It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbysists for transiiton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Told You So
Told You So
Told You So
Told You So
Told You So

Same old thing, same old faces but even WORST as we tried to tell the Trump fanatics.

I told the Obama fanatics 8 years ago he would tap the same old faces and the same old people and Trump despite all his rhetoric will do the same old thing

www.politico.com...

Donald Trump campaigned as an outsider who vowed to “drain the swamp” in Washington, but the president-elect’s transition team is packed with veterans of the GOP establishment, as well as with lobbyists for the fossil fuel, chemical, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries.As Trump and his aides vet nominees for his Cabinet and lay out a first 100-day agenda, they are leaning heavily on the sort of DC insiders that the billionaire railed against on the campaign trail — people who cut their teeth working for Presidents George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and former nominee Mitt Romney, as well as on the influence peddlers Trump accuses of ‘rigging’ the system against ordinary Americans.

All of those people in the rust belt who gave him the election will be very very sorry very very soon

When are we ever going to learn...I think never

I love the sound of a con man's victory

edit on 12-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It gets better, Willtell. He's got a balanced Supreme Court that's short a player. He's got a red Senate and a red House.

Trumps going to Make America Great Again. No more liberal agenda. No more proggie voices.

Loot while you can. Let out all your extremist feewings. Tear s#!t up. 0bama time is almost over.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

When anyone asked Ron Paul a question, he knew the answer.

Ron Paul's knowledge when it comes to anything government related is astonishing.

From earmarks and trade agreements to baseline budgets and interpretation of the Constitution, there is no aspect of government workings that Ron Paul doesnt know.

Trump on the other hand has said very plainly that he doesnt have all the answers.

That hes going to "surround himself with the best people".

Unfortunately in his mind, those "best people" are the heads of corporations and government insiders.

Reinforcing the perpetual revolving door between government and the mega (not MAGA) corporations.

Unfortunately, he just doesnt seem to "get it".

link   
It’s going to be very funny watching Trump tap the soma old Republican guard who ruined the country 8 years ago.

People in this country will NEVER learn that your ALWAYS being lied to and conned by these politicians and even the no politicians.

The same old sharks, lobbyists, and power brokers for the elite will surround Trump like piranha and he will have no resistance capacity

Trump is no John Kennedy

You poor saps fooled again just from the other side of the political spectrum

Prediction: DESTRUCTION

I'm afraid this time were doomed

edit on 12-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Your unfortunately right.

But I'm afraid this time were not getting a pass

Its bad and gonna get nothing but worst

We didn't learn from the Bush era did we

AS BAD AS Obama WAS AT LEAST HE BROUGHT US OUT OF DESTRUCTION

TRUMP AND THE GOP WILL BRING US RIGHT BACK TO THE DOOR OF DOOM

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As soon as Obama got in office 8 years ago and proceeded to appoint the same old WaLL Street flunkies I SAID THE SAME THING TO THE Obama fanatics.

You’ve been had

They of course, save the ones with inner honesty, denied the obvious as his corporate masters proceeded to do the same old stuff by the same old people for the same old reasons among them

GREED!

So even though one should give a new president some time… F___ that

The same old bastards are going into power nothing is changing

When are you people GOING TO WAKE UP.... WHEN ARE YOU EVER GOING TO LEARN?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There has been a lot of liberal outcry over trump for awhile now. But, I've seen a few things about trump that have me raising an eye brow for sure. He did talk a lot of # about putting Hillary in prison, now he is acting like nothing even happened. I just can't get over his previous connection with the Cintons.. So I'm definitely skeptical of whats going on right now.

I truly hope Trump is a man of his word, and that he is just tapping the current "old guard" to see what they bring to the table, if they aren't what he is looking for he can work on getting new people in that have better ideas. I abstained from voting because I had way too many questions about what all of this really meant for the future of the US. Call me what you want, but I won't shoulder the blame if everything goes south.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
At least they're not Obama insurgents !!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
yeah OK.

This is what happens when people start smoking too much dope.

you need to find a new dealer I think. Yours is lacing your stash with coco puffs and its making you a little coo-coo.

with your logic it would make sense for trump to just use Obamas staff LOL. Obama saved us LOL. Yeah... things are just great. 8 years and this country is in the worst shape its ever been.

wait until the real numbers come out on the economy...HAHA!

Time for the American populace to prosper again. We may actually have a viable self sufficient middle class again when trump gets his agenda implemented.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Wow the authoritarian rise is powerful on ATS.

Trumps going to Make America Great Again. No more liberal agenda. No more proggie voices.

What do you think Trump is going to do, lock the greater number of people of who didn't vote for him up in re-education camps? Unbelievable. None of you better ever blather about the Constitution, liberty, freedom, the FF or anything else you so love to fraudulently flaunt and let me see it because I'm going to remind you of how you're acting right now.

