It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has any non Trump supporter experienced this besides me?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MartinD28
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I'm a straight white male that lives smack in the middle of rural Texas. None of my friends, family, or acquaintances talk this way and I have quite a lot. Many of them are what would be considered "rednecks" and "hillbillies", and none of us talk this way. Not out in the open, not behind closed doors, not in a whisper. The school my family works at is probably 70% black, and 20% hispanic. We are a spot of white in a sea of black in the football stands, and we're all great friends. We have thanksgiving and christmases together because they enjoy our company and we enjoy theirs, and race has nothing to do with it.

And we all voted for Trump. Again race had nothing to do with it.

I do not deny that racism exists. Your inference that the people you know who voted for Trump are racist as*holes therefore everyone who voted for Trump is a racist asshole... well that's a reflection on you and the people you know. Period.

It is not a reflection on me and everyone else that voted for Trump.

I would suggest finding new friends.

i'm from texas!
howdy lol texas isn't very racist at all (except a few hold-out towns in east texas like orange and vidor, apparently there's a lot of kkk out there still). new orleans isn't racist either, (but i don't know about much else in louisiana). but i also lived in mississippi for a while, and that place is REALLY racist... practically still segregated. it creeped me out. i'm in illinois now. it's pretty mellow. not racist but the clash between right and left is kinda bizarre in my neck of the woods, but the edges of most suburbs and rural areas are probably like that. i think a lot of the people who are racist enough to publicly use the n word are in regions where most people think its acceptable. otherwise you only hear it from a few people in the privacy of their homes, and those people are becoming rarer and rarer, thankfully. i think this left-right divide is getting really out of hand. why is there so much hate? we're all trying to do the best we can to build a good country, we just have different opinions on how to do it. maybe we should all give eachother a little more credit and listen more.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDots

S'up, ma rapist? Yo, scumbag, let's grab a McD's!

When I was in my early twenties, my friends and I used to call each other T-steppers because we had found the term on urban dictionary and found it so hilariously over the top, plus the word itself sounds like some cool slang, so no one knew what we were saying.

We were not being serious, of course. It was a tasteless joke shared among friends.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You mean like this ? "Don't ask me to heal. You and I are now on opposite sides of a great cultural divide. In casting your vote for Donald Trump, you have shown me a part of you that I didn't know was there and I seriously cannot accept in you.
You have demonstrated to me that you are a staggeringly poor judge of character, a gambler who is willing to throw away my children's future for the sake of your "grievances," an apologist for a sexually-assaulting intellectual midget and the world's most transparent fraud. Now, excuse the hell out of me, but when you roll the dice with the country I used to love and you endanger all the social progress we have made for the last 50 years, and you normalize hate-mongering and bigotry - I'm sorry, but it tends to make me a tad cranky. So, please don't reach out to me. Don't ask me to "move forward" and get beyond this or to try to understand why you chose to play a high stakes game of Russian Roulette with my homeland. Please don't tell me that these feelings I have should not be directed at you - because you're not like the rest of them. You're different and you're better?Well, maybe you are and maybe you're not. But I know enough about you to know that you went into a voting booth on November 8th and decided that it was a real dandy idea to cast your ballot for sheer unvarnished stupidity and hatred. Good enough for me. We can stop right there.
There may come a time for healing. I really don't know. But that time is not now.
Now, I'm busy trying to figure out how to roll up my sleeves and do my part to clean up the huge # you have just taken on the United States of America.
So, do me a favor and back off. Leave me alone. I don't want to speak to you and I don't want to know you and God knows I'm through trying to reason with you.
I'm angry, I'm hurt, I'm negative and I have reached a level of disgust that I didn't think was humanly possible to achieve in one lifetime. There is not an enlightened thought in my head right now. I'm not going to take the high road. You wanted a wall? Then you'll be thrilled to know that mine goes up right now.
You have made a mess the rest of us are going to be spending years trying to clean up.
Unfriend me. Unfollow me. Block me. Take your computer and throw it out the nearest window. I don't care.
I will not share my computer screen with you. I'm appalled that I have to share my planet with you.
Are we straight? Good. Now get out of my way.
I'm busy.
My new friends and I have got about 100 years of mopping up after you to do."

Yeah, there IS so much irresponsible hate and lack of decency out there eliciting the above responses, from especially whites. I too have experienced so much from family, friends, neighbors, facebook "friends", just as the original poster is stating, and more. I have met sooo many people through groups who are extremely hurting, extremely fearful, enraged, depressed. The above response in parentheses is an actual response from someone, that so, so many others share. Not just me, but people are seeing it and experiencing EVERYWHERE, starting with their own spouses, family members, best friends.

