It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump wants to eliminate overtime rules

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think he is against paying salaried employees overtime. He is against the government continuing to push more and more regulation against private businesses.

Source

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I don't think he is against paying salaried employees overtime. He is against the government continuing to push more and more regulation against private businesses.

Source

No need to "think" what he is for or against.

Last page I provided quotes from his own mouth which economic advisors on his transition team have echoed.

He wants to roll-back overtime pay laws. HR, Payroll and business sites are already discussing the policy and accounting changes.

He isn't going to roll back "overtime"...just "overtime pay"..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Wrong. He is not in any way looking to remove overtime pay. None of your links even come close to saying that.
edit on 14-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Source

Last page I provided quotes from his own mouth which economic advisors on his transition team have echoed.

He wants to roll-back overtime pay laws. HR, Payroll and business sites are already discussing the policy and accounting changes.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I linked the one thing I can find on him talking about overtime pay. Link something if you want to be taken seriously. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So apparently you can't read? Quote directly where he wants to remove overtime pay. None of your links contain such a quote or even a hint of what you suggest.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Wrong. He is not in any way looking to remove overtime pay. None of your links even come close to saying that.

Curious as to what motivates you to lie? Allegiance to party?

He has precisely said he wants to remove the regulations that mandate employers pay employees for overtime.

Anyone willing to google it can learn the same.

Unfortunate you find your emotions in conflict with reality.

Here are a few more non-partisan links:

Should the government require businesses to pay salaried employees, making up to $46k/year, time-and-a-half for overtime hours? stats discuss

Donald Trump’s answer: No

www.isidewith.com...

Donald Trump's election is good news for business owners who don't want to pay more of their low-wage employees overtime money.
www.bizjournals.com...

Wage & Hour Insights
Guidance & Solutions for Employers
www.wagehourinsights.com...

Google Trump and Overtime Rules...

You are claiming the sky is not blue...

edit on 14-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Source

Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

You opinion of my opinion doesn't matter to me? Reality matters though..and I am not sharing opinion, I am sharing his actual words plus his economic advisors declarations.

I linked the one thing I can find on him talking about overtime pay. Link something if you want to be taken seriously.

Last page I linked to multiple HR and Business sites discussing the coming changes to overtime rules from Trump.

Ditto above..

Is it your Internet that is failing or your cognitive centers?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So you just proved you can't read. That's not a quote of Donald trump, it's a bloggers opinion...

You are the one lying here.

From the source you didn't read:

Instead, some lobbyists expect Congress to pass a legislative compromise that would rein in the overtime rule, by phasing it in over a number of years, and by limiting or undoing the automatic upward adjustment in the salary threshold every three years

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

He has precisely said he wants to remove the regulations that mandate employers pay employees for overtime.

Should the government require businesses to pay salaried employees, making up to $46k/year, time-and-a-half for overtime hours? stats discuss

www.isidewith.com...

Donald Trump's election is good news for business owners who don't want to pay more of their low-wage employees overtime money.
www.bizjournals.com...

Wage & Hour Insights

He's not lying. Trump has no reason to care if companies pay overtime or not. He just wants to get rid of the extra regulation on private business that require them to track and pay overtime to salaried employees. Just like I stated above that you quickly denied with zero proof as always.

The problem is you're taking his stance against all the unnecessary regulation that kills small businesses and add your own spin to it. Well news flash, your spin doesn't matter to the people that have been paying attention.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So apparently you can't read? Quote directly where he wants to remove overtime pay. None of your links contain such a quote or even a hint of what you suggest.

Holy crap...This is crossing into bizzaro world...It is being celebrated by businesses that have heavy OT employees right now. How long you willing to deny reality?

As to your weird question..Where apparently you can't read things opposed to your partisan thinking..

TRUMP: "We have to address the issues of over-taxation and over-regulation and the lack of access to credit markets to get our small business owners thriving again. Rolling back the overtime regulation is just one example of the many regulations that need to be addressed to do that.

circa.com...

Should the government require businesses to pay salaried employees, making up to $46k/year, time-and-a-half for overtime hours?

www.isidewith.com...

edit on 14-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Again, you can't read. Do you know what overtime regulation e is referring to? I quoted it for you above. He is not referring to overtime pay.

Your link that you quote is not Trump's quote. It's the opinion of the blogger.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Source

Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

You opinion of my opinion doesn't matter to me? Reality matters though..and I am not sharing opinion, I am sharing his actual words plus his economic advisors declarations.

I linked the one thing I can find on him talking about overtime pay. Link something if you want to be taken seriously.

Last page I linked to multiple HR and Business sites discussing the coming changes to overtime rules from Trump.

Ditto above..

Is it your Internet that is failing or your cognitive centers?

Unless you can quote Donald saying he disagrees with companies having to compensate for overtime hours, I'll just make sure I skip over your opinions from now on. No need to drown out good discussion with your opinions.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.isidewith.com...

www.bizjournals.com...

Wage & Hour Insights

He's not lying. Trump has no reason to care if companies pay overtime or not. He just wants to get rid of the extra regulation on private business that require them to track and pay overtime to salaried employees. Just like I stated above that you quickly denied with zero proof as always.

