It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sore Winners: We all MUST do better

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't expect anything. I don't know what I am getting.

But with her I did know, and I didn't like any of it.

So I opted for the complete unknown. The odds of him being worse I judged to be less then the known odds of continued misery from her administration.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

food for thought. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I haven't gone to that point either, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't becoming increasingly more tempting!

I think the reality is that many of them don't understand their actions any more than we do.

I suspect that its the result of social programming run amok. Many involved are probably shocked at the runaway train, and a select few are probably rubbing their hands in glee.

In many respects, I just had to admit that expecting mature, reasonable, well thought interactions are an exercise in futility. Given that, I can't be disappointed by the lack of.. sanity and unproductive "conversations."

Its been happening that way long before this election. It may be the perfect opportunity to really try to open discourse among the more mature people on both sides while completely ignoring the rest.

Its a bad situation, but if we play it right.. the communication between the sane elements of the left and right might end up more productive than ever.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Its been happening that way long before this election. It may be the perfect opportunity to really try to open discourse among the more mature people on both sides while completely ignoring the rest.

Its a bad situation, but if we play it right.. the communication between the sane elements of the left and right might end up more productive than ever.

Very well said. Thank you for saying it here.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

" So I opted for the complete unknown "

Without Risk , there can Never be a Reward , or a Regret . Remember William Wallace ? ...............)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No, as much as I want to tell some of them to just go suck an egg ... I won't. Not the ones I know here. Now I will express sarcasm over some of the more hysterical posts -- the safety pin and the suicide hotline rates spiking.

To me, the idea that people could be having nervous breakdowns over this defies belief. I had two grandfathers who were WWII vets. They get discharged and shipped home. No one asked them if they needed a safe space or therapy. They were expected to be men and pick up where they left off. No one even knows the full impact the war took on those it left behind in any capacity.

So, I have that in mind when I look at these kids freaking out and having to get counseling and therapy because of a single election.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok, as I recall, Trump made promises about what he would accomplish in his first 100 days after being sworn in.

I will cut him that much slack. After that lets tally up his score and see if he deserves our support.

If he even makes the attempt to curb lobbyist and corporate control of government, I will support him because it shows me he might have a little honor.

And I won't be surprised if his supporters completely ignore his promises and start whining and making lame excuses.
That pattern is already well established. Time to grow the **** up and take some personally responsibility.

btw.....I didn't punk out and choose the lesser of two evils...I voted for my friend Gov. Gary Johnson. An honorable man from my perspective; perhaps a little wacky but but a bastion of class compared to Senor Cheetos.

edit on 12-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Ok, as I recall, Trump made promises about what he would accomplish in his first 100 days after being sworn in.

I will cut him that much slack. After that lets tally up his score and see if he deserves our support.

If he even makes the attempt to curb lobbyist and corporate control of government, I will support him because it shows me he might have a little honor.

And I won't be surprised if his supporters completely ignore his promises and start whining and making lame excuses.
That pattern is already well established. Time to grow the **** up and take some personally responsibility.

btw.....I didn't punk out and choose the lesser of two evils...I voted for my friend Gov. Gary Johnson. An honorable man from my perspective.

Methinks thou doth Protest too Much . I Personally was not this Negative towards a President Elect when Barack Obama was Sworn in during the 2008 Campaign . I Think a couple of " Doggie Downers " in your Food might be Needed here to get you through this Obvious Upsetting Revelation of an Impending Trump Presidency .
edit on 12-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Please take the nastiness and personal insults to the Mud Pit. This thread is not the place for it. Olaru said nothing out of line. But your insults were way over the line.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: olaru12

btw.....I didn't punk out and choose the lesser of two evils...I voted for my friend Gov. Gary Johnson. An honorable man from my perspective.

Methinks thou doth Protest too Much . I Personally was not this Negative towards a President Elect when Barack Obama was Sworn in during the 2008 Campaign . I Think a couple of " Doggie Downers " in your Food might be Needed here to get you through this Obvious Upsetting Revelation of an Impending Trump Presidency .

What is it about "I'll cut him some slack" you can't understand. From here on out until his 100 days are over..no negativity from me about President Trump.

You happy now?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

What is it about "I'll cut him some slack" you can't understand. From here on out until his 100 days are over..no negativity from me about President Trump.

You happy now?

I am. I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In the 7 games of the world series, there were more Cleveland fans that attended the total of the 7 games than there were Chicago Cubs fans.

Cleveland has demanded Chicago surrender the world series title.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

I really hope you posted that comment in the wrong thread. Honest mistake. Because it certainly has no place in this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ok , that seems Fair . Please Disregard my previous Post . No Disrespect Intended . Please Forgive me Sir .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ok , that seems Fair . Please Disregard my previous Post . No Disrespect Intended . Please Forgive me Sir .

Accepted!! Perhaps we both can help bring some unification back to the ATS community. agreed?

In Fact no negativity from me directed to other members or politics in general. I have work to do....
edit on 12-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Cool .

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your post reminds me. We are in uncharted territory with this election.

Normally, yes, we all lend our support to the new POTUS. You and I have been through many elections, and we have always seen a "coming together". Of course, starting in 2000 there was a contentious election, which didn't bode well for support, but, regardless, people came together in the end (the "Bush bashing" began in earnest over his war policy). And, most important, Congress did its job (first more than second term) and compromised.

Unfortunately, what we have had is a creeping factionalism since 1990s, which has now resulted in the look and feel of a parliamentarian system but without the benefits of one. We have a defacto faction elected to govern (control of all three branches). There is nothing wrong with a faction, in a parl system. But America has had "parties" not factions for over 150 years, with expectations of compromise built into our system.

Dems have stated they will compromise where their values match those of the RP, but not where their values are compromised (i.e. there will be no compromise, as we've seen done the last eight years by Congress). Because the Dems have no power in this new system, we will have to wait and see what is presented to see if there will be anything on which to compromise.

In a parl system the faction out-of-power is expected to criticize and oppose the opposition, to declare how it would run the country instead, and to explain to the public why they should vote them in and the current faction out. IOW they vigorously voice and oppose the power of their opposition.

What I see happening now with the public display of opposition is the public acting as this opposition, which should happen in "parliament" (congress). They have the right to do this, but I have never seen it done before like this. In truth, we are seeing the breakdown of our democratic institution.

We have a faction in power, and a faction out of power with what may be little on which to compromise but with no experience as a parl opposition (expected to do those three things above). Instead, the public is acting as if they were the parl opposition.

These are strange times in American history. I'm beginning to see the need for continued opposition, but I am willing to "cut him slack" for those 100 days. This is crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I just checked your post history, I can't really see that you've called out any sore losers...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
probably when people stop crying about how the electoral college should be changed (OH, JUST THIS ONCE PLS WE LOVE HILLARY WAY TOOOOOOO MUCH) they'll stop gloating

¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockedUp2Morrow
probably when people stop crying about how the electoral college should be changed (OH, JUST THIS ONCE PLS WE LOVE HILLARY WAY TOOOOOOO MUCH) they'll stop gloating

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Then slightly redirect the discussion from anti=Trump to discussing the merits or lack thereof of that system without a party attached. I can keep them separate, can you? Lead the way & discuss the EC itself, not who won/lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join