It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Citaaa - UFC 205

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I practiced martial arts all my life, it gave most likely a fearless attitude good or bad, the first time i ever saw a mixed martial arts event was in my home on a bootleg copy of the UFC1 - UFC5, and like everyone who watched it you told mythological stories about King Kong vs Godzilla.

My MMA interest started with a movie called, Bloodsport with JCVD, and to those who have seen it in the late 80s knows the mystery and myth the movie came with.

For the first ever a UFC event will be held at New York, and not in any venue, but in MSG..
And on the Main card: three title bouts, including a champion vs. champion contest

Reference

Bloodsport
UFC
UFC - 205
Madison Square Garden

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Thanks for posting.

The pacing of the event is my only concern; three belts are the line and they're all 5 rounders, which could make the production of the event a bit messy. That being said, a big tip of the hat to UFC for pulling it off...

I've got Conor by an early KO/TKO, Joanna the same, and Thompson by methodical 5-round decision. I hate the Cerrone fight fell through because of Gastelum's constant inability to make 170lbs, but otherwise this a completely STACKED card.

Hope you enjoy it as much as it has been anticipated

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Bummed Tim Kennedy won't be fighting.
This is an all star card. Probably going to be the greatest UFC fight card in history.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I got Eddie by K.O in the 2nd, Joanna is a beast.. She will win by points on my guess.. Wonderboy by points, Gastelum has some issues, its not like he is riped...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I've put an accumulator on McGregor, Khabib, Woodley, Weidman, Jedrzejczyk, Natal and Edgar to win. Romero is the favourite and I have an idea an on-form Weidman should edge him out. Is Weidman on form? We'll have to wait and see. Women's UFC has gone stupidly hard to bet on and it's been the year of the underdog - still should be Jedrzejczyk. All the pundits think Boetsch will win so the Natal bet is a risk. Regret putting it in tbh. Same with Woodley when Wonderboy is the bookie's favourite, but Woodley can be a total beast and Wonderboy is still untested imho. Yeah he's fought 2-3 big names and they weren't at their best on the night.

I haven't won a UFC accumulator this year and missed out by 1 and 2 results. It's a bit of fun with low stakes involved.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I think the Conner fight will be decided by submission.....and early when everyone is still dry and sticky... a lot more than pride is at stake here IMHO....hands will fly and whoever blinks first and turns to expose the angle and path to be mounted will have their back taken...and if they open up early like this, they will surely go to sleep.A failure to grasp this underlying urgency could be very costly......I have always wanted to see an opponent try an inside spinning elbow...miss it...and spin themselves right into a rear-naked choke....lol....because when that move is attempted and missed the neck is sooooooo wide open and the direction of spin and torque KEEP IT OPEN and spin it right into the choke .....MMMmmmm....I lick my lips thinking about how quickly one could latch on and clamp a fully exposed neck like this....no defense....full depth...sinking RIGHT IN FIRST BITE....sleepwalking your opponent across the mat.....then just gently setting him down.....lol...lol...having had the odd rear-naked sunk in on me immediatly after I had been opened up in similar ways .... I can say that when it goes deep fast you are finished fast and there is no big battle...when the pipe is shut off its shut off end of story....its a lot harder to fight a read-naked sunk in deep standing up with someone running you backwards and not leting you scramble and hit the mat than it is if you are on the ground.When a dum dum misses a spinning elbow all you need to do is step over his leg hug-up and let him corkscrew himself into your cobras sliding around his windpipe.Taking a rear-naked to the floor is only needed when it isnt sunk in 100%...if its in deep you WANT to just shuffle-walk it backwards and sleepwalk your way to the win.

You can also slap an opponents arm/shoulder to FORCE CONTINUED ROTATION and turn a missed uppercut into a standing choke sunk in DEEP with a smoother faster simpler step-over than when you work it out of the spinning elbow miss.I would love to teach Conner some of the things I learned if I wasnt afraid he would break me into painfull little pieces even playing nice....if you dont have these possibilities worked into your mentality and instincts you are missing out on an entirely NewAge way of approaching combat sports.

I would call the missed upper-cut slap-step transition into standing choke the Mc-Kraken in honor of Conner.....lol.Now all he has to do is come to me to learn....lol.

new topics

top topics

join