It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has any non Trump supporter experienced this besides me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I know this will probably irritate some (you can't breathe around here without getting called a name), but its definitely real and it is a part of our whole problem. No matter what any poster here says or believes, I am a non voting white male, registered as an independent, who paid his own way through college and now works in agriculture. Not a shill, not into partisan politics except a little bit of fun ribbing towards both sides and I swear to you I have experienced something many ATS posters say is not real or does not exist.

I am trying to like Trump and I am trying to believe in his vision. I like a lot of his economic ideas. The UAW supports his nafta plans. I like that a lot. It's just this one thing and its a pretty big thing to me. Man...I have family from Kentucky and southern Indiana, best friends from West Virginia, and acquaintances from Texas and all of them voted Trump and all of them call African Americans 'n-word's. This isn't one or two people. It's a pretty big group. Every single one of the people I know who voted for Trump refers to them in this way. Usually the word is preceeded by stupid or lazy. I can't be the only one who has witnessed closet racists.

I...I don't know what to do. I keep trying, but I can't convince anyone. It's so deeply ingrained. I hear things here then I'm out in the world and I hear the opposite. What's being spouted here doesn't jive with what I have experienced first hand. How am I to accept this as a man who stands up for basic human decency?

All these political arguments are unfair. People keep trying to force me to one side or the other and its ugly everywhere. I don't want this and it doesn't represent the everyday America that most from other countries don't see. I'm embarrassed all the time now because the nice reasonable quiet people in the middle have all separated themselves from the crazies and now the asylum is running the show. The worst part is, neither side is taking action or responsibility for all this negativity. No one is being honest about the connections and looking upon themselves to right the ship.

Liberals have to put a lasso on some of their activists who keep talking about violent protest and they need to stop trying to run everyone's lives. Conservatives and/or decent Trump supporters need to stand up against people using these horrible horrible words and they need to put a stop to these KKK and racist folks. If Trump supporters want the respect of all these poor people who now live in fear then they have to stand up for what's right and uphold the laws of this country. We're depending on you. I'm doing what I can in my little world. One of my oldest friends is convinced that a huge majority of white people hate Mexicans deep down. I am trying to tell him that is not true. I tell him this is not true then speak with the Trump voters I know and without mentioning anything, the word spic is thrown out there. Wtf guys? You can't sit here yelling at people about how they have Trump all wrong then these people who were just yelled at go out into the world and experience what I have experienced. I feel like people here are either ignorant to these things, don't see this as important, or are lying to me in some way. I can assure you that people who put social issues first won't get on board with taking back the country from the corrupt ones unless we show them that we truly care about the things that are important to them.
edit on 12-11-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

You say you you can't breath because of the criticism but then you go ahead and post this that will be criticised.

The tension will die down in time, Trump supporters are mad, mad as hell! The hypocrisy the left has pulled, look at them!

You talk about it being unfair, no one on here has said anything about Mexicans and Ats is predominantly Trump supporters. All I see is the hate and butt hurt Hilary supporters are spewing. Grow up.

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I don't think you should be questioning Trump...but your so-called "friends" who apparently heard one thing and decided it meant another. Trump didn't use the 'n' word, ever...how is this his fault?

Ask yourself these questions:

1. What's wrong with your friends?
2. Why are they still your friends if this bothers you?

In all truthfulness, I don't believe you're being 100% honest. Do I doubt you have 'friends' who use the 'n' word? No...do I believe that everyone you know who supported and voted for trump uses the word so liberally...no.

I like how you pre-empted by stating that you're a non-voter. Sounds to me that you employed a few deceptive tactics to paint yourself as an outsider, impartial, before going on to make derogatory claims and make out that all Trump supporters are racist.

Your disclaimer doesn't quite sit well with the rest of your post.

Chose your friends more carefully.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ThreeDots because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I vote for people who share my ideology.

I don't care if they are black, white, male or female.

I would be happy to have a black female President if she loved America and protected it with strong leadership. I think your friends have a problem and you should look for new damn friends. I know I would.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have been all over the US in the last 5 or so years. I can relate to what you are saying.

I wouldn't confine it to just the states you mention.

When it happens, I politely but firmly tell whoever may have used the word that I don't approve of the word, and that my parents raised me better than that.

