It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when I settled down and thought 'faithless electors' would never overturn this election...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The judge in the Trump University case, Gonzalo P. Curiel:

Federal judicial service[edit]
On November 10, 2011, President Barack Obama nominated Curiel to serve as a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of California He replaced Judge Thomas J. Whelan, who had taken senior status. Curiel was rated "well qualified" by a substantial majority of the American Bar Association's Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary, which evaluates federal judicial nominees.

Curiel received a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 28, 2012, which reported his nomination to the Senate on April 26, 2012, by voice vote. In the early hours of September 22, 2012, on what was officially still the legislative day of September 21, the Senate confirmed Curiel by voice vote. He received his commission on October 1, 2012.

Trump University lawsuits

Trump University lawsuits[edit]
Main article: Trump University
In February 2014, Curiel certified Tarla Makaeff v. Trump University as a class action case that alleged Trump University was "a basically fraudulent endeavor", and he accepted residents of three states as members of that class. In October 2014, Curiel certified Cohen v. Trump as another national class action against entrepreneur (now President-elect) Donald Trump. In March 2016, Curiel allowed Makaeff to withdraw her name from the first lawsuit, and the case was retitled Low v. Trump University.

In May 2016, Curiel granted a request by the Washington Post for public release of certain Trump University documents and depositions that had been filed in the case. Curiel has scheduled a trial to begin in the Low case on November 28, 2016, in San Diego.[23] He had planned to start the trial in the summer of 2016, but postponed it until after the 2016 Presidential election because of concerns that jurors would be affected by a "media frenzy" if the trial took place before the election.

Trump repeatedly criticized Curiel in campaign speeches and interviews, calling him a "hater of Donald Trump", saying his rulings have been unfair, and that Curiel "happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine" while suggesting that the judge's ethnicity posed a conflict of interest in light of Trump's proposal to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexican border. Curiel wrote in court papers that Trump has "placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue", but is forbidden from responding publicly to Trump's claims in view of rules against public commentary by judges on active cases.

Legal experts were critical of Trump's original attacks on Curiel, viewing them as racially charged, unfounded, and an affront to the concept of an independent judiciary. On June 7, 2016 Trump issued a lengthy statement saying that his criticism of the judge had been "misconstrued" and that his concerns about Curiel's impartiality were not based upon ethnicity alone, but also upon rulings in the case. In reply, Cato Institute fellow Nat Hentoff wrote that thus far in the case, Curiel had ruled in Trump's favor far more often than not, including granting his motion to delay the trial until after the 2016 presidential election, and concluded that "Donald Trump has an odd way of showing his appreciation for a trial judge who, as his attorney said, is just 'doing his job'."

Link

That's all interesting stuff. Barack Obama put him in the right place at the right time *possibly.*

And Trump's criticism of him...I remember it, but thought nothing of it, at all, at the time. It was weird...but I just thought.."Trump's being Trump. And criticizing that judge is very stupid."

Now, I wonder if that was all carefully scripted.

edit on 16-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Lol, that's my technique...

Speaks for itself...it's a wow connection.

Yes that is!

Just a complete holy sh*t to me. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and FISA?

Yes, I agree with this too, FISA is the 'secret court' which convenes and hears stuff that stems from the NDAA (which I coincidentally just posted about here)warrants and other processes legal that are "too sensitive" for public awareness.

You know, tying all of this together reminds me of the discussion you and I had re: U.S.A Inc. and related oddnesses.

And this is yet another example of how Clinton Scandals always turn back in on themselves.

Ya know, it's like they're all warp and weft in a basket made to carry deplorables?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Riffing off of this:

NOMINATION OF MICHAEL P. SHEA, NOMINEE TO BE U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE FOR
THE DISTRICT OF CONNECTICUT; GONZALO P. CURIEL, NOMINEE TO BE U.S.
DISTRICT JUDGE FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA; ROBERT J.
SHELBY, NOMINEE TO BE U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE FOR THE DISTRICT OF UTAH

----------

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012

U.S. Senate,
Committee on the Judiciary,
Washington, DC
The Committee met, pursuant to notice, at 3:07 p.m., Room
SD-226, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Hon. Richard Blumenthal
presiding.
Present: Senators Grassley and Lee.

congress.gov

Related to Sid?

I'm at work and about to head home. Will check back when I'm there.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

You are not the only one asking that question. I found this one the most interesting out of the lot.

(6) Gregory Koster made the following comment | May 19, 2010 1:19:32 PM | Permalink
Dear Mr. Dyer: I've tried to learn, without success, if Dick is any kin to Sidney Blumenthal. If so, that would explain this shameless behavior. It's also telling that Dick felt he had to lie this way even in a notoriously blue state such as CT. Shows the basic fraudulence of the Left, bawling that the military services are fascist, but grabbing at the cloak (though never the substance) of authenticity when needed for votes. So too, with (thank you Gary) his supporters, also frauds. It never works, but the Left still thinks that because it has the old line press in its pocket, it can suppress any broadcasting of the discovery of fraud. How wrong!
Sincerely yours, Gregory Koster

Blumenthal lies about lying

This guy was looking back in May 2010. More recent queries seem to also come up dry, so maybe they are not related, just kindred spirits.
edit on 16-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up. Spelling and gramatical corrections.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Present: Senators Grassley and Lee.

