It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dear Progressives, Thank You for Reminding Us of the Real Reasons We Fight You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: xuenchen

Progressives are nothing but people who want to feed people, provide health care for people, protect rights of minorities and woman and feed the children

That’s all; if these things were done in a capitalist society there would be no progressives

Conservatives want to converse oppression, poverty, disease, and the elites power and racism, progressives want a world free of these injustices

You actually believe this?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Willtell

Progressives are nothing but people who want to feed people, provide health care for people, protect rights of minorities and woman and feed the children

That’s all; if these things were done in a capitalist society there would be no progressives

Conservatives want to converse oppression, poverty, disease, and the elites power and racism, progressives want a world free of these injustices

You actually believe this?

No I know it with a certainty of sight.

What exactly do YOU know?

Do YOU know what knowing is?

Do You even know what YOU are?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

You're right, I should have said mentally challenged people.

No worries, I was trying to be an ironic smart a$$.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
These people were out rioting and burning down cities on Veterans Day... they are destroying the Democratic Party in the eyes of the majority of Americans. Have fun.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

On youtube there is a guy called Sargon of Akkad. He is a Classic Liberal. Check him out sometime and you will see what I am talking about!
I came across him yesterday for the first time

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Come at us when your amygdalas shrink... bro.

Wow, Kali... I had to look THAT one up. Touche'.

For progressive emotionalism versus the supposed voice
of reason aka conservatism IS BULL like the Brit's railing of
the Desiderata. Besides, I get enough of that at home
without turning on the boob tube.

And we both over here adjust the amount of logic versus
visceral moxie to the comfort level. Admittedly nothing
works at all... because politics involve neither by the time
the damage is done. Can we accept that maintaining one
quality with the absence of the other less than human?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think that I'm an Independent Progressive...

I want Citizens United overturned, big money and lobbyists out of our political process. Our politicians rarely listen to us. They get huge kickbacks from corporations in exchange for representing them via passing or not passing laws. It's a sin.

I want every American to have quality healthcare coverage. Let's find a way to get the insurance companies out of healthcare. The bottom line should be quality of life not how much money an entity can possibly make. The pharmaceutical companies are financially raping Americans and paying our representatives for the access.

Concentrated wealth and power among a small group of individuals isn't a good thing for our Republic. It leads to Oligarchy over time from what I've learned. That isn't good.

I despise our current two party 'gang' system and believe that it along with money in politics is chocking the life out of democracy.

I believe in the right to bear arms and 'sensible' gun control. "Check for mental illness, domestic violence, etc." I DO NOT believe in giving families of victims a way to sue gun manufactures and gun sellers after a random act of violence involving guns. That is insane.

I want to see us seriously sink some time and effort into rebuilding our nations infrastructure. I'd like to see us create a nation wide high speed rail system.

I want to see us increase jobs in energy efficient solar, wind, and geothermal technology. I want to see fracking halted until it can stop ruining peoples water tables/drinking water.

I want to see police reform so we can start training officers in a different way that leads to less situations where excessive force is used and perhaps they can actually train them on how to initiate CPR at the scene when someone is bleeding out while the ambulance is on its way.

I want to see our military veterans get the red carpet rolled out for them in terms of how they are treated at home. They are the rock stars...Why aren't we treating them as such?

I don't want to see corporations moving their jobs overseas so they can get access to cheap labor only to sell it back to Americans for record profits. Shouldn't they either keep the jobs here or pay a heavy penalty to sell it back to its own people who could really use that job?

We should reverse trade policies like NAFTA, CAFTA, and PNTR with China that have driven down wages and caused the loss of millions of jobs. If corporate America wants us to buy their products they need to manufacture those products in this country, not in China or other low-wage countries.

I want war as a true last option, period. I want to build up our defense here at home but war abroad should be the last option.

I want our government to spend our money more efficiently and invest it back into We The People. I want the super rich to pay their fair share of taxes just as the middle class do.

I'm mentally torn on abortion rights and the death penalty, but if I was forced to make a decision I would say if the mothers life is in danger, she was raped, or the baby will be born in grave condition she should have the right to decide what's best with her doctor. And then another part of me says she should have the right no matter what as another part kicks in and says no it's a temporary medical condition and that child deserves the right to be born AND taken care of through tax dollars until it can fend for itself or has proper oversight. I can't even agree with myself on it and I just mentally argue back and forth.

On death penalty I feel it's wrong to take a life in this way and then in the same breath I say for the worst crimes against humanity it's an easy decision to get them out of society and to let it be an example to others giving the desired effect of knowing there will actually be consequences if you perform such a heinous crime. I have inner arguments with this one as well.

I want cannabis to be legal nation wide for medicinal use. And leave it up to each individual state on the decision of recreational.

I want young people to get involved in our political process at such a rate that it overwhelms the corrupt system we have now and over time can become a true government that works for its people again .

I'm sure there are other issues I haven't mentioned yet but that's a start.

I don't want to go out in the streets and riot because my candidate didn't get elected. Trump is now my president and I'll try to take the best out of it I can. The way the DNC did Bernie makes me sick but I have time to try and give my support by volunteering and donating to campaigns that I believe will get some of these things started.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I wish you nothing but the best, as I do for everyone. And in a few years, I hope you will look back in relief, that all your fears and dwelling on how to say "I told you so!" have come to naught. I understand that you are angry right now. I would hope that after you have processed and are ready to put that burden down, you will give at least some thought to how to contribute to helping us all build a better society.

There is so much good news in the world now. Progress has taken us to the brink of practically free energy, space colonies, clean fresh water for everyone, incredible healing advances, and a host of other things. Wouldn't it be better, to work at ushering in all these benefits for everyone?

The Donald has already done something amazing, regardless of his intentions or character. He has decimated the GOP wing of the business-as-usual Incumbent Party. How could you not see that as a positive?

Namaste.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Enderdog because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Well said. Thank you for taking the time to articulate your thoughts so well.

Be well.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm sure he does. Believing that the farmer is your friend, is essential to keeping the herd docile enough to farm. Convincing the herd that he is one of them, is the farmer's stock in trade. He thinks the fence is protecting him from the predators he has been told about....never stopping to consider that it is there to contain until it's time to go to market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join