It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California and Trump are on a collision course over immigrants here illegally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In La LA Land, they are not "illegal aliens" or "illegal immigrants", they are "immigrants here illegally".

Sort of like a certain kind of criminal is not a "bank robber", they are merely "bank clients withdrawing other people's money"...

California is quickly becoming a battleground for immigration policy as a cross-section of leaders across the state vowed to fight any plans by President-elect Donald Trump to deport thousands of people in the U.S. illegally. Trump said during the presidential campaign that he’ll build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and deport people in the country illegally.

Or, perhaps, the Trump Administration should vow to prosecute these "leaders across the state", who impede the enforcement of Federal Laws (including those already on the books...pre-Trump), for Obstruction of Justice and Accessories after the Fact.

California has some of the nation’s most liberal policies when it comes to handling immigrants here illegally. The state has allowed them to get driver’s licenses, health coverage for children and in-state tuition.

And why wouldn't you offer free services and tuition to people who are in the Country illegally, and do not pay taxes? Oh yeah, that's right...because it makes no fiscal sense whatsoever.

“I’m close to becoming a U.S. citizen,” Vega said. “But I think of my brothers and sisters who have recently immigrated, who are barely learning the language and who are being punished because of the color of their skin.

No Mr. Vega, the illegality we speak of here has nothing to do with your brothers' and sisters' skin color (whatever that skin color may be), it has to do with the fact that your relatives are in the United States in contravention of the law. This is equally true for Mexicans and Central Americans here illegally (did I use that correctly?), Asians here illegally, Canadians here illegally, Nigerians here illegally and Eskimos here illegally.

Get over yourself. But why waste a good race card, when you have one you can flash around to deflect from the real issue?

California - Home of the Vague (notion of citizenship)

I wonder, if the CalifornExit people ever got their way (which they will not), if they would just throw their new national borders wide open to everyone from everywhere. Now that would be a rude awakening, in very short order, for the politically correct!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There is a big difference between illegal immigrants, and illegal immigrants who are criminals.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
There is a big difference between illegal immigrants, and illegal immigrants who are criminals.

How so? Isn't an illegal immigrant breaking the immigration laws?
That would make them a criminal.
They are the same.
edit on 12-11-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Secede!!! Take your electoral votes, your democrats, your illegals with you...

Don't let the door hit you on your way out...!!!

Bye!
edit on 12-11-2016 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Sort of like a certain kind of criminal is not a "bank robber", they are merely "bank clients withdrawing other people's money".

You earned your star and flag right there!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Do illegal immigrants pay sales tax on everything they buy?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

With the money they make illegally? I'm so glad we get 7% of that back.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Do you guys remember when Mexico took territory from the US and simply drew the border into California and Texas?

Oh, never mind that was the United States in 1848

Anyone focusing on illegal immigrants is only hurting their own cause. Illegal immigrants are victims of global corporate enterprise just like you and your manufacturing jobs are. Trumpismo is the Symptom to a problem. And so is Illegal immigration.

You cannot scapegoat a symptom and somehow come out victorious. You have to have sight on the connected world we are in and realize what war refugees, immigrants and even the drug war are a product of.

Oursourced jobs to countries paying slave wages which people are also fleeing from.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

With the money they make illegally? I'm so glad we get 7% of that back.

Your actually looking at close to 10% in a lot of areas due to how the laws in Cali are set up.

So they do pay taxes, huh?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yep, one is a criminal and the other is a criminal. Illegal pertains to crime. Crimes are commited by criminals.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes, they do...spending non-income-taxed dollars, earned in illegal employment.

They get freebees, while actual American citizens have to pay taxes on their incomes, pay for their own health care and their kids' tuition - assuming they are able to find a job that wasn't already taken by somebody who is not supposed to be in the Country.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

well,...no, actually I`m pretty sure if you are here illegally you are committing a crime by merely being here illegally.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

They get freebees, while actual American citizens have to pay taxes on their incomes, pay for their own health care and their kids' tuition - assuming they are able to find a job that wasn't already taken by somebody who is not supposed to be in the Country.

So its more about which taxes they have to pay?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
These people aren't immigrants they are trespassers.

Trespasser-
"a person entering someone's land or property without permission."- exactly what they are

Immigrant-
"a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country."- what they want to be.

Quit calling these people immigrants.
The real immigrants are the ones who do things legally and correct. Grouping these trespassers with the legit immigrants does the immigrants a disservice.

The left likes to use the word immigrant to give a false narrative that the right wants to throw out minority citizens. NO ONE is advocating throwing out REAL immigrants. These aren't those people. Quit clouding the water, its not hiding your deception.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

are you suggesting that it`s ok for someone to commit crimes as long as they pay taxes?

what other crimes should a tax payer be allowed to commit? rape? murder? tax evasion?

edit on 12-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

can't wait for trump and his ilk to start calling people on the left traitors to the homeland...how long? maybe a year or two, it's in all the dictators guide to civil unrest used successfully around the world,

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yeah, just not what they steal. Im in Cali, and one of those idiots stole my Social Security number so they could work. Im glad I didnt have the government come after me at the end of the year and make me pay their taxes too. When I paid my hospital bill the ospital workers laughed and stated that my bill ($70,000) was so high, because illegals pay nothing at all and I have a job, am an American, they know where I live, and they need to get more from me to make up for the losses due to the Illegals using our services.

It just sounds like your statement is " Look! They pay a penny over here and a nickel over there, see they are helping by doing their share, now go pay 70 grand you lazy thoughtless racist American Nazi!"

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

are you suggesting that it`s ok for someone to commit crimes as long as they pay taxes?

what other crimes should a tax payer be allowed to commit? rape? murder? tax evasion?

Not at all. Why do you think illegal immigration is on the same level as murder and rape?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

So its more about which taxes they have to pay?

I am guessing that you think you are being clever, by saying that people in the country illegally pay Sales Tax when they purchase things with their ill gotten cash...but this (is it supposed to be an argument of some kind in favour if illegal aliens?).

If so, then I suppose that Americans should be very tolerant of domiciled drug cartel members who are supporting local economies by throwing cash in the air at Gentlemen's Clubs, and buying Lamborghinis...and paying the Sales Tax on them of course.

If this is a foundational argument for how non-citizens should be treated while in Country, then Tourists should be provided with free health care for their kids while visiting...along with College Tuition, of course, if they (over)stay a little longer - because, after all they pay Sales Tax on their Disneyland tickets.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Not at all. Why do you think illegal immigration is on the same level as murder and rape?
Most mexican women are raped on the way here illegally. The Mexican Coyotes are often the ones that rape them. Come here legally and none of this would happen

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join