My feelers go up about Grassley.

I had that awful feeling about Grassley and Comey after the Reddit/Stonetear revelations. Grassley is the one that asked the question and got the answer Politico and others ran with and used to totally dismiss it all.

I got such a bad feeling from Grassley.

And he never did get all those answers he asked for when Comey reopened the server investigation. In hindsight...I think the letter he wrote demanding answers was all for show.

I'd still like the answers to those flipping questions!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Keep in mind, too, that the stage was set for this Trump University lawsuit way back in 2007...in part due to an article written by David Lazarus of the Los Angeles Times.

If you operate on the premise that our media is complicit in very terrible plans to 'pull a fast one' on the people, like me..you might find that interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Adding this, too:

Kelly-Anne's husband, George Conway III, is an attorney with Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.

In 1965, Herbert Wachtell and his friends Martin Lipton, Leonard Rosen, and George Katz, founded the law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. He represented Silverstein Properties in litigation following the World Trade Center attacks.

Link

On George Conway III’s involvement in the Paula Jones case (from a 1998 Salon article):

Last week Liesl Noll, a spokeswoman for the New York law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, confirmed to Salon that a process server had tried to deliver a subpoena to one of its lawyers, George Conway III, but was unsuccessful because Conway was away. Conway’s secretary told Salon that he was on vacation and unreachable. Conway did not return several messages left by Salon on his voice mail, and his whereabouts remain a mystery.

Noll confirmed that Conway, a 34-year-old conservative activist, had recently informed the firm’s stunned partners that he had worked for free and without their knowledge on the Jones case, writing the crucial Supreme Court brief that successfully argued Jones’ suit should proceed despite the fact that Clinton was still in office.

As part of his aggressive legal counterattack, Bennett is seeking to show that Starr may have used Conway, along with lawyers in his own firm of Kirkland & Ellis, as intermediaries between the independent counsel’s office and the Jones legal team. For example, the White House strongly suspects that Conway delivered portions of Linda Tripp’s tapes to Newsweek and put Tripp in touch with her current lawyer, James Moody, another conservative activist.

Link

This confirms what indigo already said -- Conway penned the precedent legal argument that will undermine Trump -- and HE DID IT SECRETLY.

edit on 17-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

He represented Silverstein Properties in litigation following the World Trade Center attacks.

Ok, this definitely throws some deep state U.S.A.Inc. flavor in to this. And it already had that feel anyway.

Throwing a little fuel on the fire:

edit on 17-11-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fuel

edit on 17-11-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed the fuel

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Throwing a little fuel on the fire:

wow...and here we go. They are already so close to undoing this election. Now, add a verdict against Trump in the mix.

I saw yet another article, this morning, on how bad Hillary looked at an appearance yesterday and how she reiterated that she is still so upset about her *unexpected* loss.

She's not upset and her loss was totally expected...planned even.

They are planting these stories in the press.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And, again, Kasich was mentioned!

After the 2008 Democratic primary, I reflected on what happened with the primary date debacles, in Michigan and Florida, and how Hillary leaving her name on the Michigan ballot, while Obama removed his, really helped get him across the finish line.

Like, I almost thought that Hillary really wasn't interested in winning.

I know, I know...that's a crazy idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
More food for thought:

There is still one way Trump can avoid the barrage of lawsuits he's enmeshed in, at least for a while. In its decision in Clinton v. Jones, the Supreme Court noted that Congress could pass legislation to shield sitting presidents from civil suits. Will Trump ask the Republican Congress to protect him from legal action? If that's his plan, he'd better act soon. The Trump University trial could start before the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone.

Link

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And yet more food for thought, there are currently 8 Supreme Court Justices evenly split ideologically.

What happens if a decision comes before them and they are unable to get to anything other than 4 to 4?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

While I am not thrilled about Hillary or Trump being President, I am extremely fearful of the path that this action will take us down.

America is like a cracked dyke, a ticking time bomb. Adding more water and increasing the pressure on an already compromised system is likely to create a tsunami, that will destroy the American landscape for all time.

This will destroy all hope of unification. The Civil War will look like child's play compared to the war that is likely to erupt should there be a contested convention, and the election be overthrown. I think they have to work within the system and take one step at a time. If they want to be rid of the Electoral vote, then it has to be legally abolished.

It seems a little suspicious that the Republican party allowed this horse race to continue to the finish line, then when the wrong horse wins, try to disqualify the horse that won and call the race. They knew the horse didn't qualify to run the race from the beginning, so it makes the whole thing a sham.