That's all it takes. Most people apologize and move on. Only ever had a couple of instances where I was met with hostility.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I don't like how all the young people throw around the N-word like it is nothing. It grates on my nerves that they use it for everything and even in popular music. I would rather not hear it at all.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Personally I was naive to think that race relations in the USA where all ok, that was up until the current climate that has seen a rise in left wing liberal BLM type movements that on paper cannot argue a case and I feel that many people believe that social inequality is now simply being blamed on racism and is in fact just a excuse for major social issues within certain communities..

White people are branded as racist just for being white and god forbid if you are a straight male to boot.

In places I have seen people accepted to then go on to have their generosity taken advantage of, this situation is very prevalent in Europe.

There is of course a massive elephant in the room, and that is have we now come to a point where it is proven that these mass multicultural soup type societies simply do not work, there are to many flash points for everyone to get along. I think it is also note worthy that there is a large scale of white people in these BLM type groups that are also pushing a agenda that for the average person does not exist.. Personally it is all starting to look like one big cult!!!!...

Does not help having what is classed (sadly) as a leading voice in pop culture on stage for a Hillary campaign shouting the "N" word at the top of his f#cking lungs, just typing that shows how absurd it has become...

RA
edit on 12-11-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by slider1982 because: so

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly, I saw a video on YouTube a few weeks ago, they were white kids using that word in reference to each other.

I never understood that mentality, if a word is offensive it should be offensive all of the time, not just when it suits a particular narrative.

There's a reason why we don't casually refer to one another as 'rapist' or 'scumbag' and stuff like that.

S'up, ma rapist? Yo, scumbag, let's grab a McD's!

What's funniest about it all is that it has become part of the millenial vernacular through media indoctrination. It's a terrible word and everyone is racist, my n*****!

They really have gone full retard. Be the change you want to see or get used to the way things are.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Something about your story seems phony to me. I don't know, maybe things like:

I...I don't know what to do. I keep trying, but I can't convince anyone. It's so deeply ingrained. I hear things here then I'm out in the world and I hear the opposite. What's being spouted here doesn't jive with what I have experienced first hand. How am I to accept this as a man who stands up for basic human decency?

I voted Trump and I am not a racist. I know many people who voted Trump, and they are not racists either. More importantly, we don't vote race. People like me voted Trump because he was not a career politician. I don't know if he will be a great president. I will give him the chance he deserves, at the same time I will be watching him like a hawk as I would any president. I can tell you one thing, I'm getting pretty sick of being called a racist by MSM and fools on the street based on my political choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

This here is absolutely the best post I have seen on the topic all week.

BrokedownChevy,

One of the most idiotic things about the situation at the moment, is that it boils down to both sides of the debate refusing to admit the ills of the least noble of their fellows.

It IS disgusting that rioters are destroying things, allegedly in the name of liberalism, despite the fact that liberal values demand adherents be different than, conduct themselves more correctly than, their detractors, rather than giving into the least of their natures and causing mayhem.

But it is also disgusting that people still cannot grasp the idea that describing people using racial epithets does not equate to good conduct, nor to a legitimate or justifiable stance on any issue. It detracts from any reasonable argument made by a person who uses such terms.

It is also alarming to me that neither side seems even willing to acknowledge the existence of the extremists in their midst, probably because they know that as long as these people continue to associate themselves with the situation, there can be no resolve. It is seen as better to deny they exist so that the machinery can continue to turn, rather than accept that as long as the grease contains these abrasives, the machine will fail. It must not be permitted to continue to operate with these abrasives in its workings, or else it will be utterly destroyed. It will resemble a ball game where one player decides to simply put a combat knife through the ball, rather than pass it along to the next player. Most people would simply fail to invite that player to the game, and I think that both sides need to get their nutters in check for precisely that reason.

edit on 12-11-2016 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removal

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The part where you said you dont vote is where I stopped reading.
You dont vote you dont get to complain or receive my sympathy about the candidate that wins

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One of the most idiotic things about the situation at the moment, is that it boils down to both sides of the debate refusing to admit the ills of the least noble of their fellows.

Well I wouldn't consider people that use the 'N' word my fellows.

Would you?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Absolutely not. Enemy is what I call that sort of individual. Fascist. Racist. The antithesis of everything that I stand for in fact.

But the reality is that it should trouble people, that a racist, fascist individual can get behind a candidate in a nation like America. There should not still be people running for office who have the SLIGHTEST appeal to these individuals.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I can't say I agree with that sentiment. Everyone has a right to complain whether they vote or not.

I don't vote but I'm quite vocal about the situations we find ourselves in. I still worked all my life and paid taxes, contributed to a system I never entered into willingly.