I would venture to guess, my opinion of course, is that most the members you speak of that deny seeing any of this, are denying it because they ARE the ones who use racial slurs and share in the lack of human decency towards others that do not look like them or fit in their inner circles.

And to the poster above that stated they live n Texas, and it's NOT racist, except in a few small spots - BULLSH*T ! I have lived in different areas in Texas since 1976. The racism I have seen for the last 40 years is absolutely sickening. And I'm white.
edit on 14-11-2016 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Don't worry so much about others and their errors. Focus on yourself, tell the people around you if they do something wrong but do not attack them or shun them, talk to them.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bastupungen

Agreed, but this is the point most parents failed to teach these SJW's we see being paid to protest.

Simple solution, start parenting your kids or they will be the same kids lead around on a leash doing the globalist bidding.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Non Trump supporter (Hillary despiser) here but also on Scotland where it's not a word you hear very often. In fact, I nearly broke up with a girl when she wanted to call her blue budgie "N*gg*r" and didn't see how it was racist (she also didn't understand how the phrase "I don't have nothing." actually means you have something but that's for another day, ha ha)

Can't say I've experienced a rise in racist language but then I don't associate with many racist types. The vast majority of the people I know are opposed to Brexit and a lot of them are opposed to Trump (they fell for the MSM narrative and didn't know anything about the Clinton Corruption or the funding arming Saudi while acknowledging Saudi Arabia are doing the same for ISIS)

I would imagine if I did have friends who chose Brexit for racist reasons I'd have found our by now and they wouldn't be my friends anymore. Even the ones who voted for it have nothing bad to say about our immigrant population. I think you need to find some new, more tolerant friends....

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am fond of America and its people, so I certainly wish you all good fortune in the days to come.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: TrueBrit
No, I am afraid your read on this is fallacious in the extreme, and the fact that the system does not count missing votes as a vote of no confidence in the process itself, needs addressing in a big way, and as soon as possible.

Well, we're gonna have to respectfully disagree. I have my own issues with Clinton, but I really don't think that her presidency would have had the negative effects that Trump promised he would deliver.

There are certain standards that Trump breached, that needed to be addressed. Sitting this one out just gave him licence. And while the system may not count non-votes as important...they were essential to Trump's victory. Protest votes and non-votes got Trump elected. Those folks can draw comfort from that fact over the next four years. And I'm sure not interested in listening to any pissing and moaning from them if they don't like the results.

I get your point...non-votes may have helped Trump get elected.

Luckily it isn't on my conscience since I don't live in the US. But at the end of the day, to me a non-vote counting towards Trump is no better or worse than a vote directly for either him or Hillary.

If you want to look at the situation from an ethical standpoint, the difference isn't complicity as much as it is intent.

Again, it's another by-product of the system I am unsubscribed to. I will never vote, regardless of whether I do or not I still have to contribute.

You're damn right I'll be saying my piece as much as any voter - when a voter turns their nose up at my opinion, claiming it is less worthy than theirs I'll happily assume it's because they found my points hard or impossible to rebuke.

I mean, I'd use it as a get out clause if it were the other way 'round, must be pretty easy. Good for the ol' conscience, too, particularly if you can somehow turn it around and trick the non-voter into somehow thinking they're as equally responsible as you.

You got that s*** down, bro!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I shall have to google t-steppers!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There's a lot of anger and resentment going around right now on all sides.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't condone such savage behaviour. A gentleman wouldn't ever use ethic slurs in his conversations, it is a matter of simply decency.

Americans are so brash. You would never catch me calling someone a spic or a 'n-word', but you could accuse me of sympathising with white identity and white interests.

I don't believe in racism, I only believe in the purity of bloodlines and racial groups.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey while your at it tell blacks to stop referring to themselves by the N word. The ones that do are the ones we call the N word. They are the black communities problem children.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

All I see is the hate and butt hurt Hilary supporters are spewing. Grow up.

All I see is blind faith for Trump and seeing this tired arguement of "stop whining hillary supports". I was against hillary, but this man should not be the face of America.

People treat him as this anti-establishment savior. They excuse all the negative things Trump says and don't care if he doesn't really have a plan. As long as the idea sounds nice.

This is a man who wrote Jon Stewart (old daily show host) on twitter in the early morning calling him a "pussy". Say what you want about obama's actions as president. At least he was presidential. Now we have the reality star of the aprentence as president.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join