The American people have known for a while now that their government is corrupt, that is why they voted against putting another one of those corrupt career criminals in office. This red handed attempt at theft of the election will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The worse thing they can do now is prove to the American people that America has truly died, and to pull its corpse from out of storage to stage an event, much like what that did with Bin Laden, will tell the American people that they have no America left to fight or stand up for. This will be disastrous.

Remember that a lot of people voted on the premise that we could restore America to new level of pride and glory. This was something that they felt we could do as a nation. Telling them that it was lie and the country is dead with no hope of recovery will be worse then hitting us with a nuclear warhead.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here a little more with a twist.
What if the big O appoints a SC justice by executive order and then the same court has to rule on the constitutionality of the appointment !!!

Presently, there are literally dozens of non-precedent routes available for the administration to choose from.

Buck

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And yet more food for thought, there are currently 8 Supreme Court Justices evenly split ideologically.

What happens if a decision comes before them and they are unable to get to anything other than 4 to 4?

*I think* the lower court's ruling (a federal appeals court, in this case, if that's where it heads) would be upheld, but without setting precedent because of the tie.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Ok, so which places would most likely be to have a case surrounding this come up from? That district is who would then decide the outcome in that circumstance.

The Trump U case is coming from the 9th circus circuit (I think?), but where would a case regarding electors come from? The district in which D.C. sits?

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I meant to respond to you also.

This red handed attempt at theft of the election will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The worse thing they can do now is prove to the American people that America has truly died, and to pull its corpse from out of storage to stage an event, much like what that did with Bin Laden, will tell the American people that they have no America left to fight or stand up for. This will be disastrous.

Disastrous indeed. As in how many states would begin secession paperwork? How many militias would activate?

Yeah, this would be a very. bad. thing.
edit on 17-11-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

...but where would a case regarding electors come from? The district in which D.C. sits?

What kind of case are you thinking about?

I would imagine Congress will resolve any and all issues with the electoral vote, when they count and certify them.

If you mean in the states that have laws regarding 'faithless electors,' requiring them to vote as their states voted, then those would be heard in state courts with the State Supreme Courts being the highest courts and having the final say.

On a Constitutional/federal level, state electors are not guaranteed the right to vote how they please nor are they prohibited from doing so. It's left to the individual states to decide if they want laws binding their electors.

So we have something like 21 states that have no laws prohibiting it, and 29 who do....and, again, their state courts have jurisdiction over any violations of those laws.

AND, when the EC votes are counted and certified, by Congress, a vote cast by a faithless elector would likely be objected to if it was cast in violation of a state law...doesn't mean the objection will stand though -- especially if electors claim they could not vote for a candidate that was found liable for fraud by a jury and voted their conscience. (Or this is how I understand how that part would work. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the processes and possible scenarios, in Congress.)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have felt disenfranchised by BOTH PARTIES for 16 years. I feel like they manipulate and rig our elections together.

I don't like Trump, but undoing this election would disgust me. I have just had it completely with the kind of disenfranchisement that I feel. I almost didn't vote because I really want no part of a system 'they' have defiled.

We were made to choose from two candidates with serious, serious character flaws. It's not fair to make anyone have to defend their vote because there are so many indefensible things about both candidates.

It's really screwed us with the civil unrest it has invited. Everyone has their very good reason to NOT have voted for one candidate and for deciding the other was the lesser evil.

I can put up with Trump for four years...just please, please...I don't want them to undo this election with more scheming and manipulation that convinces half the country that undoing the election is the right thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I can put up with Trump for four years...just please, please...I don't want them to undo this election with more scheming and manipulation that convinces half the country that undoing the election is the right thing.

When are we going to wake up and see we are being manipulated and controlled. People said they voted to make a change, to stop the train from speeding off the cliff, yet we put our efforts to waste, by continuing to put fuel in the engine.

What good is slowing down the train if we are going to continue to push it down the track. This is the time that we should be working together to fix this corrupt mess of a system that we call our government. Trump is nothing more than a decoy, being used to keep our eyes off the prize. TPTB is not going to allow Trump to do anything they don't want him to do, even if they use him as reverse psychology to get the people to support their agenda.

We have to get off this merry-go-round, bring the train to a full stop, and start kicking folk off the train.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

When are we going to wake up and see we are being manipulated and controlled. People said they voted to make a change, to stop the train from speeding off the cliff, yet we put our efforts to waste, by continuing to put fuel in the engine.

What good is slowing down the train if we are going to continue to push it down the track. This is the time that we should be working together to fix this corrupt mess of a system that we call our government. Trump is nothing more than a decoy, being used to keep our eyes off the prize. TPTB is not going to allow Trump to do anything they don't want him to do, even if they use him as reverse psychology to get the people to support their agenda.

We have to get off this merry-go-round, bring the train to a full stop, and start kicking folk off the train.

I think only the caboose is left on the track and the rest of the train has already gone off the cliff. There's no stopping or slowing the train...it's just a matter of time before the caboose goes, too.

All we have is the ability to recognize what's REALLY happened to bring us to this point and try to keep an accurate record of the REAL history of the modern United States, on the public record -- even if it can't easily be sorted from all the fiction that exists too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join