It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has any non Trump supporter experienced this besides me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In the 7 games of the world series, there were more Cleveland fans that attended the total of the 7 games than there were Chicago Cubs fans.

Cleveland has demanded Chicago surrender the world series title.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I seriously can not believe the idiocy of people still believing the LIE that the MSM pushed about Trump being racist.

Trump is NOT RACIST.
Trump has never been racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There are self-hating minorities. I had a chat last night with my friend who's a POC. He told me among his own minority group there are some that vote against their own interests. He also told me some of them either didn't vote at all, or voted for Trump because they were mad at Hillary.

It happens in every ethnic/cultural group. You always have some people with internalized oppression.

You do know that is a bigoted statement don't you?

What makes you think that all Black people have the same dreams, aspirations, life styles, or mindset. They are not members of a collective. They do not have a hive mind. You would never say that a White person that voted for Hillary or Trump did so because they are self hating. Why do you think it is a correct, or a valid statement when you refer to a person that is Black?

You are wrong on so many levels that it isn't even funny. Maybe you should try talking to a few non-white people that voted for Trump. You may be amazed.

edit on 12-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
a reply to: Salander

One can have the same argument that Hillary appealed to anti-americans and and anarchists.

Well the message I received from Hillary over the years is that she supports NWO and Wall Street. She favors war, regime change, and the bottom line for the military industrial complex.

She and her husband signed off on the repeal of Glass-Steagall. She did not appeal to me, but she did appeal to those simple-minded folks who thought that a criminal woman in the White House is better than no woman in the WH.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Being a white man married to a black woman, I can offer a little input.

I have seen far more blacks use the derogatory term "ni**er".

Far more blacks.

It is socially acceptable for blacks to call other blacks that word, but not whites.... that has been driven in our heads repeatedly and with good cause.... the word has no place in modern society.

I hear far more blacks talk about white people that I do whites talk about blacks.

My extended family is approximately 1/2 white/black.

Most people who are truly racist never talk about their feeling and you would never know it by looking at them. But their actions will always give them away.

I would say it is about equal across the boards with those willing to vocally express their views..... the number of blacks that dislike whites is close to the number of whites that dislike blacks.

And no, I do not use the word ni**er around my wife, except when it comes up in a conversation where someone else had used it and we were discussing it.
edit on R292016-11-13T10:29:05-06:00k2911Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i also know a lot of people in the rural areas of the south that tend to use highly offensive racial slurs. i don't like it but i honestly don't know how to stop them from saying these things. i live in rural illinois now and i know a lot of people who aren't racist who voted for trump. i even know a member of a racial minority that is a very vocal trump supporter (she's my cousin's wife and she lives in texas). i voted for johnson in this election, voted for stein in the last one. i think of the trump election as a repeat of the obama election 8 years ago. here's a guy that got a lot of votes by promising to improve the lives of poor working classes. now by his cabinet appointments you can already see he's just as establishment as the person he ran against. it's nearly an exact repeat of 8 years ago.

the media has spun this to be about race. it's not about race. obama's election wasn't about race either, any more than sanders's rise in popularity was about race. it's about class and money, and the fact that the people at the bottom are not getting by. they're willing to try anything to change their own lives, and it's not working.

we can all work to ignore the media spin and tell the truth. yes, there are racists out there. but the truth is that the best thing we can do to fight racism is to create an environment where anyone can get a job and raise a family without feeling like someone else is getting an unfair advantage. howard zinn's a people's history of the united states details how racism was encouraged to prevent black and white poor people from working together to fight for better conditions from the rich. the sooner we close that gap and start working together, the sooner we can kick the state's boot off our collective necks. what's good for poor white people is good for poor black people. what's good for poor black people is good for poor hispanics and immigrants. these things that are good for the poor are only bad for the rich. we all need to come together to create the world we want to live in. we need to stop believing the bullsht we are fed by the media and start talking to our neighbors. racism is a problem, but it exists because it's a symptom of a much bigger problem, and that is the fact that we at the bottom are fighting each other for the scraps that fall from the tables of the rich.

do not believe for one second that trump will fix these problems. he's as much a part of the problem as anyone capable of becoming president. we will only see improvement if we collectively demand it, and we have a lot more power to demand real change when we all band together.

so don't expect trump to fix these problems. watch him, and make sure he enacts the very specific policies you think may help. but don't let his win allow you to grow complacent like obama's supporters did.... 3 wars later here we are with nothing to show except a still-broken healthcare system. and as soon as we get a real candidate we all need to band together to vote for a real change... if that ever happens.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Metallicus

Absolutely not. Enemy is what I call that sort of individual. Fascist. Racist. The antithesis of everything that I stand for in fact.

