit on 13-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm not sure either but then again I've seen behavioural attitudes in animals that is similar to mental health in humans.

These were fully grown wood pigeons too, but yeah animals can act irrationally. There has been many cases of animals attacking for apparently no reason. As well as animals with vendettas against humans in general hunting us simply for the kill.

A good portion of animals kill their own species for various reasons other than territorial. Ultimately I'd say it's the more successful animals that partake in extracurricular killing if you will. Not unlike humans.

Meerkats and Hyenas partake in social culling and engage in warlike activity against their own species, of course survival has a place in it but the same argument could be said for the majority of humans killing each other.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm not sure either but then again I've seen behavioural attitudes in animals that is similar to mental health in humans.

Absolutely.

Rogue elephants and dolphins are great examples.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

What exactly are you trying to prove? In my posts I never argued against the instinctual need for a lion to hunt. In fact, that was my main point in the post you quoted. I specifically said humans are literally the only species that kills for pleasure. Which means, we go out of our way to hunt down and kill animals for fun. Out of necessity means doing it because we are forced to not because we want to see who gets the biggest buck. Necessity could also refer to the instinctual NEED to do it in order to survive.

I personally know someone who right now has a deep freezer full of deer and hog meat yet don't eat it or make efforts in trying to give it to people who would.

And not that it matters, but that link doesn't actually provide any kind of "scientific proof" stating Lions or felines in general kill for pleasure or pride.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My goodness you are hostile!

When a cat sits atop a groundhog hole, killing each and every one that pops is head up, not eating them after, it could easily be inferred it is doing it for fun or sport.

Humans are animals. It's only logical we share many of the same attributes.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I was once chased into Walmart by what were probably sparrows pecking at my head a couple years back. Seriously, screaming like that woman from Alfred Hitchcock's film "Birds". I was walking from one end to the next and heading into the entrance and they just flew down and i guess attacked me. I'm assuming they either thought I was too close to a nest or were attracted to my bright blonde hair shining in the sun. Lol.

Most likely they felt threatened by me, which caused an instinctual response. Flight or fight, I guess. My initial point was that humans literally have seasons dedicated to the pleasure, sport, competition, what ever you want to call it, of hunting and killing animals. Yea, a majority do eat the animals and don't waste it, but it's not something we are forced to do for survival
edit on 13-11-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And why is it you can go to youtube and see dozens, if not hundreds of videos of housecats torturing their prey?

They don't just kill, they main and then spend minutes pushing around, poking and prodding at mice, squirrels, and other small animals.

Because that's life. Animals are not good, evil or anything in between, they just are. I think you must hold them in some high regard where they are not capable of being 'animals'. I'm a huge animal lover and have pets, but i don't pretend there is some great, cosmic goodness in them all. Life feeds on life, and sometimes it's not pretty.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I didn't think I was being hostile at all, honestly. I'm sorry if you felt I was. I was only trying to help you understand that I was only trying to say that humans kill out of pleasure more than any other species.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
easy answer no. Humans are the most intellectually advanced.

And no again. As posters are ripping the OP a new one animals do a bunch of bad behavior attributed to only humans.

This is some twinkle eyed bologna. I am glad people like the OP exist, nice to get a fantastical starry eyed thread every once in a while.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Most likely they felt threatened by me, which caused an instinctual response. Flight or fight, I guess. My initial point was that humans literally have seasons dedicated to the pleasure, sport, competition, what ever you want to call it, of hunting and killing animals. Yea, a majority do eat the animals and don't waste it, but it's not something we are forced to do for survival

I assume you are anti hunting for food then?

If so, i really hope you are vegan.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I didn't think I was being hostile at all, honestly. I'm sorry if you felt I was. I was only trying to help you understand that I was only trying to say that humans kill out of pleasure more than any other species.

No. The common house cat takes that title.

Read my above link.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I, also, don't pretend they are better in any way nor do I hold them in a higher regard. I don't really know why you would think I do. Although, I've never heard of animals or any other species for that matter, becoming serial killers, murdering, raping, kidnapping, etc, other creatures of the same species. So, maybe they should be held in a higher regard. Their killing never seems to be anything other than instinctual, in my opinion..

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No lol I'm not anti hunting at all. I'm not vegan either. I'm just using those as examples.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I, also, don't pretend they are better in any way nor do I hold them in a higher regard. I don't really know why you would think I do. Although, I've never heard of animals or any other species for that matter, becoming serial killers, murdering, raping, kidnapping, etc, other creatures of the same species. So, maybe they should be held in a higher regard. Their killing never seems to be anything other than instinctual, in my opinion..

Rogue elephants seem to kill out of anger.

For the record, I'm a hunter. But i do agree with one thing, trophy hunting and not using the animal otherwise is reprehensible.

edit on 13-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I read your above link! I'll quote it if I must...

Cats kill billions of birds and mammals every year, new study says.

A new study, published January 29 in Nature Communications, estimates that cats are responsible for killing billions of birds and mammals in the continental U.S. every year.

The authors found that the stray and feral cats are responsible for most of the kills. But pets aren't exactly innocent: They are blamed for about a third of the bird action. The study also discovered that the cats mainly kill native species like chipmunks and house wrens, not invasive pests....

The study is part of a larger effort to quantify the threats to birds, 

This article only shows a study on wether or not cats are a threat birds. Not that they necessarily ENJOY killing them.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I read your above link! I'll quote it if I must...

Cats kill billions of birds and mammals every year, new study says.

A new study, published January 29 in Nature Communications, estimates that cats are responsible for killing billions of birds and mammals in the continental U.S. every year.

The authors found that the stray and feral cats are responsible for most of the kills. But pets aren't exactly innocent: They are blamed for about a third of the bird action. The study also discovered that the cats mainly kill native species like chipmunks and house wrens, not invasive pests....

The study is part of a larger effort to quantify the threats to birds, 

This article only shows a study on wether or not cats are a threat birds. Not that they necessarily ENJOY killing them.

We can ask a person, but not a cat.

Most animals who hunt do so out of hunger. What are we to point a finger at when cats kill needlessly? I believe for them is the same as humans who kill for sport. No reason to think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Lions... Pfft.

Obviously someone has never watched a simple house cat play with a mouse in its death throes. You can't tell me there is no pleasure for the cat.

Or even a dog that has captured a squirrel only to play with its corpse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join