The problem is you're taking his stance against all the unnecessary regulation that kills small businesses and add your own spin to it. Well news flash, your spin doesn't matter to the people that have been paying attention.

OT does not effect me, nor my 53 employees.

I have no cause for spin.

"He just wants to get rid of the extra regulation on private business that require them to track and pay overtime to salaried employees."

CORRECT...and right now Pres. Obama passed a rule that says if you are making under 46K per year and worked overtime, the business has to pay you at an over-time rate.

Trump wants to eliminate that rule. YES...it is less regulation for businesses. How many businesses will willingly pay time and a half for hours over 40 per week if no one is required to?

Honestly...I got my start in an HR field...I have clients celebrating this for the money it will save them not having to pay their workers who work 40+ hours time and a half...What are you missing?

This isn't Dem vs. GOP or Anti-Trump...it is what he and his advisors have said they will do and no one will stop them.
For effs sake I know accountants adjusting projections because of this.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Again, you can't read. Do you know what overtime regulation e is referring to? I quoted it for you above. He is not referring to overtime pay.

Your link that you quote is not Trump's quote. It's the opinion of the blogger.

"Do you know what overtime regulation e is referring to? "

YES...The regulation was discussed with my clients when it went into effect and it is being discussed now that Trump said he would immediately repeal it.

The regulation required anyone that makes under 46K per year that is worked over 40 hours to be paid a minimum 1.5X.

His repeal of that would return it to a max of 26K.

Anyone that makes more than 26K per year and works overtime, their employer will no longer be obligated to pay them overtime pay..YES they get paid, but at the normal rate.

Holy crap I can't believe you people are refusing to read up on this and just say stuff...

This ties into my business consulting practice...and clients are talking and planning for the savings.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Trump wants to eliminate that rule. YES...it is less regulation for businesses. How many businesses will willingly pay time and a half for hours over 40 per week if no one is required to?

So you admit that Trump doesn't have anything against overtime pay...awesome! The willingness for a business to pay overtime for salaried employees will be negotiated between the company and the employee now. Not the government, which is how it should be.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I had read up on it, by reading the actual DoL page in it and also reading what they mean by roll it back.

Let me quote again for the illiterate:

Instead, some lobbyists expect Congress to pass a legislative compromise that would rein in the overtime rule, by phasing it in over a number of years, and by limiting or undoing the automatic upward adjustment in the salary threshold every three years

You realize that's from your source right?

Edit: Trump wants to eliminate overtime rules is the title of your thread. I think we have shown that you are confused and you think he want's to stop a portion of workers from getting overtime. Most experts agree that they just want to phase it in over a longer period, to give employers a chance to make adjustments as needed. All this will result in is employers cutting full time workers and hiring more part time worker for low wage jobs.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The Overtime Rule

In 2014, President Obama directed the Secretary of Labor to update the overtime regulations to reflect the original intent of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and to simplify and modernize the rules so they’re easier for workers and businesses to understand and apply. The department has issued a final rule that will put more money in the pockets of middle class workers – or give them more free time.

The final rule will:
•Raise the salary threshold indicating eligibility from $455/week to $913 ($47,476 per year), ensuring protections to 4.2 million workers.
•Automatically update the salary threshold every three years, based on wage growth over time, increasing predictability.
•Strengthen overtime protections for salaried workers already entitled to overtime.
•Provide greater clarity for workers and employers.

The final rule will become effective on December 1, 2016, giving employers more than six months to prepare. The final rule does not make any changes to the duties test for executive, administrative and professional employees.

www.dol.gov...

Trump (and his advisors) have made clear they will vacate this rule.

* Prior to this rule Employers were only required by law to pay overtime for those making less than $455 per week. If you make less than 11.38 per hour/$455 per week, your employer was legally bound to pay you time and a half.

* The new rule upped that to $913 per week. If you make less than $913 per week/$22 dollars per hour, your employer is obligated to pay you 1.5X hour for over 40 hours per week.

Trump has made INDISPUTABLY clear he will vacate that rule. It's not politics...

BOTH Conservatives and Dems acknowledge this reality...Business owners and employees...it's what he has declared he will do.

It is being sold as a boost to small businesses.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I had read up on it, by reading the actual DoL page in it and also reading what they mean by roll it back.

Let me quote again for the illiterate:

You realize that's from your source right?

Yes...some people say it will be undone over a few years...others think Trump will undue it immediately via rules or exec order.

So...what are you missing?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I am missing where Trump has ever said he would do this, and you have YET to quote anything where he said he would. What is the matter with you?

Edit: Experts don't agree that it will be undone over a few years, they think it will be DONE over a few years as opposed to right away.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So you admit that Trump doesn't have anything against overtime pay...awesome! The willingness for a business to pay overtime for salaried employees will be negotiated between the company and the employee now. Not the government, which is how it should be.

Right...he is making Overtime Pay voluntary, not mandatory. And "Salaried employee" is loose language that employers exploit at will depending on which costs them less money. This is a chunk of my business. I am not making a political argument here, but a reality argument.

Low wage earners are going to get effed. Feel free to defend that, I am book-marking this page and your posts to cite your BS cheering of it when we see it happen Q1 next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join