It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s Reaction To Nationwide Protests Defines Hypocrisy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

This is not the Political Mud Pit and name calling and rudeness are not allowed. If you can't post in a civil manner please move on before a Posting Ban become necessary.

Thanks and do not reply to this message.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for Obama to act presidential, and Hillary to behave like the president she claimed she wanted to be, and tell them to knock it off and go home.

Or would that not line up with their agenda?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Props to you and your logic, good to see this still exists. Great reply

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

He was right that they were paid for by Moveon and Soros.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: thesaneone

OMG!!!! Donald said words

Yes indeed... very hypocritical words.

Not really. You fail to understood that Trump was referring to REAL demonstrations, not those where bogus protestors are bussed into cities in their hundreds and paid to make trouble. He knows what is going on even if you don't.

If one side does it - - - you can be guaranteed the other side does it.

What a crock of crap and a cop-out! There is proof the left did it...show me the proof the right did it. If you can't show proof, then only the left did it as far as anyone knows.

Ahhhhh, the Holier-than-Thou Right.

Yes, that's where I began my interest in politics - - - as a Republican Christian Hawk.

I've been on both sides and down the middle - - - how about you?

That was an impressive goal post shift in 3 consecutive posts.

So. As an ex-GOP hawk, do you have proof that Trump 'supporters' were being bussed anywhere to riot in this election cycle.

Staying on target, and all that. No de-rails.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Pathetic

Yes!! For once we agree, brother! Trump hypocrisy is totally pathetic!

Right, because any president elect would really release a press statement when people are literally rioting and assaulting people over the victory, that says "Please protest me more."

I mean, it's not hypocrisy -- he said the only thing he literally can say.... What would you have had him say?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reaganero

Donald Trump’s Reaction To Nationwide Protests Defines Hypocrisy
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

President-elect Donald Trump, who took to Twitter Thursday to blast demonstrations against his victory as “very unfair,” had a different view of post-election distress four years earlier, when he called for a march on Washington “to stop this great and disgusting injustice.

It’s bad enough that the newly elected U.S. leader this week would take to Twitter to criticize opponents for exercising their First Amendment rights, blaming “professional protesters” incited by the media. Worse, though, is that in 2012, Trump tried to incite supporters of defeated Republican nominee Mitt Romney to take to the streets in protest of President Barack Obama’s re-election.

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

In other tweets related to the 2012 election, some of which have since been deleted from his account but can be seen here, Trump described the Electoral College as “phoney” [sic] and called for a “revolution.”

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election,” Trump said then of Obama. “We should have a revolution in this country!

So which version of our new President-Elect should we listen to. The old angry anti-establishment version or the new embedded establishment? Or does the wisdom in your heart tell you neither one?

The replies will simply be straight from 1984. "Trump never said that" or "Trump didn't mean that"

However. If you say one thing years ago on this site, somebody will throw it right back at ya. So do the things we say matter? Well, for the Trump clan, it's only when those words are what you want to hear. Everything else can be erased.

Believe me.

Sooo --- the uneducated will hold someone to their 10 year old word, but the educated know that people learn and opinions change as well as strategies. Is what you say important? Not really -- what you DO is. You can't undo an action, but you can change an opinion.

See how that works?

You say the replies will be straight from 1984 "Trump never said that" -- but honest to god, half the things people claim he's about, he's not -- like, at all, at all.

I'll give an example;

Trump openly admits he wants to deport illegals.

Anti-Trumpers claim that means he hates immigrants.

Trump supporters accurately explain that "He never said that."

And around we go. He literally never said that, and if you have an issue with deporting illegals, than maybe you should ask the world why every single country on earth has a legal immigration process and protected boarders? If you think deporting illegals is bad, you don't understand the issue at all. I think this is a prime example of the kind of logic that comes out of the uneducated.

I mean, there is what someone says with words, what the intent behind those words are, and then there is your interpretation of both of those. People who aren't educated to the issues Trump addresses are the people who jump to the whole "Nazi fourth reich" thing -- the honest to goodness truth is, Trump is most likely the least nazi most pro free market president that has ever been elected, and if you can't understand economics; The government makes the rules, the corporations then pay to play for special favors -- so how do you stop this from happening?

You shrink government and you take them out of the business sector. It's that simple.

For all the doom and gloom going on about Trumps 100 day plan, I haven't seen anyone articulate why any of those goals are bad at all, let alone as bad as they try to make them out to be. I'd love someone who hates the 100 day plan to articulate why it's bad in piece meal. If anyone tries to do that, I think they'll quickly realize that it's not and they are just on tilt from the propaganda coming out of the left. [There is always propaganda on both sides, elections are won with propaganda] but once someone is in -- it's severely less so.

There are legitimate concerns with a full republican government -- like them forcing christian beliefs through policy -- and that's scary, sure. However, that's fortunately for us, small beans when it comes down to what the president actually does. So while the left champions for separation of church and state, they also have no idea how economics work, and we can see that is actually factual when you look at american history. Republican policy when it comes to economics is what brought us to be the most prosperous and prestigious country in the world financially, and every time it's blue -- they just tank it.

[That's not to say every republican was great for the economy -- Bush was awful for instance, he was also a mental midget.]

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID; if Trump does mass exodus style the illegals, yeah -- that will damage peoples lives, split up families and what have you; but what of the damage they do? Do we just turn a blind eye? Or do we rip the bandaide off and then reform the legal immigration process?

