It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Emergency and Our President-Elect. A 1st Responder...responds.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
First off, I will stand behind our new President, and even jump in front of a bullet aimed at him. I don’t have to like him, or even had voted for him if I didn’t. Shortly, I will be re-certifying for Emergency Response Team/Homeland Security/FEMA/Citizen Corps and Emergency Management Life Support, and wanted to make some points like the opening remark clear.

My specialty is Medical Triage. I can initially assess your basic and/or life threatening injuries in under 60 seconds, tag you and send you on your way for medical attention. With a 911 call, we don’t ask what color the person is, what religion they are, or are they a Natural or Naturalized citizen…or even in this country legally. We go

President-Elect Trump…in a time of great strife, or a terrible circumstance of medical or some type of emergency need, and is just like you, your wives and husbands, your kids and parents. Whether Muslim, Christian, Satan worshipper, Jew, Palestinian, Atheist, Communist, Patriot or ex, criminal or innocent, black, white, Native American or Mexican…it doesn’t matter. In an emergency, when you are running OUT of a building…it’s me/us/1st Responders that’s running in right past you. It’s what we do. Without question or hesitation. We go

With him, it’s not based on or off the opinion of the man, or the office and the many millions of people he represents. I would do the same whether or not he was President Elect or “Joe Average”. It’s what we do. Did I vote for him even? That doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t either. Remember fellow members…If you don’t like our elected, that’s ok. But, life is too short for anger, hostility and aggression. Some is unavoidable. Yet, also unavoidable, is the need to pull our country together right now. Called upon? We go

Like or hate Mr. Trump, I’ll still leap into danger and so will my team for our leaders, countrymen, women and children. He’s no savior…but neither are you…or me. But for America? I’ll go…

Mysterioustranger
1st Responder, EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support
FEMA/ Dept. of Homeland Security,
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI, U.S.A.

edit on 12-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That can be read two ways, be careful my friend.
For your own sake.

mg

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Please! I didnt start this thread for praise...but thank you so much....I appreciate it. ...Really, I do. But, I dont do any of this for that...certainly not for the money or benefits.

I only do it because I feel strongly as an American...I have to. Someone does. We dont have to like people to help them....

Best, MS
edit on 12-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My concern isn't with the guys like you that go, "we go...",

its all the thousands of others that go before, armed with hi tech weaponry.

They just "go" too.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Thanks...Yeah, I know. Ive been shot at, punched and fallen off a house roof. My point is the same. Treat everyone you meet equally...We all bleed red. I would bleed for any of you. And that's no big deal. Seriously...

As for this crazy election time I was addressing...we need to grab our bandages and be there for each other and their rights to believe what they do, and support our leaders...even if we don't like them.

Thanks....MS

*Sometimes we all must support that which we may not agree with for the greater good.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wow. I am in awe. And the deepest appreciation for you saying so much so well. That was heartfelt and beautiful and so very inspiring. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
likewise Trump would stand behind you and take a bullet for you too

great patriotism.
we all need to vow our loyalty to the leader

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Refreshing to see that some over there remember that regardless of affiliations theyre americans . And act in responsible manner as citizens to work together rather than add to the division and vitriol .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You absolutely have a valid point there. But the way we look at it Is...we go . No time to think or delay. If we respond and its nothing and we wasted a response time...it's ok. And if we get there into the fire of craziness, or "Oh, Oh! Marshall law!", riots, gov troops or anarchy, but are needed to save lives...so be it.

I thought folks need to know we judge not...we get where we are needed and when. The politics of it? Doesnt matter. All lives matter. And as soon as our elections are over and decided? Nothing else matters.

We put opinions aside, and protect and save those who would represent the greater whole of our country...like him or her or them. People should remember that.

The best way to put it...and I speak for us all...bells and whistles, sirens and phones go off...we're out the door. And for our President...or anyone else for that matter...Im jumping in front if need be. And its not for the glory...there isnt any.

Not so much as save their life for them...but saving all those Americans depending on his leadership. All dislikes are off the table after the elections. And now its time to find a way home.

Us first responders will be there. No matter who it is. Gladly. MS
edit on 12-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Its not so much as loyalty to our leader...but loyalty to the office representing all Americans. Like him/her of not. Shortly after elections...we need to move on and get back to business.

We may need to pray more and cross our fingers, eyes, toes and legs...and heal and move the country forward.**

**PS: Ive been saying I did not support either candidate, but now? I must. Thats a 1st responding attitude. No color, race, ideal or religious view.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

It should be like that worldwide in Emergency and Medical responses. It doesnt matter now what was said by a candidate, hidden, revealed or exhibited...criminal, prejudicial-whatever. Its over. Now the real work begins.

We dont expect awards, accolades nor praise. We dont even look for thanks you's. It never been about that, and shouldnt be.

Thanks for the reply.......MS

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you Boadicea...but be in awe of a beautiful sunrise, sunset or a newborn baby. Its nice for you to say...but we live and work in the background of things, and should.

If we didn't? We'd attract lots of would-be responders who sign-up and train for all the wrong reasons...but, thank you so very much for the reply!

Best

top topics

join