It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbysists for transiiton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
At least they're not Obama insurgents !!

they're called American voters, not insurgents,....don't you have a Russian gulag to go run, or are you just vomiting hatred

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

2 words: Bernie Sanders.

2 more: sold out.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Newt Gingrich
Rudy Guiliani
Sarah Palin
Paul Ryan

Newt is a narcissist ... just like your boy Trump.
Giuliani ... not so sure.
Palin? Really??
Paul Ryan and The Don are at odds. This is your tell. Paul Ryan is all too willing to sell his country out for position and power. He just has to continue being sly about it is all. The Don has got his number. I don't think he'll survive.

Prediction: Ryan (and to some degree Sen McConnell) will become the distraction the keeps the wheels from turning. Let's wait and see how a seasoned business man deals with the members of his board of directors.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

2 more: sold out.

Any chance you could elaborate? It's difficult to form a considered response to that.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Newt is a narcissist ... just like your boy Trump.
Giuliani ... not so sure.
Palin? Really??
Paul Ryan and The Don are at odds. This is your tell. Paul Ryan is all too willing to sell his country out for position and power. He just has to continue being sly about it is all. The Don has got his number. I don't think he'll survive.

Prediction: Ryan (and to some degree Sen McConnell) will become the distraction the keeps the wheels from turning. Let's wait and see how a seasoned business man deals with the members of his board of directors.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. It sounds like you are agreeing with me but I have to admit I'm confused.

Are those people, that Trump is considering for high-level positions, not the very same "New World Order" type people that those who voted for Trump wanted gone from politics?

Oh and Trump is not "my boy", not sure where you got that idea - did you actually mean to respond to someone else?

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

He has two years in the sun, which he will completely own along with his cabinet and Congress, and if they don't start improving things for EVERYONE you will see that this gloating is short-lived.

Actually no. People thought that about Obama too but that's because they forget Senate rules. The GOP does not have a filibuster-proof majority in Senate even if you factor in red state Dems who might be inclined to vote with the GOP on some issues and would be willing to vote for a cloture.

Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for a total of 72 days when you get into the nitty gritty — Trump won't even get that unless the GOP picks up seats in the midterms.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He has two years in the sun, which he will completely own along with his cabinet and Congress, and if they don't start improving things for EVERYONE you will see that this gloating is short-lived.

Actually no. People thought that about Obama too but that's because they forget Senate rules. The GOP does not have a filibuster-proof majority in Senate even if you factor in red state Dems who might be inclined to vote with the GOP on some issues and would be willing to vote for a cloture.

Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for a total of 72 days when you get into the nitty gritty — Trump won't even get that unless the GOP picks up seats in the midterms.

They can change the rules though. They can dismantle the filibuster and protocol rules for the Senate. That remains to be seen...

link   
a reply to: Snarl

Let's wait and see how a seasoned business man deals with the members of his board of directors.

Donald Trump isn't used to having a board of directors though is he?

link   
After all the crying about how Obama was "transforming America" America isn't that much different now than before Bush took office. Now that the Republicans and the Tea Party have total power you will see a real transformation- and it will be worse than you can possibly imagine.

Most likely industry will be allowed to do anything they want and anyone who protests or reports on it will be sued or imprisoned. Trump thinks it's fine to take your property so millionaires can get richer building skyscrapers or shopping malls. Millions of people will probably be poisoned, bankrupted, have their voting rights denied or their social security stolen or be forced to have children against their will. We will spend all our money on attacking other countries and become poor and rejected by other nations because of it.

America will become very similar to Nazi Germany and this time there will be no way to repair the damage that's done.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

America will become very similar to Nazi Germany and this time there will be no way to repair the damage that's done.

Nobody is forcing you to stay in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: xuenchen
At least they're not Obama insurgents !!

they're called American voters, not insurgents,....don't you have a Russian gulag to go run, or are you just vomiting hatred

I hear a Russian contractor company is bidding on FEMA camp management !!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't think McConnell will go with the Nuclear Option. He was one of the principal architects of the GOP's obstructionist strategy and he knows how badly that will backfire the next time the GOP has a minority in Congress, which if history is any indicator, will be soon.
edit on 2016-11-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So you're fine with America becoming a corrupt, fascist, hellhole?

Thank you for proving that the right wing is evil.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So you're fine with America becoming a corrupt, fascist, hellhole?

Thank you for proving that the right wing is evil.

Proving what point, that you are fear mongering?

You got tonight's powerball numbers Mrs. Cleo?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wouldn't have gotten what I was truly hoping for if Clinton was elected either. I think you greatly underestimate Clinton's unfavorable numbers. The only candidate to have worse for as long as they've been tracking such things was Donald Trump. I would have been far happier with Sanders but even then, he's not my ideal candidate either.

My God you made a whole bunch of annoying threads ... and wound up the loser (chuckle). Exactly how does the feewel? Loser.

I'm fine but that's for asking! It's always good to hear from a fan!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm not sure how to respond to this. It sounds like you are agreeing with me but I have to admit I'm confused.

Of course you are. But, it'll be okay soon.

We are all passengers on the same ride. I don't have any reason to hate anyone (here).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Apparently a lot of Americans are realising this. The Canadian Immigration website crashed under the load of too many requests - all from Americans. I also read that the UK, Australian and New Zealand Immigration websites have experienced a massive uptick in requests from Americans since the elections result....in the 100's of percentage points.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
There has been a lot of liberal outcry over trump for awhile now. But, I've seen a few things about trump that have me raising an eye brow for sure. He did talk a lot of # about putting Hillary in prison, now he is acting like nothing even happened. I just can't get over his previous connection with the Cintons.. So I'm definitely skeptical of whats going on right now.

I truly hope Trump is a man of his word, and that he is just tapping the current "old guard" to see what they bring to the table, if they aren't what he is looking for he can work on getting new people in that have better ideas. I abstained from voting because I had way too many questions about what all of this really meant for the future of the US. Call me what you want, but I won't shoulder the blame if everything goes south.

I give him credit for NOT talking about putting Hillary in prison! Imagine the rioting and cities being burnt to the ground if he was at this point?

I see people from the left so butthurt that they are creating threads like the one on "Trump won't repeal the ACA" and they are bragging about it when in reality should they be slightly soothed that he is at least keeping some of the good aspects of the bill such as preconsisting conditions?

Nah, I have called Obama the "Great Divider" and he has done just that! He has divided this country to the point that rioting is now being called a peaceful protest, that beating up whitey is now acceptable because of "slavery"!

It doesn't matter what Trump does nor tries to do to bring us together as a country at this point, Obama's legacy will be the conditioning we are seeing now to rip this country to shreds thru the use of identity politics.......

Screw the new Puritans and their witch hunt! I will see them in the streets when our LEO's walk off the job and the anarchy they helped to create bites them in the ass.

We are being used!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It's always good to hear from a fan!

I'll be glad to see politics displaced by more interesting topics.

And ... I would never hope to see the ban hammer hit you. Places where people agree on every topic become boring rather quickly.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Apparently a lot of Americans are realising this. The Canadian Immigration website crashed under the load of too many requests - all from Americans. I also read that the UK, Australian and New Zealand Immigration websites have experienced a massive uptick in requests from Americans since the elections result....in the 100's of percentage points.

I would bet none of those countries would want any of these emotional wimps to live among them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join