But the reality is that it should trouble people, that a racist, fascist individual can get behind a candidate in a nation like America. There should not still be people running for office who have the SLIGHTEST appeal to these individuals.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

No matter how terrible a person is, they will find someone to support and relate to. I would bet that literally every single person that has run for office in every country in the world has had at least some horrible people support them.

Let me ask you, what political person or group do you support? I will guarantee I can find crappy people that also support thise people. So ghow dare you support some one that racists like?

My favorite candidate was Ron Paul. Despite the fact that he didn't use harsh language and seemed to be a man of peace, I am sure that there were some racists that liked him. I am sure there were racists that supported HIllary, Bernie, gary Johnson, Jill Stein, everyone that ran in Britain, France, India, China Japan, etc.

So how about instead of judging a candidate because a fringe jerk likes them, we hold the candidates responsible for their own actions.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
As someone from Kentucky with family all over the south, I feel your pain.

People that hold racist and bigoted ideas now feel its ok to bring all that hate out of the closet for everyone to see, because they feel Trump made it ok.

Trump supporters here on ATS that have never been around that type of thing think you're either lying or its some liberal conspiracy to bad mouth Trump. Just because they haven't witnessed it personally.

You should have heard the hate I got from my own family when I told them I'm bringing a Muslim girlfriend home for the holidays this year. That's never been a problem until Trump.

So clearly this is a one sided thing right?

Surely you have been railing against the silencing of conservative voices on campuses, the institutional practice of blaming "whiteness for everything". Surely you are ready to decry people publicly hating on white people for the election, for claiming when blacks or any other minority vote in a block it is a great sign of unification, bit when whites vote in a block it is racism. Did you blame this public acceptance of racism against whites on the election of Obama?

There are racists on all sides of the political spectrum. People are so scared about the hypothetical racial abuse that will come from trump supporters, yet all we see since Trumps election is videos of Trump haters attacking people and committing violence.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

People that hold racist and bigoted ideas now feel its ok to bring all that hate out of the closet for everyone to see, because they feel Trump made it ok.

Trump supporters here on ATS that have never been around that type of thing think you're either lying or its some liberal conspiracy to bad mouth Trump. Just because they haven't witnessed it personally.

You should have heard the hate I got from my own family when I told them I'm bringing a Muslim girlfriend home for the holidays this year. That's never been a problem until Trump.

Surely you have been railing against the silencing of conservative voices on campuses, the institutional practice of blaming "whiteness for everything". Surely you are ready to decry people publicly hating on white people for the election, for claiming when blacks or any other minority vote in a block it is a great sign of unification, bit when whites vote in a block it is racism. Did you blame this public acceptance of racism against whites on the election of Obama?

There are racists on all sides of the political spectrum. People are so scared about the hypothetical racial abuse that will come from trump supporters, yet all we see since Trumps election is videos of Trump haters attacking people and committing violence.

Where did I say I wasn't? Racism is bad no matter where its coming from. Surely you aren't assuming I support something based on what "side" you think I'm on. That would be a completely one sided thing to do, right?

Surely you understand I'm talking about my personal experience, right? And its not just rumors. Some Trump supporters are lashing out at people taking the lowest road they can with what they say and do.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

All part of the plan, and we are all too willing to go along with it.

We listen to the lies about were the bodies are buried and dig their tomato gardens for them. We will never get to pick one fruit from the vine and will line up to kill each other on command.

Smart we are not. Gullible, puerile, and inane; yes.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Where did I say I wasn't? Racism is bad no matter where its coming from. Surely you aren't assuming I support something based on what "side" you think I'm on. That would be a completely one sided thing to do, right?

Surely you understand I'm talking about my personal experience, right? And its not just rumors. Some Trump supporters are lashing out at people taking the lowest road they can with what they say and do.

Yet I haven't seen one post of yours on ATS decrying the anti white racism that has been institutionalized.

