It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has any non Trump supporter experienced this besides me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy
As someone from Kentucky with family all over the south, I feel your pain.

People that hold racist and bigoted ideas now feel its ok to bring all that hate out of the closet for everyone to see, because they feel Trump made it ok.

Trump supporters here on ATS that have never been around that type of thing think you're either lying or its some liberal conspiracy to bad mouth Trump. Just because they haven't witnessed it personally.

You should have heard the hate I got from my own family when I told them I'm bringing a Muslim girlfriend home for the holidays this year. That's never been a problem until Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDots
Everyone has a right to complain whether they vote or not.

They most certainly do. However, they've pretty well abandoned the right to taken seriously. Whingeing after the fact is easy. You know you are factored into this political process that you eschew. In fact, a lot of people count on you to let them get away with whatever they want.
Yup, the 'non-voters' really showed them who's boss.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

"Has any non Trump supporter experienced this besides me?"

Sorry, no, not really. And I live in Kentucky on the border of Southern Indiana. Must just be that you have a rotten circle of friends and family.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Odd, is it not, that those who do not vote at all, are not considered to have passed judgement in refusing to engage with either candidate?

Surely it is morally unjustifiable to vote for a candidate who does not properly represent ones beliefs or attitudes? Surely one must not vote against, but for a candidate, else the legitimacy of both candidate and process alike must be held in serious question?

This "if you do not vote, then you do not have a right to complain" or as you put it "abandoned the right to be taken seriously" argument is rather foolish, when it is possible to be forced to pick between two poisonous people, neither of whom have a quarter of your own moral fibre?

No, I am afraid your read on this is fallacious in the extreme, and the fact that the system does not count missing votes as a vote of no confidence in the process itself, needs addressing in a big way, and as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Sorry, no, not really. And I live in Kentucky on the border of Southern Indiana. Must just be that you have a rotten circle of friends and family.

Northern Kentucky and where I'm from down by the Tennessee border are two completely different places. Even down to the landscape.

The people are way different as well. I went to college in Lexington, and moving up there felt like I was in the north east it was so different. Rural vs city has a lot to do with it as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Northern Kentucky and where I'm from down by the Tennessee border are two completely different places. Even down to the landscape.

The people are way different as well. I went to college in Lexington, and moving up there felt like I was in the north east it was so different. Rural vs city has a lot to do with it as well.

The OP specifically mentioned family in the precise area I live.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The OP specifically mentioned family in the precise area I live.

Also West Virginia and Texas.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Everyone has a right to complain whether they vote or not.

They most certainly do. However, they've pretty well abandoned the right to taken seriously. Whingeing after the fact is easy. You know you are factored into this political process that you eschew. In fact, a lot of people count on you to let them get away with whatever they want.
Yup, the 'non-voters' really showed them who's boss.

As a non-voter, I wasn't trying to show anyone anything.

I said how I feel about it personally, I can't talk anyone into following suit, so not really sure what your point is.

As for being 'factored-in', you seem to assume that I'm talking about myself on a personal level but it goes deeper than that. If you'd paid attention you'd have seen that many of the examples I gave for as to why I feel disenfranchised with the current system weren't for personal gain or benefit. I spoke of an elderly relative and an NHS that doesn't even have the equipment to care for her.

I spoke about a friend of my Parents' who is apparently fit to work, but can barely stand straight for crippling arthritis. I spoke of a failing education system when I'm in my 30's.

I want to contribute to society, but it isn't going to the people it should be. They're being de nied basic help. Last year in Glasgow we had a man take a heart attack while driving a garbage truck and kill 6 people. This man has been demonised...but nobody is caring that this man lied to get the job despite knowing he was unfit for it...nobody is talking about how he and many other sick people are being forced to go out and work jobs that are dangerous not only to them bu the general public.

I do see wealthy politicians claim expenses for numerous properties, though. So not sure what your points actually were but pretty wasted on me I can tell you.

No, at the moment, I ...thankfully, do not need help from the state. I work, am fit, healthy and get by. I struggle often but I get by.

