It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump made mean comments so I am justified

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: zosimov

The OP is most likely one of those people who when confronted with the horrors of gun violence will respond, "but the vast majority of gun owners are peaceful people!"

Funny that he won't say that in this case.

I know it's not everyone, or even a majority committing the violence. What I am irritated about is the justification being shown.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can't do the mental gymnastics to make this alright, its not.

I'm sorry, but by your logic, those are only words, not violent acts in themselves.

Here, read the OP again.

The idea that Trump said things that condone violence somehow justifies the actions of the left is nuts. I keep hearing it, thinking it's just a knee jerk reaction and it will subside quickly. It hasn't. And these are the same people who are against everything Trump says. (except the parts that make them right in their tiny minds) There is no justification for harming another human. I don't care if Trump begged you to do it. It's wrong. It's time for all the crybabies to get back to their lives they had before the election. The rest of us are busy working and raising our families just as we did before. Bottom line, there is no excuse for what we are seeing. NONE. Grow the # up.

I am speaking about justifying the violence, not perpetrating it. If you need further clarification, I am not sure I can explain it to you in a language you will understand.

Don't worry, English is my first language. You picked the right one.

Ironic what people are justifying these days, isn't it? It's almost like I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still have support!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't think anyone was saying violence is okay. What is being said is his comments certainly don't help matters and help to contribute to the general feeling that violence is okay.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: zosimov

The OP is most likely one of those people who when confronted with the horrors of gun violence will respond, "but the vast majority of gun owners are peaceful people!"

Funny that he won't say that in this case.

I know it's not everyone, or even a majority committing the violence. What I am irritated about is the justification being shown.

You can't do the mental gymnastics to make this alright, its not.

I'm sorry, but by your logic, those are only words, not violent acts in themselves.

Here, read the OP again.

The idea that Trump said things that condone violence somehow justifies the actions of the left is nuts. I keep hearing it, thinking it's just a knee jerk reaction and it will subside quickly. It hasn't. And these are the same people who are against everything Trump says. (except the parts that make them right in their tiny minds) There is no justification for harming another human. I don't care if Trump begged you to do it. It's wrong. It's time for all the crybabies to get back to their lives they had before the election. The rest of us are busy working and raising our families just as we did before. Bottom line, there is no excuse for what we are seeing. NONE. Grow the # up.

I am speaking about justifying the violence, not perpetrating it. If you need further clarification, I am not sure I can explain it to you in a language you will understand.

Don't worry, English is my first language. You picked the right one.

Ironic what people are justifying these days, isn't it? It's almost like I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still have support!

great example, now all you need to do is show where anyone said that was cool. Like a linked post or something.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hey, I'm really not here to spread discord. Really not. There are examples of despicable behavior on both sides. I was only trying to urge you to turn your focus and your energy in a more positive (and representitive of our populace) direction.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I will agree with that, if you will agree that there was no excuse for Trump condoning violence.

So if we don't agree that Trump condoned violence, you won't agree that the rioters harming other people are wrong?
Typical double standard.

That not hat she said

In my opinion, the violence isn't justified unless it's directed at the government. That being said, trump is scum and he's getting what he was inciting.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Maybe they all need participation awards.

Maybe then they will stop crying.

Comedic Gold.

You gotta wonder if these deplorable trophies weren't issued, would they be patterned to waste their energies on losing so hard?

Losing is the new winning!

edit on 12-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I will agree with that, if you will agree that there was no excuse for Trump condoning violence.

And I would agree with you if you admit that when that black man was tossed out of Hillarys rally and she encouraged some of her supporters to follow him outside to "re-educate" him or whatever that specific terminology used was nothing but a cover for take him outside and beat his ass.

So they both promoted violence at their rallies but yet Trump is only the evil one because of it.

Status Quo.... which is exactly why we have Trump as a President now.
edit on R512016-11-12T10:51:27-06:00k5111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The OP is a strawman.

