It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump wants to eliminate overtime rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
All these salaried people saying, "so what".

This would hurt the lower income people the most. People living today have no idea what the people who bled and died for overtime went through. People today have no idea what it would be like if the overtime rules were scrapped.

It's painful, maddening and sad to see how moronic, ignorant, brainwashed our population has become.

When you kneecap the poor, you hurt everyone else. Just because YOU don't earn overtime shouldn't even be a contributing factor to your opinion. The people earning overtime make up a sizeable population, and their purchasing power and prosperity impact us ALL.

If youre poor enough to need overtime, youre probably in a low-skill job with low barriers to entry. Why wouldn't your employer just hire another part time worker instead of paying you 50% more?

In every low paying job I've had, that's exactly what happens. All the laws do is punish my employer for considering to give me more hours and forced me to work 2-3 different part time jobs instead.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
does anybody really work overtime anymore? I thought that obamacare pretty much wiped out full time employment of 40 hours a week.didn`t a lot of companies scale back work hours to 32 hours a week to sidestep some of the provisions of obamacare?

There is nothing to stop the states from making overtime pay laws, in fact many states already have them.

It's borderline impossible to find full-time jobs in the $10-$15/ hour range. They're all part time because of Obamacare and because of overtime laws. And it really sucks having to work 2-3 part time jobs because the folks in government think they're making your life better.
edit on 11/12/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
quote]originally posted by: Throes
a reply to: xuenchen

What overtime? As a salaried employee, I don't know what overtime is? (Made in jest, but I've put in many 40+ hour weeks without extra pay..)

I work for a large corporation. My salary is based on a 40 work week. I consistantly work 55+ hours without overtime pay. The culture of the place is "if you don't want to work here, there are plenty of unemployed people who would."

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

All these salaried people saying, "so what".

This would hurt the lower income people the most. People living today have no idea what the people who bled and died for overtime went through. People today have no idea what it would be like if the overtime rules were scrapped.

It's painful, maddening and sad to see how moronic, ignorant, brainwashed our population has become.

When you kneecap the poor, you hurt everyone else. Just because YOU don't earn overtime shouldn't even be a contributing factor to your opinion. The people earning overtime make up a sizeable population, and their purchasing power and prosperity impact us ALL.

Who bled and died from working overtime? Name them!

Yet I don't see the same compassion for our military for those who bled and died to fight for those who seem to hate everything our country was built on!

Your emotions are meaningless, due to the fact you have nothing to back them up! My father who is now 82 years old and worked in a steel mill his whole life, worked his ass off to provide my family with enough money to be considered low to middle class. He came home dirty and tired EVERY DAMN DAY!

That is what America was built on, not a bunch of whiny ass cry babies who do nothing but complain about how life isn't fair while never getting their hands dirty or doing a hard days work in their life!

Trump won because the working poor finally realized that the Democrats/Progressives could care less about them! Years of talk, years of promises, yet nothing! The Democrats under Obama had full control over the house and senate the first two years, yet during those 2 years they NOT ONCE put thru a bill that they decided to wait till they lost their power! Why was that? I'll tell you why, so they could make the other guys look bad! If they did it on their own, it would come back and bite them when it failed!

Those of you who try to manipulate others thru using "feelings"? Your days are done! Smart people want to see results!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Bull#. Almost every job I've had in the last 5 years has had everyone working 6 to seven days a week mandatory. The overtime pay stops them not one bit from forcing people to give up their entire lives to the company.

All overtime pay does is help compensate for taxes destroying your paycheck when you work too long.

We work more now than we ever have already.
edit on 11/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It sounds like you guys just have a really pathetic work culture over there.
Stop looking at the Fed as your first problem and look at changing the culture within your workplace.

For example, here in Australia, every company I've worked with and those of my friends and family, if you have set hours, you work ONLY those hours.
If it looks like you are going to go over, you're told to go home.
There is ZERO expectation to work overtime for free.
If you're required to work longer, then you're paid a penalty overtime rate based on your hourly wage.

Not going into taxation laws or living cost references, not too many people want to work more than 38hrs per week here.
If they do, it's usually negotiated with the employer to ensure they get the money they're looking for the hours required.

If your work culture moves away from "suck it up or lose it", you'll likely find a lot of these issues would disappear.
Then you can use that work culture to provide a national force for law reform to allow employers little more freedom to pay employees.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So much Stockholm Syndrome and Trauma Bonding in this country.

Its like defending the murderer of your own wife.

Its crazy to see how people have been brainwashed into supporting their overlords.

I fully expect to see faith and support for Walmart to skyrocket. Soon Walmart will be considered the "bestest" place in America to work.

"Feel lucky for those meager table scraps you peasant!"

