It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when I settled down and thought 'faithless electors' would never overturn this election...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
..a thought occurred to me.

Why isn't Trump attempting to settle the civil class action lawsuit regarding Trump University?

"While the open cases are civil, some legal scholars raise the prospect that a court could ultimately find Trump University or even Trump personally liable for fraud. In the worst case, a finding that fraud took place — even by a civil court — could provide Congress with the grounds to consider impeachment proceedings."

Trump's lawyers urge Court to move back his fraud trial until after the inauguration

It is possible that the Court denies his request to move the trial date.

Consider this: The popular vote AND a civil court verdict against Trump WOULD definitely be an *excuse* that 'faithless electors' might use to flip their votes for Hillary. OR...if he is found liable before the electoral college votes are counted, on January 6, we might face this:

If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.

Link

I am not talking about impeachment...I am talking about the influence that a verdict against Trump might have on the casting, counting, and certifying the votes cast in the Electoral College. IOW, the alternative is NOT Pence --like with an impeachment -- THE ALTERNATIVE IS HILLARY. AHHHH!!!

Trump could settle this case and not have that verdict AND he could have all the details of the settlement sealed. Why isn't he doing that? It's not worth the risk.

It's no secret that I suspect Trump is a plant and, over the last few days, I have begun to wonder if he is helping set the stage to abolish the Electoral College system....

....a *higher* purpose than merely winning the presidency to puppet masters possibly pulling his strings.

Right now, I don't care if Trump is a plant. I'll take him as president before I will relent to the manipulation of election laws that make our voting system less-secure and more prone to rigging.

I'd like to see Trump settle this case. It's scheduled to start on December 16 and could easily be over before the electoral college votes are counted in January.

I don't want to believe this could happen, but I just wanted to toss the idea out. To anyone else worried about shenanigans...stay on your toes.

edit on 12-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Isn't the vote December 19th?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And Pence takes the reins, surrounded by the Hawks and leading the Free World into WWIII, all over some event in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
And Pence takes the reins, surrounded by the Hawks and leading the Free World into WWIII, all over some event in the Middle East.

Not if this trial is over and Trump is found liable BEFORE the electoral college meets.

In that case...they might and very well could flip their votes to Hillary.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Isn't the vote December 19th?

YES.

But...

The Congress counts them on January 6...AND:

If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.

So...an objection could be made at that time and I fear they would find merit if Trump loses that case.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You could be right, but everything we've seen from Trump so far show that he's a capable man, so I trust that he knows what he's doing.

He probably knows whats best

link   
It's been obvious that these claims were made just to sabotage Trump's candidacy in the first place.
There were other threads with the details.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Not if this trial is over and Trump is found liable BEFORE the electoral college meets.

In that case...they might and very well could flip their votes to Hillary.

I doubt the trial would be over in 3 days.

They may count them in January but the vote would still be made on December 19th.
edit on 12-11-2016 by thesaneone because: Add

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

His attics are telling him not to settle because the university paid him to use his name. So they see this as he holds no responsibility in how it was ran since he didn't own the company and didn't have access to its profits. And from a legal standpoint they are right if a company was to pay me to use my name doesn't mean I am responsible for there actions. But from a political aspect it may just be prudent to settle just to end it but I think Trump isn't the kind of person to take responsibility for something he didn't do. So hes fighting it and will continue to do so no matter the political damage it causes.

By the way the court will never find him guilty they will find the company and owners guilty ultimately Trumps participation was a paid endorsement. And no court has ever found someone guilty of fraud from a paid endorsement.

edit on 11/12/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes, that might be pushing it, but see my last comment on objections when the EC votes are counted by Congress, on January 6:

Link

And that scenario would keep electors from casting 'faithless' votes in possible violation of the law.

I won't rest until Hillary is DEFINITELY not President. I am just too cynical. Expect more panic from me in the next two months. ha...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
With the Electoral College being questioned, we need to research the state laws and see if anything would have merit in court.

How solid are the state laws regarding "Electoral" votes?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
With the Electoral College being questioned, we need to research the state laws and see if anything would have merit in court.

How solid are the state laws regarding "Electoral" votes?

21 states have no laws, at all, preventing electors from departing with their state's votes.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Also, from what I read, we are talking about mere fines for the most part in states that do have laws binding electors.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the Judge already ruled that he wouldn't allow a delay.
www.yahoo.com...

I read that their excuse for wanting the delay was that Trump was going to be busy with his transition. But the judge asked "You won't be busy after the inauguration?"
Motion Denied!

Also relevant:

In the Trump University fraud and racketeering class actions pending in federal court in San Diego, Judge Curiel today denied President Elect Donald Trump’s motion for a blanket exclusion of evidence of statements Mr. Trump made during the campaign.
www.dailykos.com...[/ex ]

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What is that event in comparison to Hill's Foundation, the Paid Riot Squads, the email treason angles, and so on?

Republican electors aren't flipping for these liberal crybabies and such pales in comparison charges.

The liberals trying to steal the election are nuts to think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh my but that is rich!

All this talk of how wonderful the electro college is, since they went with Trump...

...now they could give it to Hilley!

But I don't want a hilley presidency either!

Damn but this was a no win election, just lots of losers - America.

I would bet either way, the corps are really the winners!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I was worried about something like this... some technicality... some something. I finally convinced myself it was a done deal. Damn!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Speaking of faithless electors there was one in Washington that said he would not give his vote to Hillary if she won.

So it is not unheard of.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I was worried about something like this... some technicality... some something. I finally convinced myself it was a done deal. Damn!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching.

Don't worry one bit. This has about as much chance of happening as the Clinton's going to prison for their long list of crimes.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The bankers and corporations are always the winners. I agree that only the American people will lose in all of this. I'll maintain my belief that Trump was only a hedge bet by the elites until proven otherwise. If he proves to be the peoples president i'll own my opinion and openly admit that I was wrong.

With that said, is he going to end the surveillance state we live in or stop the militarization of police? Is he going to end this system of debt slavery that has been perpetuated by the bankers? Will he end the military interventionism that has only caused more hatred and blowback against this country? I don't see it happening but if he did those things he would have my full support when he goes for re-election.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join