It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful magnitude 6.2 earthquake strikes northeast of Fukushima Daiichi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck off the coast of Japan northeast of the Fukushima nuclear complex Saturday morning, where the devastating offshore quake of 2011 killed nearly 16,000 people and caused a meltdown of three nuclear reactors.
SOURCE

We don't know when the straw that will break the camel's back will come to Fukushima, but my guess is that it will happen in my lifetime. Earthquakes and typhoons are annual occurrences near Fukushima. The damage is adding up.

Liquefaction is a real danger at Fukushima Daiichi, and it could happen anytime. I make these posts in part to clear my conscience in preparation for the day of reckoning.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Who's stupid idea was it to build a nuclear power station were they did anyway? How did that conversation go?
"This spot gets earthquakes and tsunamis every year"
"I agree, perfect"

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Who's stupid idea was it to build a nuclear power station were they did anyway? How did that conversation go?
"I agree, perfect"

My guess would be politicians were involved in the conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
"I agree, perfect"

The Japanese were sold the idea of redundant safe guards just like all of us were. I begins in childhood, with tours...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Have been watching Fukushima for years. A ticking bomb. A continually leaking bomb. Just one of hundreds around the globe. Science needs to find a solution away from nuclear fission energy. Can't even find a solution of disposing of the byproduct other than making weapons out of it.

new topics

top topics

join