I've heard it all before, you could always leave! And go where, somewhere where there's another similar or worse system already in place?

I do not vote and never will because it's the cause of all of this nonsense.

I refuse to validate this stupidity by being a participant.

If anything it's the people who vote, whether their chosen candidate wins or not, who have no right to whine.

For they continue to play the game. The continue to compete, to queue up like sheep to elect the very person who will tax and bully them into submission for the next however many years.

And they brag about it, like it makes them better than those that don't vote...well it doesn't. It makes you compicit.

Some of us are just waiting for people to stop playing this game, the sooner the better. But in th meantime I'll be as vocal as I like about the position I and my friends and family are in not through choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I suspect its just that you have a lot of, uumm, proud woodsman friends and relatives, who grew up with a slightly different mindset. Of the diverse set of friends I have had, I mostly see it from the types who sometimes proudly identify as 'rednecks' or country types. And I have heard it from a handful of Puerto Ricans, but they were usually not Trump supporters either. Have heard it from some Pacific Asian types.

I have met lots of closet racists, and open racists. I only really know 2 now who use such terminology. And its a 1 - 1 Clinton/PR, Trump/Redneck split. They both have friends they respect and cherish of said race. Which I have actually always found funny in life. I have met racists, but they still have good friends with the race they profess to be 'ist' about.

And then I met people who joke about it like if they are just playing the part at bars sometimes. But then they are drunk and still don't fight about because they are good friends. Its just people man, I guess everyone's a contradiction somehow.

Oh, the racist puerto ricans I have met have been from New York and New Jersey. Whats that about? They have a history of Democrat and liberal support. I meet a lot of people every year. Its just the way I roll. The good news, I have noticed it is really becoming infrequently encountered from year to year. As a child, even I have been subjected to prejudiced terminology and insults by adults and fellow kids. It just seems to me to be growing out of fashion with contemporary society.

Its all just words though, and most people in this decade hardly take it seriously anymore. I have yet to encounter a super, hardcore, public demonstrators of it though like select BLM activists, rioters, or the neo-nazi's kkk types. I only ever seen them on TV. Are they real???

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
People have been well and truly duped into believing that casting their vote, selecting one of a very limited number of options is somehow a privilege.

It's the very thing that is robbing most of us of any privilege and reserving it for the select few...the very people you vote for.

I often wonder what would happen if nobody voted at all...who wins if nobody votes?

This is the very crux of the great deception and people buy it, hook, line and sinker. Every election, they stand in line with gormless grins on their faces, absolutely elated at having this awesome opportunity.

To choose the person who will promise them the moon only to keep it for themselves and their chosen few.

Yeah...I have every right to be cheesed off about it. But nothing winds me up more than the very people I hold responsible for this stupid state of affairs telling me and others we've no right to complain because we're not gullible enough to fall for it every time like you do.

I don't agree with the OP but I'll defend his/her right to complain whether they vote or not. Don't ever let the sheep tell you that you're not entitled to a voice because you won't be hoodwinked into choosing a side.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

It will be hard for the GOP to stand against the very people that helped elect Trump. It is part of the reason the DNC has labeled them as the party of racist and bigot. The DNC knows not all of them are but the GOP can also not denounce them without losing that support.

Just to be clear I am not talking about the KKK, the GOP and Trump have both denounced the group.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Donald Trump has emboldened and given sanctuary to the worst aspects of humanity. That's how he won. He brings out the worst in all of us!

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's nice that folk can act like animals then say Trump brought out the worst in them.

No self control...Trump never brought anything out in anyone, what, are they mindless drones incapable of independent thought?

Nobody is making anyone do or say anything...if you reckon Trump is responsible for your actions you have a screw loose and shouldn't be allowed out in public as you're an absolute danger to yourself and anyone unfortunate enough to encounter you.

Take respo nsibility for your actions and stop looking for a fall-guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDots

People have been well and truly duped into believing that casting their vote, selecting one of a very limited number of options is somehow a privilege. It's the very thing that is robbing most of us of any privilege and reserving it for the select few...the very people you vote for.

On the ABC Nightly News, in an interview with Micheal Moore he said, and I don't have the data to back this up, but it sounds like it maybe true, he said that in Michigan, there were 90,000 ballots counted that had selections for every item on the ballot, every measure, city council member, school boards, etc., but DID NOT select a presidential candidate.

Those are silent acts of protests, in my opinion, and some are now criticizing MI protesters for NOT voting! Interesting times! Screwed if you do. Screwed if you don't!

edit on 12-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join