It's ridiculous.

You seem to be drunk on some mistaken belief that you've installed an authoritarian whose going to stamp out your political adversaries. Luckily for you who are currently too blind to understand what you're gleefully — if wrongly — gloating about about, the rest of us won't threaten to silence your voices when the newly energized Democrats aren't saddled with a scandal-ridden Clinton. How many of the soon to be disillusioned Trump voters are going to rush back out to vote when Trump fails to deliver what they expect?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It seems to me that his picking all those Republican insiders may be a move to 'watch his back'.. Now that he has opened the door to a 'real' right wing corporate putsch' ,to their eyes, he may just be standing in the way and 'pop'. They may figure to keep him around a bit as a figure-head, but should he cross their plan of rolling back society to the 1950s he could very well find himself expendable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It'll take a while for Trump supporters to realize they've been had.

Back in the patent medicine days, you usually had to use half of a bottle of "medicine" before you figured out it was snake oil. Not much seems to have changed.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

he cant do anything about Hillary right now and its going to be tough to pin her down after Obama does a blanket pardon for the entire country. Think about that.

we have a long way to go to right this ship and we need to get to work. Trump is doing just that. Have a little faith. He has not even taken power yet. He will stick to his 100 day plan. His inner circle has been reassuring the populace since he won and i have not seen anything to show otherwise.

yes he is going to have some experienced insiders on his team. trump is not stupid. If they compromise his agenda though they will be gone. Not all of them are pedos. So far i like what i am seeing. Only a couple have been questionable but trump and his inner circle obviously see something we dont. He has thousands of positions to fill so there will most likely be a few who are questionable. when you see people like Gowdy, gulianni, Carson etc. in top roles then your in good shape.

personally i hope he taps into Rand Paul and Ted Cruz a bit. i am not sure those two and trump would mesh though. its hard to tell with donald. I dont think he necessarily wants yes men. In the end he has the final say anyways. donald wants folks who think outside the box or have a lot of knowledge in terms of political gamesmanship.

again... have some faith and give him a little time. This entire administration is going to be unorthodox mixed with a little status quo. Its going to be the populist counter to Obamas statist administration.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How else can you get things done other than with people who know the game??

If he picks Giuliani or Gowdy for AG then the game is real.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It gets better, Willtell. He's got a balanced Supreme Court that's short a player. He's got a red Senate and a red House.

Loot while you can. Let out all your extremist feewings. Tear s#!t up. 0bama time is almost over.

Wow. Except you are forgetting one thing. In two years Bernie's Revolution will kick up a storm of backlash and you will find yourselves with a very divided government once again with the power to block Mr Trump.

He has two years in the sun, which he will completely own along with his cabinet and Congress, and if they don't start improving things for EVERYONE you will see that this gloating is short-lived.

I hope he does not crash our economy and country in those two years, but we will pick up the ashes and rebuild. Over half the country that voted did not vote for him. Their voices WILL be heard, in the streets if not in Congress, and when the Republicans have dismantled the safety net and thrown people under the bus, we will rise, and you will wish that they hadn't. This ain't over. It's never over. Look to history and you will see. Every two years it turns from "yay! we get a blank check!" to "oh crap we can't get anything done!"

Enjoy your false sense of victory while you can. The peaceful Revolution is coming.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I don't get this. Isn't this denying others a voice now? Isn't that what you railed against and voted Trump in for - now you want to do the same thing to the "liberals" and "proggies"?

I fail to see how this solves the problem and fosters discussion rather than just ignoring them. You were ignored, so you fought back and voted in Trump - now you want to do the exact same thing and expect a different result?

Einstein called that "insanity".

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hey will this is the same people who told us for 8 years that obama would be emperor and they would die in fema camps.

And here i thought it couldent get funnier.

Trumps is owned by the gop, and yes we told you guys.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You have no reason to believe.

I am under no delusions or disillusions. Trump is a well-known Democrat.

The only thing I'm gloating about ... well things ... is that you (personally you: 'theantediluvian') didn't get what you were hoping for during the elections ... and the New World Order has been mostly cast out of leadership. My God you made a whole bunch of annoying threads ... and wound up the loser (chuckle). Exactly how does the feewel? Loser. (Disclaimer: I don't know you, so I can't 'hate' you. But, I can hate the things you did.)

I wonder what's really going to happen to 'the Democrat party' now that The Don is in charge of the Republicans.

We are truly living in extraordinary times.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

and the New World Order has been mostly cast out of leadership.

Newt Gingrich
Rudy Guiliani
Sarah Palin
Paul Ryan

All being considered for high-level positions.

How are these people NOT a part of the New World Order that none of us wants?

I wonder what's really going to happen to 'the Democrat party' now that The Don is in charge of the Republicans.

2 words: Bernie Sanders.

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am not surprised. Corrupt businessmen do not become honest politicians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join