It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters in Portland attack woman with a baseball bat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
o

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: goou111

a reply to: goou111

There I edited out the Pregnant part of the title even though none of you can prove she was not pregnant.

But she was attacked with a baseball bat.

She, personally was not. That would make a reasonable person believe, from the title, that a bat struck her body.

Prove she is not pregnant? That is ridiculous. That would cause people to add (maybe pregnant) to any story about a female ever.

Everywhere I am seeing this it says pregnant woman trying to get to an emergency. I did not make that up.

But keep defending these jackasses that cant accept their future with Trump.

I am not defending them. Still, your title brings to mind someone who is being beaten with a bat. Someone who is sustaining bodily injury.

Why on earth is finding a title to be wrong based on the footage it matches defending anyone?

Yes you are your condoning the behavior. The man clearly states shes having an emergency and needs to get through. What the emergency is well that's irrelevant might be friend having a baby her child was injured and trying to get to the hospital or she is having an allergic reaction to sushi. It doesn't matter one bit but your deflecting the argument. Deflection is just another way of supporting something. The actions of the protestors blocking streets puts peoples lives at risk. Not to mention some of the actions of protestors are obviously trying to intimidate and cause fear in what they believe to e the enemy. Just simply say this incident is totally and completely wrong you cant make it better by arguing semantics.

The police needs to just start enforcing the laws you cant block a public street unless you obtain a permit for a demonstration allowing the police to set up detours. This is doing nothing but make people think they made the right choice voting Trump I'm just shocked at my parties behavior at this point swear im reregistering as an independent and hope democrats realize before its to late they are allowing the party to be destroyed but condoning this behavior. Hillary should be out there instead of hiding telling people to calm down so we lost theres next time. Want to know what made me mad I was watching her election night waiting to hear her speak. My wife was very upset instead of being a leader she just told everyone to go home. She caused a lot of this she left the democrats leaderless and didn't help resolve the fears her campaign spent 18 months creating. Funniest part is democrats are mad at the wrong person I'm pissed at Hillary she should have never been allowed to run. As we can see shes destroyed the party something I said was going to happen for a year and unfortunately she had to destroy Bernies credibility in her grab for the white house. So now he cant even come in to pick up the pieces as we see she is unwilling to.

I'm just so pissed off that we allowed this witch to destroy my party. Without democrats things are going to get bad who will try to protect the weakest of our society. Hell who am I kidding Hillary moved the party from that as well. These people don't care about people only there feelings I'm just diguted with society and we deserve everything we get. One last thing people like you that make excuses for this is the reason Democrats wont recover from this election your guaranteeing decades of republican rule imagine the country than!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 11/12/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No he wouldn't.

They would be charged with vandalism related offences, disturbance of the peace, and other public order offences. There was no offence against the person involved. Nice try, but no cigar.

If he would have hit her with the bat then it would have been assault and battery . But just threatening her with the bat much less swinging it at her car is a felony.

Hitting her with the bat would probably be felony assault. The swinging it at the car or hitting the car are various misdemeanors, depending on what police want to arrest him for and what a prosecutor wants to charge him with.

No. actually hitting them is battery. so he would be charged with assault and battery. What he did is a felony assault and about 3 grand
to get plead down to a misdemeanor.

assault and battery.

he crime of threatening a person together with the act of making physical contact with them.

maybe you dont know our laws that well.
edit on 12-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am not condoning anything. Nothing I have stated condoned or defended anything. It is not deflection, either.

The original title did not match the facts at all. The OP is still completely incorrect. That is all I have been posting.

People reading 'pregnant woman beaten with bat trying to get to the hospital' are being badly misled. It plays on emotions and is dishonest.
Should all threads start looking like BIN or GLP here?

edit on 12-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I am not condoning anything. Nothing I have stated condoned or defended anything. It is not deflection, either.

The original title did not match the facts at all. The OP is still completely incorrect. That is all I have been posting.

People reading 'pregnant woman beaten with bat trying to get to the hospital' are being badly misled.

