It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbysists for transiiton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm still confused, that didn't actually answer what I asked - unless I'm not understanding something here.

I'm glad you don't hate anyone though, thank you for informing us of that. It's always nice to know.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I would bet none of those countries would want any of these emotional wimps to live among them.

I'll make that bet. Considering I live in one of those countries and have spoken to people here about that very issue you would be surprised at how accomodating most people here are. Most of us here totally understand why people want out of America at the moment.

So, how much you want to put on the table? I'm good with any amount, I know it's an easy win for me

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You in charge of immigration in your country?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You in charge of immigration in your country?

Nope, but how does that stop me knowing what we would do?

It not like these people are terrorists or something. What possible reason would we deny them entry? I'm sorry but being an "emotional wimp", as you falsely describe them, is not a reason to deny entry into a country like mine or the others.

Please feel free to continue daydreaming though. You have a very active imagination and should put that to good use writing fiction or something!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow. The confirmation bias runs strong in this thread. What did you expect? If he had chosen 'Vinnie' from the auto-body shop, most of you would then be railing at how incompetent Trump is and how screwed we all are.

What remains to be seen are his ACTUAL selections...then his leadership...and then his accomplishments- not the pre judging and empty predictions from his detractors, who as we all know didn't get a single thing right in this election cycle.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

But that way of thinking is the problem. You can't just cut off half of Americas viewpoints and say BAM no! Now you have to think our way and our way or deal with it! Our way will reign supreme over all the land! We're eradicating your diseased philosophy off the face of America!

We're humans and Americans -- not liberal, right wing, lefty, tea party person, progressive, libertarian. This is the same gang mentality that lets the two party system rape us over and over and over and...

At some point, we have to meet in the middle and actually make some progress. Same goes for our political process and the current two party system. They are gonna have to meet in the middle on key issues or we're gonna have this seesaw swaying America where we all fight like the crips and bloods ad nauseam.

Sure Democracy will have disagreements and on some issues there wont be much compromise but no one can truly say they are making sincere efforts to compromise in the peoples best interest.

And I'm giving Trump a blank slate here because he's my President but lobbyist in general in our political process much less in his cabinet is a big red flag like it or not. That's not good for ANY of us no matter our political philosophy.

You want to eradicate something off of the face of America? Eradicate big money and lobbyist! That's where the hurting stops and the healing begins.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

not the pre judging and empty predictions from his detractors, who as we all know didn't get a single thing right in this election cycle.

Actually Michael Moore predicted Trump would win, he went out of his way to say so. I privately was saying the same thing to my wife and friends who promptly laughed at me.

So, actually, there are a few things us "detractors" got right, bittersweet as they may be.

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It's always good to hear from a fan!

I'll be glad to see politics displaced by more interesting topics.

And ... I would never hope to see the ban hammer hit you. Places where people agree on every topic become boring rather quickly.

There aRe no more interesting topics than politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The best Trump could do is stop the war that Hillary may have involved the US in Syria.

That’s a good thing if he could pull it off but I doubt he will. The Deep State will easily turn Trump around one way or another.

Understand that one false flag operation can turn Trump around to Hillary and Obama’s crazy ideas in Syria.

Or they can just ignore Trump or threaten him.

Trump’s foreign policy advisers like Newt Gingrich, John Bolton and James Woolsey are arch neocons who despise Iran and Russia. Its laughable to think Trump, a 70 year old greedy and selfish billionaire, had some road to Damascus moment and will do what JFK tried to do…relax tensions with Russia and stop the deep state shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I would argue that science and the advancement of the human race are at least as equally as interesting as politics.

I happen to love the study of our past also, for those who do not learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

Throw in a bit of Extraterrestrial theory and I'm the happiest man on Earth (and beyond.....).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Or they can just ignore Trump or threaten him.

Or give him the ol' "JFK" treatment.

Trump’s foreign policy advisers like Newt Gingrich, John Bolton and James Woolsey are arch neocons who despise Iran and Russia.

I personally think Trump doesn't stand a chance against them.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Trump may do some good, like keep Obamacare or just change it but the GOP will do everything in its power to stop any good he might want to do.

Even on the infrastructure Trump campaigned on a trillion dollar plus infrastructure build-up. The GOP will stop that.

Trump may end up being on the Democratic side often (that may be his only way to get anything done.) IF he really wants to be a decent president.

This is the case because all a republican does is protect rich people’s money, that’s their job. They NEVER do anything creative or progressive to help the ordinary people.

All they do is destructive: war in Iraq, repeal Obamacare, raise taxes on the rich, pollute, that’s all they do all the time NOTHING!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This is the case because all a republican does is protect rich people’s money, that’s their job. They NEVER do anything creative or progressive to help the ordinary people

Finally, some truth here on ATS!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump may do some good, like keep Obamacare or just change it but the GOP will do everything in its power to stop any good he might want to do.

Even on the infrastructure Trump campaigned on a trillion dollar plus infrastructure build-up. The GOP will stop that.

Trump may end up being on the Democratic side often (that may be his only way to get anything done.) IF he really wants to be a decent president.

This is the case because all a republican does is protect rich people’s money, that’s their job. They NEVER do anything creative or progressive to help the ordinary people.

All they do is destructive: war in Iraq, repeal Obamacare, raise taxes on the rich, pollute, that’s all they do all the time NOTHING!

Which brings us back to the question of why on Earth would Trump consider hiring them in the first place, given what they stand for?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

He’s got to hire those who were the vehicle for his election, that’s the nature of politics.

Of course he said he would crash that system but he lied.

I see no good in this and the basis of it all is the Republican Party

All I see at best is the same old stagnation and at worst another Bush type disaster.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

America simply cannot afford another Bush-type disaster. Not without either making the 1% pay for it (fat chance) or targeting the same middle class that voted Trump in to stop that.

I have a terrible feeling that a lot of Trump supporters are going to be very very angry if and when it all doesn't go as they hoped.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It's called a "transition" team for a reason.
The way some of you act over the Transition team selection's is no different then exactly how you reacted to mainstream media's blown out of context racism,xeno,bigot,sexist and other lame accusation's against Trump.

Grow a set, or pack your bags and graze on the greener grass elsewhere!

Edit:
Bernie really? This is more proof of just how uninformed some of you really are and how out of touch with reality you obviously are, Bernie's gonna bring that change huh in a republican controlled House, Senate, and Presidency. Some of you are the most upset about that fact, interesting times we live in and I love the Crocodile liberal tears, they taste good in the morning!

edit on 12-11-2016 by Floridagoat because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Thankyou for your opinion. I respectfully disagree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join