Do I hold politicians personally responsibe for the things I speak of? And many, many other things....like the homeless people I saw this morning huddled into groups in shop doorways because they are freezing? I could go on...no I don't hold the politicians completely responsible, they don't vote themselves in.

So keep voting and trying to justify your own position as a game player. Take pride in choosing your leader, some of us feel we need guidance and leadership from the morally inept and the corrupt but I'm not one of them.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ThreeDots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Donald Trump has emboldened and given sanctuary to the worst aspects of humanity. That's how he won. He brings out the worst in all of us!

Wrong. The party in charge since 2009 have done that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I think your reasoning is a bit off. I don't think all Trump supporters are racist, closet or otherwise. I think America has its share of ___phobes, ____ist, Bigots, ect. I don't think Trump winning the election created the mentality of these folks and they are spread across all party lines.

I think people are angry and frustrated because they sat and watched a crack in the dyke to go unchecked until it looks like it is too late to salvage much of anything when it inevitably blows. Yet, they still aren't willing to fix and save what they can, because it is too easy to sit back and blame anything and anyone else. It is easier and immediately satisfying, to slap your neighbor for a break in a shared fence, then to work together to gather up the livestock and fix the fence.

The really good thing about Trump winning the election is that it has brought the cockroaches out of hiding. We can now see just how big the lie is that we have been living. We can stop fearing ISIS, immigrants, and invaders. We are riddled with cancer, we are cannibalizing ourselves, and we will be destroyed by the disease that is within.

edit on 12-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The American Nazi party and the White Aryan Resistance backed Obama in 2008.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
No, I am afraid your read on this is fallacious in the extreme, and the fact that the system does not count missing votes as a vote of no confidence in the process itself, needs addressing in a big way, and as soon as possible.

Well, we're gonna have to respectfully disagree. I have my own issues with Clinton, but I really don't think that her presidency would have had the negative effects that Trump promised he would deliver.

There are certain standards that Trump breached, that needed to be addressed. Sitting this one out just gave him licence. And while the system may not count non-votes as important...they were essential to Trump's victory. Protest votes and non-votes got Trump elected. Those folks can draw comfort from that fact over the next four years. And I'm sure not interested in listening to any pissing and moaning from them if they don't like the results.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Not all white people who voted Trump are racist?

True, but their vote sent a powerful message to minorities in America.

Many people in WWII Germany weren't Nazi's or hated Jews, either. After the war though, they still shouldered the consequences.

I can't imagine voting for Trump and then being social/talking/interacting with my black, gay, or Muslim friends. I don't know how I could look at them in the eyes and still smile and say hello.

If I had voted for Trump, I would have been sending them a powerful message that my ignorance and short-sighted views are more important than their worth as human beings.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I can't imagine voting for Trump and then being social/talking/interacting with my black, gay, or Muslim friends. I don't know how I could look at them in the eyes and still smile and say hello.

Would you feel the same way toward the Black people that voted for Trump?

I never saw where Trump ran on a platform calling for all American Black people to be sent to concentration camps.

I know a lot of people that voted for Trump, some Black, some White, some Hispanic and even some Muslim. I think people are making a mistake when they buy into this lie that Trump is going to kick all non-whites out of America.

It is just another way to manipulate us to do their dirty work.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
I know this will probably irritate some (you can't breathe around here without getting called a name), but its definitely real and it is a part of our whole problem. No matter what any poster here says or believes, I am a non voting white male, registered as an independent, who paid his own way through college and now works in agriculture. Not a shill, not into partisan politics except a little bit of fun ribbing towards both sides and I swear to you I have experienced something many ATS posters say is not real or does not exist.

I am trying to like Trump and I am trying to believe in his vision. I like a lot of his economic ideas. The UAW supports his nafta plans. I like that a lot. It's just this one thing and its a pretty big thing to me. Man...I have family from Kentucky and southern Indiana, best friends from West Virginia, and acquaintances from Texas and all of them voted Trump and all of them call African Americans 'n-word's. This isn't one or two people. It's a pretty big group. Every single one of the people I know who voted for Trump refers to them in this way. Usually the word is preceeded by stupid or lazy. I can't be the only one who has witnessed closet racists.