But that fair, just because you haven't mentioned it doesn't mean you accept it.

So just for the record, you are saying you are against the things I mentioned;

the silencing of conservative voices on campuses, the institutional practice of blaming "whiteness" for everything, people publicly hating on white people for the election, for claiming when blacks or any other minority vote in a block it is a great sign of unification, but when whites vote in a block it is racism.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yet I haven't seen one post of yours on ATS decrying the anti white racism that has been institutionalized.

But that fair, just because you haven't mentioned it doesn't mean you accept it.

the silencing of conservative voices on campuses, the institutional practice of blaming "whiteness" for everything, people publicly hating on white people for the election, for claiming when blacks or any other minority vote in a block it is a great sign of unification, but when whites vote in a block it is racism.

If it's actual racism or silencing of voices, yes. Everything else you said is on a case by case basis, that's a lot of words to put in my mouth.

I don't believe there's an institutional practice of blaming whiteness for everything, the majority of the institution is white.

The media you choose to listen to might tell you different though.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If it's actual racism or silencing of voices, yes. Everything else you said is on a case by case basis, that's a lot of words to put in my mouth.

I don't believe there's an institutional practice of blaming whiteness for everything, the majority of the institution is white.

Well academia is part of the institution. If you would like, I can post a list of majors and classes in universities that teach the evils of whiteness. Do you not think that the media and political classes not only accepting these teachings in academia, but also celebrating them is a tad bit more oppressive than some white folks you know using the n word?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well academia is part of the institution. If you would like, I can post a list of majors and classes in universities that teach the evils of whiteness. Do you not think that the media and political classes not only accepting these teachings in academia, but also celebrating them is a tad bit more oppressive than some white folks you know using the n word?

I say teach it all. As long as what's taught in those classes aren't the only point of view the students are exposed to I don't see the problem.

Part of learning at that level is learning to think for yourself. You can never have too many points of view when it comes to trying to understand something. I don't see it as an attack on my whiteness, no.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I say teach it all. As long as what's taught in those classes aren't the only point of view the students are exposed to I don't see the problem.

Part of learning at that level is learning to think for yourself. You can never have too many points of view when it comes to trying to understand something. I don't see it as an attack on my whiteness, no.

I sort of agree with you. Though does teach it all mean we should devote equal time to defending how nazis and Scientologists are right, etc?

You have to draw the line line somewhere, and demonizing specific races seem to be a good place to start.

But in general I am for an open discussion on anything in academics. The problem is academic world is not interested in debating different points of view; they are about the least diverse group imaginable, with only liberal point of views allowed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm a straight white male that lives smack in the middle of rural Texas. None of my friends, family, or acquaintances talk this way and I have quite a lot. Many of them are what would be considered "rednecks" and "hillbillies", and none of us talk this way. Not out in the open, not behind closed doors, not in a whisper. The school my family works at is probably 70% black, and 20% hispanic. We are a spot of white in a sea of black in the football stands, and we're all great friends. We have thanksgiving and christmases together because they enjoy our company and we enjoy theirs, and race has nothing to do with it.

And we all voted for Trump. Again race had nothing to do with it.

I do not deny that racism exists. Your inference that the people you know who voted for Trump are racist as*holes therefore everyone who voted for Trump is a racist asshole... well that's a reflection on you and the people you know. Period.

It is not a reflection on me and everyone else that voted for Trump.

I would suggest finding new friends.

edit on 13-11-2016 by MartinD28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MartinD28

This is good to hear. I was pleasantly surprised to notice what seemed like a concerted effort by most of the people I came in contact with today. At church, everyone was more than their usual friendly selves. There was lots of hugging and laughter. At the local stores, people went out of their way to greet, speak, and smile.

Locally people are very friendly, but I got the feeling that people were reaching out and being welcoming on a greater level. That they were reassuring each other that our town hasn't changed, and that we are a solid community. It felt good.

I feel confident that we will get through this and we may be a lot stronger and better for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, your experience is also very nice to hear.

It didn't hit me till about halfway through the football game last Friday that according to the media we should all be hating each other and in the midst of a riot. In real life (at least the one I'm living) none of that crap applies. We're all friends loving thy neighbor and so forth, even if we do disagree on some things.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I guess I am lucky. The only people I hear calling black people N----r's, are other black people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join