It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbysists for transiiton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Trump Taking Résumés From Neocons

LINK

Remember when Donald Trump criticized the neocons and the neocons went out and tried to run a #NeverTrump candidate, a former CIA guy in Utah?

It’s all water under the bridge now.

Trump is looking to stock his administration with establishment insiders and Bush-era neocons. He’s even thinking about putting a notorious bankster in charge of the Treasury.

From the New York Times:

Since the election was resolved early Wednesday, there have been at least informal contacts between the two factions, according to several people in both camps who refused to be identified. One person who is helping Mr. Trump’s transition team said the group was already receiving résumés from former Republican officials, including some of the signers of two open letters this year excoriating Mr. Trump’s foreign policy views. At the same time, the transition team has also made unofficial overtures to some of the people who signed the two letters — one in March and the second in August.

Looks like we'll have a Bush plus administration again

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
IF Trump does lower the steam against Russia and refuse to continue with ME war mongering he will have done a great good.

The question though remains, how is Trump going to make these changes by hiring the same old neocons?

….he has thrown his administration’s doors wide open to the America’s elite insiders, from Rudy Giuliani of New York 911 fame, to John Bolton, who is possibly the biggest Russian hater on the planet.

LINK

I don’t see how Trump can succeed

I predict a false flag event soon( another 911) that will serve to turn Trump around back into the neocon orbit. That’s an easy thing to do for the neocon faction who were in on the Comey Hillary take down and previous false flags that helped Trump.

Trump will then double-cross Putin and actually make it worst

So with Trump we'll basically have George W. Bush II

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Thank you! I rarely log in or even stop by to visit anymore as this place has just progressively slipped into further backbiting and sniping but had to comment on this.

I'm cautiously optimistic with Trump as I have no doubt we have yet to see his actual agenda/persona (based on his performance on the campaign trail vs. his history and personal dealings outside the public eye) and so we may be surprised - maybe positively - by the outcome, whereas a Clinton win would have just left me with weary resignation having known exactly what to expect.

But I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive the republicans at large for so readily passing on Ron Paul (big thanks to the media's help there...) while jumping on Trump almost without batting an eye. Hopefully my thoughts are right and he played his base wisely but will take us to a positive outcome that doesn't actually bear out his incendiary stump rhetoric, but...c'mon. How on earth does a hard pass on Paul turn into a party solidly behind Trump?

I just don't get it. We had a shot at an actual representative of the best interests of the people who was knowledgeable enough to warn us in advance of the results of our actions, accurately, and consistently stood against them all too often being a lone voice against the whole of congress otherwise...then scooped up someone with admittedly little understanding of these subjects who merely played on people's fear and anger without batting an eye.

Here's to hoping president Trump plays out a good bit differently than stump Trump, in the RIGHT ways.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I knew this. Now lets see what happens,talk is cheap.

Obama deported his fair share too.. U.S. immigrant deportations declined in 2014, but remain near record high, more than the republican before him by a long shot.

What he means is I will deport more than Obama

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join