I think if you made it this far, you already realize the self evident truth.
edit on 13-11-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from Trumps 60 Minutes interview.

In a “60 Minutes” interview Sunday night, President-elect Donald Trump said he had not heard reports of an increase in racial slurs and threats against minorities since his election. “I am very surprised to hear that-- I hate to hear that, I mean I hate to hear that,” Trump said. “But I think it’s a very small amount,” he added. Lesley Stahl asked the president-elect if he had a message to people reacting violently to the election results. “I would say don't do it, that's terrible, because I'm going to bring this country together.” When pressed by Stahl about harrasment of Latinos and Muslims, Trump said, “I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, ‘Stop it.’ If it-- if it helps. I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: ‘Stop it.’

He is calling on protestors to Stop It. Lesley Stahl is pointing out the racial slurs and threats against minorities and Trump responded.
What about the Democrats? It's great that Trump has asked the protestors to stop committing acts of violence. But what about the Democrats/Clinton camp. It's their supporters who are the ones committing acts of vandalsim and pockets of violence all over the country.
These people are not going to listen to Trump. Clinton should be calling on them to stop and come together and accept the new President. That's the real hypocrisy, blaming Trump for all this mess when it's the libs who are rioting and people are getting hurt and killed by these protests engineered by the Left.thehill.com...
edit on 13-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

He said "Stop it." Wow, what an amazing unifying message. He's really attempting to reach across. In case people don't realize, saying you're going to bring the country together does not make it so. It actually takes efforts that support that goal.

Trump is such an epic failure already. Stop it, he says.

Try harder, Mr. Trump. Or let someone else lead who can come up with something better than "Stop it."

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

At least Trump is honest to you. If you want to win in life you need to see the world for what it is. Stop your crybaby protests and get to contributing instead of tearing down a legitimately winning candidate. If you were hired by a company and the losing candidate started protesting your win, you'd think they lost their mind. You need to come back to reality and contribute in life and stay out of this useless and fantasyland protest.

BTW, where were you when it was revealed Bernie had the election stolen from him!? Nowhere. See what I mean?

On Dec. 19th get ready for the electoral college to vote in Trump. Don't fall for the fantasyland idea of stealing the election from Trump. If you can't snap out of it, you'll end up suicidal.

Look at the next President of the USA and accept it or lose in life.
edit on 13-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: SpiritualZombie is sad.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There's NOTHING wrong with protesting.

But there is EVERYTHING WRONG with looting, rioting, setting cars and stores on fire, terrorizing people; beating them up, and acting like uncivilized neanderthals. That's not "protesting," that's criminal behavior.

SO, you want to talk about hypocrisy? Here you go:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yea he said to protest, I don't think he said to attack people and riot and destroy.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Donald Trump is very inconsistent, he does what is best for him at the time. As for my view on protests (I know, no one asked) I think that nonviolent protests of any kind are an essential part of a democracy. I also think that it is natural for a few ruffians to do something violent out of thousands, and they should be arrested.

One thing to watch out for is being tricked into thinking that all protestors are violent. The media will try to make you think that because of one incident, the protests should be shut down.
edit on 13pmSun, 13 Nov 2016 23:41:49 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Yea he said to protest, I don't think he said to attack people and riot and destroy.

He said we should start a revolution. That is what Trump said. Now that he's been elected, despite his hostile policy proposals, he says he will bring us together.

He's completely un-American. He's a traitor to the values of America.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump should not be given one minute of peace in office

Spoken like a true idiot. I remember when the neo cons said the same thing about Obama. Do you remember that? You must because you've taken a play from their playbook.
So, you really want to start another American Civil War? Guess what. The majority of people with guns, and who know how to use them, voted for Trump. Good luck with your little lefty revolution.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

He said we should start a revolution. That is what Trump said. Now that he's been elected, despite his hostile policy proposals, he says he will bring us together.

He's completely un-American. He's a traitor to the values of America.

Then move. Go far away. Pack your bags and head to a sanctuary city in a far away land. Try Australia. They speak English so you want have to learn another language.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Donald Trump is very inconsistent, he does what is best for him at the time. As for my view on protests (I know, no one asked) I think that nonviolent protests of any kind are an essential part of a democracy. I also think that it is natural for a few ruffians to do something violent out of thousands, and they should be arrested.

One thing to watch out for is being tricked into thinking that all protestors are violent. The media will try to make you think that because of one incident, the protests should be shut down.

This is not meant as an excuse...just a comment about my history with such people. Trump speaks very much like a number of business owners I've worked for or with. He speaks what he thinks at the moment. He doesn't see slightly conflicting statements as conflicting because he hasn't settled on the details of the plan. He may start with "we are going to deport all illegals". Later he may modify that to "but we don't want to break up families" and then later say the "all the criminals will go in my first 100 days". People are always looking for a final decision with each statement...there isn't for him. It is a fluid and modifiable position until he is committed and executes the decision. If you take all three together, it makes more sense.

"We are going to deport all illegals, but we don't want to break up families. But all the criminals will go in my first 100 days."

Just thought that might help. It is a bit confusing at times...but I've seen it before and therefore understand it better.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You really are a complete idiot. Huffington post here? hahaha your desperation is delicious. Cry more tears, loser.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Since it's him being protested of course it's unfair and if anyone among you actually think he cared about Romney losing you are in for a surprise.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join