America, you're sick and in need of help.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: CB328

I didn't see anything in that poorly written and pathetic websites article of Trump saying no to overtime pay! Care to back your statement up with a better source or are you just trolling because your angry?

All I see are blocks of opinion with what this website is saying Trump said without ANYTHING to back it up!

Christ, is this another Zikavirusmap outbreak?

LMAO, That coming from you Trupitiers using, Crap.com to support 80% of what was talked about and is being talked about regarding the Clinton's and their scandals!!!!Then would discuss it for pages!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: seeker1963

I didn't see anything in that poorly written and pathetic websites article of Trump saying no to overtime pay! Care to back your statement up with a better source or are you just trolling because your angry?

All I see are blocks of opinion with what this website is saying Trump said without ANYTHING to back it up!

Christ, is this another Zikavirusmap outbreak?

LMAO, That coming from you Trupitiers using, Crap.com to support 80% of what was talked about and is being talked about regarding the Clinton's and their scandals!!!!Then would discuss it for pages!!!!

Your STFU things are making me think you are a DRAMA QUEEN! When was the last time you disagreed with someone and replied to them without that big red STOP SIGN? roflmao

I was asking for a legit website that had links to what they were reporting on, unlike yourself who lives with confirmation bias and if it fits your view it is the truth?

Carry on and let those STFU signs fly DQ!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I hope this isn't true, that being said, the decision on the new overtime laws were a catch 22.

Many salary employees were switched to hourly and were expected to get a unreasonable work load completed in the fourty and would be reprimanded if they couldn't.

That also has a negative effect on them when looking for another job saying they were hourly not salary.

At job I worked a few years ago they basically said they were budgeting me for 20 hours of work per week, then they would give me 40 and tell me that if I wanted to be employed the following week "I would find a way to get it done in 20 hours on the clock".

Not legal, but a very common practice. And what's the alternative? Stop working a job when I needed money?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I had a similar experience while with a large reputable corporation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how hard Trump fans are working to sell all of this to everyone?

If something is a good idea, you don't have to really push it or sell it -- it sells itself.

It's quite telling...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Where my husband worked the effect was that two of his underling head count got bumped up in pay enough to not fall under the rule. One received an almost 50% pay raise and the other only got a couple thousand because she had been there much longer and almost worked her way up to that threshold the traditional way. So now, they both make the same even though one is much more the senior and had earned a lot more in raises and the like.

Sounds like one of them played the game wrong. Raises are only a few percent at a time. Switching companies for an increase in salary is how you build your income. A worker switching jobs has much more leverage because they can walk away from an offer and still have a backup plan. If you rely on nothing other than raises, the company can short you and you end up unemployed if you walk away, which in turn reduces your leverage for your next job.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why are these troll threads not in the pit???

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Inside an article about Trump's economic plans is mentioned that he wants to eliminate overtime laws for employers. What that means for workers is not only that people could work long hours for less pay, but also an end to the 40 hour work week. It has been pointed out before that the overtime requirements for employees working more than 40 hours a week are a big incentive for employers to not overwork their employees. If you take away the threat of having to pay more money per hour, what incentive is there for companies to not overwork their people?

In Japan so many people die from overwork that they invented a word for it. The same thing could happen in the US if Republicans have their way, and most likely they will.

circa.com...

Show this to those jack-ass rust belt dummies who voted for him...Good I hope he works you to death

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hold on to your pay stubs folks, this is just the beginning!

Back to the coal mines with all of us! Back to the company store!

All hail our employer overlords!

Thanks Trump!

True, and for you guys making minimum wage, get as many hours in as you can until January.
You're going to need the extra cash. He's thinks 15.00 per hour is way, way way toooo much for ya.
Remember he only paid $4.00 per hour to the illegal construction workers who built Trump Towers!
(They don't have needs like he does.)

ot: I wonder if he will move his 14th century gold throne into the oval office?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am drooling at he mouth to punish the fools who voted for Trump. They are assholes of immense assery

Trump is going to let the corporate masters literally work your ass to DEATH dummies

maybe your wife and children will get a 5000 insurance policy when you DIE on the job

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Tell us how you really feel.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Willtell

Tell us how you really feel.

Okay

Do the Trump voters know what they’ve done? I want to say “God forgive them for they know not what they have done”

F___ that

God dam them for they know what they have done

edit on 12-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I am drooling at he mouth to punish the fools who voted for Trump. They are assholes of immense assery

Trump is going to let the corporate masters literally work your ass to DEATH dummies

maybe your wife and children will get a 5000 insurance policy when you DIE on the job

I'm trying to come up with as many variations on "I told you so" as I can.

I have a feeling I'm going to need 100's of different ways to say "I told you so" sooner, rather than later.

My fellow Americans have no idea what they've done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join