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

People reading 'pregnant woman beaten with bat trying to get to the hospital' are being badly misled. It plays on emotions and is dishonest.

What you are doing is showing how ignorant of the law you are

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

People reading 'pregnant woman beaten with bat trying to get to the hospital' are being badly misled.

No, I was replying to a post, as one does on a discussion board.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I believe you have that reversed. You also replied to the wrong post.
edit on 12-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: slider1982

where the hell are the Police!!!!....

The bottom line should give you a hint where the police are .

Mr Hales should be arrested.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: liammc

No, I was replying to a post, as one does on a discussion board.
Oh my god.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I can't imagine why. The footage in the video was posted hours later. By the time it was posted, police in riot gear had dispersed the crowd.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Donald Trump received votes that the liberals took for granted:

"Liberal Muslim Woman Says She Voted For Donald Trump In Order To Shut Down ‘Liberal Honor Brigade’"

"whactya4 hours ago: "Oh my goodness" And she couldn't even fake looking surprised by the feed cut-off? LOL! So CNN thought they had their "gotcha" moment on the liberal Muslim journalist but cut her off when they realized she had a reasonable point of view that didn't fit their narrative. CNN is the most dishonest news network operation today".

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: slider1982

where the hell are the Police!!!!....

The bottom line should give you a hint where the police are .

Mr Hales should be arrested.

What is the mayor being democrat have to do with it? Seriously come on the problem is simple the police get bad press in the media for years and we get a police force that fears confrontation. Thro in the fact what would they do with a couple thousand people and well honestly they don't have much choice to watch unless he declared martial law. And than if a democrat did that you would be screaming hes trying to take over the damn country.

Ill just say next time before you try to post partisan crap think about it first. The responsibility lies with the protestors and only they can alter there behavior.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Donald Trump received votes that the liberals took for granted:

"Liberal Muslim Woman Says She Voted For Donald Trump In Order To Shut Down ‘Liberal Honor Brigade’"

"whactya4 hours ago: "Oh my goodness" And she couldn't even fake looking surprised by the feed cut-off? LOL! So CNN thought they had their "gotcha" moment on the liberal Muslim journalist but cut her off when they realized she had a reasonable point of view that didn't fit their narrative. CNN is the most dishonest news network operation today".

She may be shutting down those against her personal agenda next.

Not Cool.

Run ......... run for the hills!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

i rarely (ok. never.) agree with reldra, but i'll have to make an exception here.

they didn't attack her with a baseball bat. they've attacked her CAR, and that's a huge difference (and we can't even be sure if it was a bat or a fist). of course, that's still bad, especially that she was inside - but nowhere near that sensationalist "woman hit with a bat" title.

as for her being pregnant - i suppose it's quite likely that she was, so we can assume that's true.

but then you've brought up that laundry detergent - that wasn't her. it was another woman, they've even mentioned it in the video you've posted, you just didn't watch it carefully enough. she can be seen in the video i've posted in this thread earlier.

bottom line, emotions can be distracting these days, but when someone points out time after time that you're wrong, perhaps it's time to think about it for a damn minute.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

A Few " Live Rounds " over the Heads of these Knucklehead Cowards by Law Enforcement , and that Crowd would be Bookin' Out of Town in a Hurry . It seems if Violence Erupts from what was thought at first to be a " Peaceful Protest " , then it Will be Necessary for the Police to Move in and Clear the Streets of that Rabble for the Public Safety of the People of Portland .
edit on 12-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Rioting in the streets is a crime.

It shoukd be punsishe dtonthe fullest extent.

It is a hazard to drivers and rioters alike.

Anyboy who is in the street when someone commits violence is an accomplice and just as guilty of assault.

No. If one person in a street commits violence all of the other people int he street, maybe 1,000, are not accomplices.
That is absurd.

It's illegal to block traffic while protesting, freedom of movement and all.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is why I say the left is extremely dangerous. They seem to be able to rationalize just about anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join