I...I don't know what to do. I keep trying, but I can't convince anyone. It's so deeply ingrained. I hear things here then I'm out in the world and I hear the opposite. What's being spouted here doesn't jive with what I have experienced first hand. How am I to accept this as a man who stands up for basic human decency?

All these political arguments are unfair. People keep trying to force me to one side or the other and its ugly everywhere. I don't want this and it doesn't represent the everyday America that most from other countries don't see. I'm embarrassed all the time now because the nice reasonable quiet people in the middle have all separated themselves from the crazies and now the asylum is running the show. The worst part is, neither side is taking action or responsibility for all this negativity. No one is being honest about the connections and looking upon themselves to right the ship.

Liberals have to put a lasso on some of their activists who keep talking about violent protest and they need to stop trying to run everyone's lives. Conservatives and/or decent Trump supporters need to stand up against people using these horrible horrible words and they need to put a stop to these KKK and racist folks. If Trump supporters want the respect of all these poor people who now live in fear then they have to stand up for what's right and uphold the laws of this country. We're depending on you. I'm doing what I can in my little world. One of my oldest friends is convinced that a huge majority of white people hate Mexicans deep down. I am trying to tell him that is not true. I tell him this is not true then speak with the Trump voters I know and without mentioning anything, the word spic is thrown out there. Wtf guys? You can't sit here yelling at people about how they have Trump all wrong then these people who were just yelled at go out into the world and experience what I have experienced. I feel like people here are either ignorant to these things, don't see this as important, or are lying to me in some way. I can assure you that people who put social issues first won't get on board with taking back the country from the corrupt ones unless we show them that we truly care about the things that are important to them.

I'm sorry, call me skeptical but this post looks exactly like what a Correct the Record employee would post in order to incite hatred and division. Even if all of this is true, I can think of no other reason to post this then to Troll.

Do not fall for this - this is in my opinion an attempt at instigation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There are self-hating minorities. I had a chat last night with my friend who's a POC. He told me among his own minority group there are some that vote against their own interests. He also told me some of them either didn't vote at all, or voted for Trump because they were mad at Hillary.

It happens in every ethnic/cultural group. You always have some people with internalized oppression.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Correct The Record doesn't have a reason to exist anymore. They've been paid and left the office building.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

It's nice that folk can act like animals then say Trump brought out the worst in them.

No self control...Trump never brought anything out in anyone, what, are they mindless drones incapable of independent thought?

Nobody is making anyone do or say anything...if you reckon Trump is responsible for your actions you have a screw loose and shouldn't be allowed out in public as you're an absolute danger to yourself and anyone unfortunate enough to encounter you.

Take respo nsibility for your actions and stop looking for a fall-guy.

I just liked what you in general and want to put a little twist and add my 2¢
Okay let's take the word Trump/Clinton out of what you just said and use a different scenario you've fallen madly deeply in love/lust/infatuation you've been promised heaven on earth by said new infatuation and then a situation happened and you watched them slowly die over the course of a day and throughout that day your hopes of seeing your version of hope and happiness go up and down and in an instant death. It's over. I know it seems kinda simple minded and obviously some people will lose control and it doesn't matter if your loved one had lived or died. You need to take a pause. You shouldn't become a criminal overnight. Don't do something stupid you might regret just because of what you're feeling right now. Emotions are okay. Hurting others...use your moral compass. If you had a sibling and each parent had a slight preference for one of you would you go insane with joy that the other died? Would you really be terrified that the one that saw you slightly less favourably was going to make your life a living nightmare even if nothing has or had happened one way or another? As my imaginary friend Spock would say. "Live long and prosper" And since he kinda lacks HUMAN emotions maybe try...Loving?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ouch! It's pretty obvious from the OP they are a Clinton voter with a guilty conscience about it. I'm may be wrong, but I don't think so That is why I wrote as I did. My argument is still valid as much as you want to dismiss it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Ouch! It's pretty obvious from the OP they are a Clinton voter with a guilty conscience about it. I'm may be wrong, but I don't think so That is why I wrote as I did. My argument is still valid as much as you want to dismiss it.

You contradicted yourself.

You saying your argument is valid is an empty statement.

edit on 12-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join