It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California and Trump are on a collision course over immigrants here illegally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: underwerks
Do illegal immigrants pay sales tax on everything they buy?

can't wait for trump and his ilk to start calling people on the left traitors to the homeland...how long? maybe a year or two, it's in all the dictators guide to civil unrest used successfully around the world,

Or maybe He will slander them by calling them : "the Deplorables".

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Do illegal immigrants pay sales tax on everything they buy?

Yeah, just not what they steal. Im in Cali, and one of those idiots stole my Social Security number so they could work. Im glad I didnt have the government come after me at the end of the year and make me pay their taxes too. When I paid my hospital bill the ospital workers laughed and stated that my bill ($70,000) was so high, because illegals pay nothing at all and I have a job, am an American, they know where I live, and they need to get more from me to make up for the losses due to the Illegals using our services.

It just sounds like your statement is " Look! They pay a penny over here and a nickel over there, see they are helping by doing their share, now go pay 70 grand you lazy thoughtless racist American Nazi!"

Actually illegal immigrants pay around $12 billion a year in taxes.
www.politifact.com...

I'd say your hospital experience has more to do with shady over-profiting hospital and insurance companies.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's fine and dandy, how much do they pull from government social services? And are the two numbers (taxes vs benefits) comparable to a legal citizen or immigrant?

I think we all know that answer.
edit on 12-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

That logic is just a deliberate twisting of words to sow sedition, and the left knows it.

CRIMINAL means the people whom break the commoners laws that get you thrown in jail, not thrown out of the country.
edit on 12-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's fine and dandy, how much do they pull from government social services? And are the two numbers (taxes vs benefits) comparable to a legal citizen or immigrant?

Would you be ok with illegal immigration if there was a system in place to tax them at the same rate of everyone else?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This issue has been discussed to death over the last decade. The time for talking is over, and it's clear what needs to be done.
1. End any and all federal funding to sanctuary areas. Pass a bill that mandates this. Give them one year to comply and then start cutting.
2. Use EOs to totally enforce existing law. No Congressional approval is needed for this.
3. Pass a law charging a 5% surcharge on any and all wire transfers to Latin American countries.
4. Use the proceeds from #3 to drastically increase border security, including a possible high tech wall that has the ability to detect drones flying above and tunnels excavated below.
5. Figure out what to do about the Dreamers. I'm not opposed to them staying providing that they can prove that they came here before the age of 12 and that they are over 18. eliminate any possible amnesty for their parents, they can get in line and wait their turn.
6. Increase penalties for employers that knowingly hire illegal aliens. Make it a first offense felony with mandatory prison time, Expand the scope of the law to include general contractors that use subcontractors with illegal aliens. Also end 1099 contract labor in the construction industry without a multitiered system of identity verification.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Arizonaguy because: added #6

edit on 12-11-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Kick everybody out.

The rioters waving Mexican flags people violently attacking innocent people, anybody burning police card.

Kick them all out.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Would you be ok with illegal immigration if there was a system in place to tax them at the same rate of everyone else?

Yes I would be okay with that, it's called legal immigration.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What I meant was would you be ok with them coming here illegally if they were taxed at the same rate that everyone else is forced to pay?

Still here illegally, but made to pay all the same taxes as you do?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You are correct. Some people just dont get it. They think everything is about money. This is a safety issue. We all know Safety comes first. The US needs to know who you are and if you have a criminal background and of what nature. They also need to know your plans for while you are here

edit on 12-11-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What I meant was would you be ok with them coming here illegally if they were taxed at the same rate that everyone else is forced to pay?

Or we could create a system that would accept qualified immigrants after a vetting process to award those who go through the process that also helps assimilate them with other processes they'll need to go through like the rest of us.

Oh wait, we have that, so what are we talking about again?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If it comes down to it, I support state rights over edicts from washington.

It will be ironically amusing to see lefties suddenly call for states rights though. Such hypocrites. Watch, it will happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

You are correct. Some people just dont get it. They think everything is about money. This is a safety issue. We all know Safety comes first. The US needs to know who you are and if you have a criminal background and of what nature. They also need to know your plans for while you are here

So it isn't about taxes and people paying their fair share? Gotcha.

Safety. What stops a legal immigrant from lying about who they are, why they're here and what they plan to do during their "vetting"?

People's stories can be checked out but those are easy to fabricate as well. Buying a clean identity in a place like Mexico for when the U.S. runs a background check is pretty cheap.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Or we could create a system that would accept qualified immigrants after a vetting process to award those who go through the process that also helps assimilate them with other processes they'll need to go through like the rest of us.

Oh wait, we have that, so what are we talking about again?

We're talking about the question I asked you in my previous post. Which you still haven't answered.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All it takes is one person to sneak across the border not even realizing he is carrying a virus..... and many many innocent people could suffer for it.
When my wife immigrated here I learned a great many things, things that I never really thought about. The medical exams are a good example.
That reason is all the reason I need to understand that every person that comes here to stay needs to be checked out before he/she is turned loose. it one thing to be willing to gamble with your own life..... its very different to force others to gamble with theirs.
legal immigration, although a pain in the arse and frustrating as hell..... and time consuming and at times ridiculous. Is needed and it is very important that everyone who comes here goes through the proper procedure to do so.
Sorry doesnt fix a Zika infection nor does it mean much to the baby being born with abnormalities.

This is not about the color of a persons skin.......this is about unintended consequences , about someone crossing the border thinking "oh its just a little cough"

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Gotta love the posts with To-Do lists.

They never seem to take into account the fact that "the people" have handed their power over to their "representatives" and if these people don't want to do anything on your list then it isn't getting done.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No I'm not okay with people sneaking across the border purposefully dodging authorities proving they know what they're doing is not the correct way.

I have nothing against people wanting to come over, but there is a process.

When people sneak across that takes away from resources that could be allocated to getting the people who are trying to get in legally here.

Reward those who follow the protocol, simple as that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No I'm not okay with people sneaking across the border purposefully dodging authorities proving they know what they're doing is not the correct way.

I have nothing against people wanting to come over, but there is a process.

When people sneak across that takes away from resources that could be allocated to getting the people who are trying to get in legally here.

Reward those who follow the protocol, simple as that.

So it's just about the rules. Gotcha.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bottom line: it's all about money. The plague taught Europeans that fewer people = richer people. The ones coming across the border are not smart enough to figure that out. Cut ALL federal money from any municipality which acts as a 'sanctuary' to these ignoramuses, and they will go away. Carlos Slim is proof not ALL hispanics are ignorant, just the ones who CHOOSE to be. Too many babies = poor country. Too many mouths to feed. Simple mathematics - think too small of a piece of pie to even taste. Need less people eating the pie. That should be simple enough for anyone above ground to understand!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How can California be "on a collision course" with Donald Trump? The U.S. Government will determine what happens to Illegal aliens. If President Trump wants them deported, and the US Government agrees, it's a done deal. There's no "collision" involved, when the law of the land dictates that an action must be taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join