It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

This is who to blame for Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol, sound familiar?

Excuse me?

Thankyou for your opinion but I respectfully disagree. Perhaps you should take the time to watch the video before replying?

What does the video say? You're supposed to paraphrase it. Don't just post a video and say "Watch this video". Give a clue as to what it says.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Unfortunately his post had little to do with the video itself and more to do with attempting to vilify me by calling me some sort of hypocrite because of something I posted yesterday - that he got completely wrong.

Had he ENGAGED me instead of just throwing accusations and expecting that I would respond kindly to them, then I would have been able to describe the video contents to him and have an in-depth discussion about it. The video itself calls for people to do this, and he provided a shining example of why the video needed to be posted.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Yep Jonathan Pie can be funny, his video about Theresa May and the police is a classic.

The political left has a problem, videos like the one you highlighted might help, but please have a watch of Kraut and Tea's latest (just under 14min)

Until they address the toxic ideology which has hijacked popular politics, we can't progress (my opinion) we need to be able to talk, without labeling and deplatforming for dissenting views, address the argument not just shooting down the speaker.

edit on 12-11-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: fix link

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sounds about right to me! (And I didn't vote for either Trump nor Hillary).

Sounds very much like what this guy says:

Stop Shaming Trump Supporters

It turns out that shaming the supporters of Donald J. Trump is not a good political strategy.

Hillary -- and her supporters -- should have learned from Romney's "47%" remarks. It's never a good idea to insult and piss off half the voters. Maybe they'll learn now...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

address the argument not just shooting down the speaker.

Yes. There is a reason we have that specifically enforced rule on most of ATS (except the Mud Pit). Without it ATS would be just another GLP and not be respected for the stand it takes toward civility and decorum.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It was posted earlier today. It is good.

Wait. What? It is good? That's it? No reflection, no commentary, no analysis? Or is it hitting you SO hard you are now sitting in a bewildered daze, seriously reexamining your belief structure?

Because he's bang spot on, you know. And be sure and watch the other one above this post. That is as good and better.

The left has drifted too damn far off into la la land. Come back to the debate table and engage us as humans without resorting to childish stereotyping and demeaning language as a pseudo defense. We like a lot of the same things you do. There is common ground. It's called Earth.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
He's cute when he's angry. lol.

But I'm not sure Sanders could have beaten Trump, Kryties. Look at Trump supporters. Sanders is out of their league.
Sure he wanted to make sweeping changes. Based on care and love.
Trump wants to make changes based on fear and hatred.
You read even the posts here on this site by Trump supporters.
Who do you think they would have chosen?
The motivation speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

The left has drifted too damn far off into la la land. Come back to the debate table and engage us as humans without resorting to childish stereotyping and demeaning language as a pseudo defense. We like a lot of the same things you do. There is common ground. It's called Earth.

Equally, the right needs to stop the taunting, gloating and vitriol being directed to the left at the moment over Trumps win. It is only exacerbating the problem.

Like he says in the video - "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labelled?"

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I've been hearing a lot of people say they would have voted for Sanders given the chance, and they voted Trump simply because Hillary was radioactive.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That basically explains why the polls were so wrong too.

When you call people deplorables and other vile names naturally they aren`t going to vote for you or be honest in your polls.They created a huge silent majority who kept their mouths shut and did their talking in the voting booth.

here`s something that the young generation needs to understand, baby boomers, who are a large percentage of the population,and older people, were raised to believe that some things are personal and should be kept private.
political affiliation is one of those things,so just because they all weren`t out there standing on a street corner,or on social media, proclaiming their support for trump doesn`t mean they didn`t strongly support him.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Eh, Trump might have beaten Sanders even more than he destroyed Clinton. Speculation.

On topic, the video is 100 percent right regarding the off-the-rails attitude of the increasingly intolerant left.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Eh, Trump might have beaten Sanders even more than he destroyed Clinton. Speculation.

New Pre-Election Poll Suggests Bernie Sanders Could Have Trounced Donald Trump

On topic, the video is 100 percent right regarding the off-the-rails attitude of the increasingly intolerant left.

The unspoken part, but one that is very much alluded to, and one that is being ignored by some people, is that it goes both ways. Yes, the left is going "off-the-rails" but it isn't being helped by the gloating, hatred and vitriol being directed at them either.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
He's cute when he's angry. lol.

But I'm not sure Sanders could have beaten Trump, Kryties. Look at Trump supporters. Sanders is out of their league.
Sure he wanted to make sweeping changes. Based on care and love.
Trump wants to make changes based on fear and hatred.
The motivation speaks for itself.

Try coming to the table and talking. You are continuing the divide with this post. Most of us WANT to find common ground. You are once again lumping us all into a homogenous group. Try looking for common ground.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Sorry, I have to say that post you quoted doesn't "continue the divide" it is actually a perfect example of discussion without hurling insults.

The right can't claim that everyone who disagrees with them is "continuing the divide" - that's what caused this mess in the first place.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

Sorry, I have to say that post you quoted doesn't "continue the divide" it is actually a perfect example of discussion without hurling insults.

The right can't claim that everyone who disagrees with them is "continuing the divide" - that's what caused this mess in the first place.

I beg to differ. To prove my point I quote the last three lines of the post:

The motivation speaks for itself

THEY ... assigning motivation with no discussion. That's division.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

It's an opinion, and one you have a right to debate and discuss.

If you feel it is division, make that a part of the conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's an opinion, and one you have a right to debate and discuss.

If you feel it is division, make that a part of the conversation.

Okay. Here is where I see division.

Look at Trump supporters. Sanders is out of their league.

Which Trump supporters do you want to look at? Sanders is out of their league? That right there is insulting. So I as a Trump supporter am not intelligent enough? Why don't we stop insulting people's intelligence and start talking and more importantly LISTENING. Where do we go from here?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Which Trump supporters do you want to look at? Sanders is out of their league? That right there is insulting. So I as a Trump supporter am not intelligent enough?

No more or less insulting than the entire left now being taunted, having vitriol thrown at them and being gloated at because Trump won - of which I can find numerous examples on ATS alone. It goes both ways, and BOTH sides need to admit they are in the wrong and WORK TOGETHER to solve this crisis.

Why don't we stop insulting people's intelligence and start talking and more importantly LISTENING. Where do we go from here?

I have been trying to make this very point for 2 days now. Nothing can be solved by simply screaming insults at each other.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Which Trump supporters do you want to look at? Sanders is out of their league? That right there is insulting. So I as a Trump supporter am not intelligent enough?

No more or less insulting than the entire left now being taunted, having vitriol thrown at them and being gloated at because Trump won - of which I can find numerous examples on ATS alone. It goes both ways, and BOTH sides need to admit they are in the wrong and WORK TOGETHER to solve this crisis.

Why don't we stop insulting people's intelligence and start talking and more importantly LISTENING. Where do we go from here?

I have been trying to make this very point for 2 days now. Nothing can be solved by simply screaming insults at each other.

Am I taunting you now? That's a side step and excusing the very behavior you say you want to stop. It needs to stop on BOTH sides, not just from the right. I'm sitting at the table waiting all while I'm being called unintelligent.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Am I taunting you now? That's a side step and excusing the very behavior you say you want to stop.

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted what I said as being directed solely at you.

I assumed it would be taken as a given that I was referring to all those on the right and those who voted Trump but aren't necessarily 'right'.

It needs to stop on BOTH sides, not just from the right.

Isn't that exactly what I just said in my previous post? I thought it was

I'm sitting at the table waiting all while I'm being called unintelligent.

I certainly never called you "unintelligent". I'm sorry that you feel that way.

edit on 12/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join