It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlling Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
A couple of questions...

How do I control my dreams?
Is it safe? What are the disadvantages, if any?
What is the safest method of doing it (as in none of that evil spirit crap)?
This might sound silly, but can I use it to fortell the (mainly my) future or use it as a medium to contact my angel/spirit guide?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

Thanks!

Tell your alien friends what you want to dream of, and they will ensure that your dream will come true.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You can check out this website

www.lucidity.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Thanks!

Tell your alien friends what you want to dream of, and they will ensure that your dream will come true.

I was being serious, mind you; although, my post may have sounded ridiculous, but that's why this is the PARANORMAL forum. Scroll up for the conspiracy forums

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Blackout]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Thanks!

You have alien friends Vertu?
Care to introduce them to me?
I love to meet them you know....
Btw shouldnt you be trolling the aliens boards since majority of your threads are about aliens?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ah, that would be called lucid dreaming. I believe it's perfectly safe and I haven't heard anything of evil spirits while doing it.
Here's a nice (long-ish) FAQ on it. :]
brain.web-us.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming? There is many ways.

One way that I know of is to check on a regular basis if you are in a dream. (It seems to help if you remember your dreams well.) Check if your surroundings are realistic. Try to remember back through the whole day. Look in a mirror to see if you yourself looks right. This has worked for me. But it is kinda annoying doing this. And it is only rare that you will actually remember to do this at the right time.

If you are in a dream and do this then you will be able to change the dream to what you desire.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have found it much easier to actively participate in your dreams when you first start falling asleep or when you are beginning to wake up. I very rarely seem to be able to consciously do much in my dreams during REM sleep, but if you find during your dreams that you are aware that you are indeed dreaming, that is the first step to my understanding. My wife is known to talk in her sleep sometimes, and I have talked to her before while she was in very obvious REM sleep and she responded intelligently, so I believe that conscious action is possible at any stage of sleep/dreaming, but very difficult to realize. Sleep is pretty interesting stuff, very poorly understood, but fascinating. Some of the chemicals released during sleep are (gasp) hallucinagenic as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I just found this thread and was interested due to some experience I have with lucid dreaming. However, before I could post a really good link I had found, I noticed that Ekstasy had already posted it. That link is a good "how to" on the basics of lucid dreaming.

I wish you luck in your endeavors. Lucid dreaming can be a very rewarding experience.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So umm...how long did it take (guess/average) you guys to finally accomplish lucid dreaming?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So umm...how long did it take (guess/average) you guys to finally accomplish lucid dreaming?

It took me only a few days from when I first learned about the concept to actually experiencing my first one. I read a book about astral projection by Oliver Fox in which he described what he called a "dream of knowledge" (because you have the knowledge that it's a dream). I was so amazed to learn that such a thing was possible that I guess it woke up my "critical faculty" (as he put it) and the next time something weird happened I was able to identify it as the product of a dream.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
some people don't want to stay in the dream. They use the same tec. to wake up after figuring out their dreaming.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hmmm jlc163...thanks for you reminding me. That's a subject I forgot to touch on. When dreaming lucidly, do I need to force myself to wake up or do I wake up naturally?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It happened pretty quickly for me. I already had a pretty good general idea of the basic concepts before I started learning how (it's not too much different from astral travel). I think it was my second or third attempt before I actually got it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Often, because I love to fantasize, I'll lay semi awake and create a dream, simply by forming a situation...my favourite, from 40 years ago, was going to a cavern where my spaceship was hidden, climbing aboard and firing it off the planet. The imagery would be self created initially, but, eventually I would fall asleep and the story would continue on.

I wake up remembering the start and bits of the rest, but this only happens when I'm nod off for a few minutes.

Another dream I initialize is that of a house with many rooms, always different. That dreaming is not my favourite, because confusing things can happen there.

btw...I can visualize the building totally. If I ever saw that house for real, it would totally freak me out.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hmmm jlc163...thanks for you reminding me. That's a subject I forgot to touch on. When dreaming lucidly, do I need to force myself to wake up or do I wake up naturally?

When you are Lucid Dreaming you will find it hard to stay asleep, and when you wake up you will want to go back to sleep. Thats the problem I get.

This worked for me 3 times in a row..... Try lying in bed and meditate. I belive what happens here is the higher conscious funtions keep running while everything else shuts off. Then when you have been in a meditative state for a while let yourself drift off to sleep. Hopefully then you should still be slightly conscious when you go to sleep.

new topics

top topics

join