Sure they are just words posted at his site but they are about his agenda. What he plans to do. Some people oppose that.

It isn't just because he may have said mean words at some point during the campaign

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Or has everyone conveniently forgotten this fact?

edit on 11/12/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I love that post so much, and in so many different ways!

Set course for political humour.

Engage!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

When did Trump condone initiating violence?

I have only seen him advocating peoples right to defend themselves against paid viokent protesters.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I believe the point the OP is trying to make is that it's wrong on all sides of the board. Including Trump, but since he didn't type it exactly how you wanted it, you're missing the big picture. He didn't excuse Trumps actions, and said we shouldn't use what he said as justification. Like I said, it's not your exact words, but try reading between the lines instead of being "that person"! You know the type I'm talking about.....

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"Trump made mean comments so I am justified"

In Trumplandia you can substitute your own version of reality and be praised for it. I mean, our new glorious leader does it daily.

I'm just taking tips from him, after all.

So why is it bad if I want to push my own version of the facts and reality onto everyone else, when the very man "the people" have chosen does it?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And another big flaw to your post is that you will only agree with the OP "IF" he agrees that there was no excuse for Trump condoning violence. That says a lot about you, and your character. So you're saying you can't admit a wrong that others do until someone see's and agrees with your point of view. In my opinion, that is very immature, weak minded. You can't just agree that those people were/are wrong without being justified by someone else's opinion?
edit on 12/11/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Breaking News: Americans suprised as nation is violent and divided after a president whose entire campaign was run on violence and division is elected.

You couldn't even make it up.

originally posted by: gunshooter

And another big flaw to your post is that you will only agree with the OP "IF" he agrees that there was no excuse for Trump condoning violence. That says a lot about you, and your character. So you're saying you can't admit a wrong that others do until someone see's and agrees with your point of view. In my opinion, that is very immature, weak minded. You can't just agree that those people were/are wrong without being justified by someone else's opinion?

No, it's pointing out the OP is a hypocrite, one rule for Trump, another rule for everyone else goes completely against the US consitution. I'm a pacifist and think both are equally moronic.
edit on 12-11-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Breaking News: Americans suprised as nation is violent and divided after a president whose entire campaign was run on violence and division is elected.

You couldn't even make it up.

But yet, you just did!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Breaking news: Americans still don't understand satire and sarcasm

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: jedi_hamster

Of course, I have no problem admitting that the people doing this are horrible and wrong for doing it.

But will you admit that Trump was also wrong and horrible for soliciting violence? Can you actually type that out for me?

I'll say it was wrong.

Here's the big difference that you are missing:

Most of the people who voted for Trump took him seriously, not literally.

Most of the people who hate Trump took him literally, not seriously.

So you guys seem to think that just because Trump said mean things and talked about violence, means we are violent. Which means as usual you are very wrong.

Meanwhile you guys like to say you are the superior choice and that LOVE trumps HATE, but are incredibly belligerent and are displaying high levels of hate.

So stop acting like you are some moral high ground.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Look, either violence and hurting others over political ideology is right, or wrong. Again, I don't give a rats ass who said what, I care who is DOING what and why. Actions are the issue here. I fully expect the loosing side to be upset. In fact, I fully expected to be on the loosing side. I hated Hillary with something I didn't know I had in me. But whatever the outcome might be, I know I did all I can do, and there is NOTHING I can do right now to change that. Now I am not a college degree holder, so it might be my extreme ignorance afoot here, but my parents taught me things like respect, teamwork, sportsmanship, and integrity. Those are things you don't learn at school, you learn them through living and being a person.

There is no excuse EVER for hurting someone that isn't an immediate threat to you. I haven't lost a fight yet, but every one I have been in left me feeling physically ill that I hurt another person.

Why is it such a foreign idea to act like you wish to be treated?
edit on 12-11-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My apologies to you all.

It was unbecoming of me to lash out like this, and I owe you all an apology.

For what it is worth, you have it.

edit on 11/12/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join